Is this commercial racist?

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
Personally, I think it is just addressing the fact that many if not most blacks prefer a lighter skin tone. Yet, I can see were liberals will take offense claiming it is racist.

MUNROE on Instagram: “This is not okay. #Nivea - Perpetuating the notion that fairer skin is more beautiful, more youthful is so damaging and plays into the…”

Also, I as have many (how can one not) noticed the over-representation of blacks in T.V. commericials.....now today whilst watching the Alabama-Georgia football game--I saw two commericals in a row with all black actors and there were a whole bunch of them and not one single white.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some, I've heard, strive to be lighter, some darker.

Personally, I think it is just addressing the fact that many if not most blacks prefer a lighter skin tone. Yet, I can see were liberals will take offense claiming it is racist.

MUNROE on Instagram: “This is not okay. #Nivea - Perpetuating the notion that fairer skin is more beautiful, more youthful is so damaging and plays into the…”

Also, I as have many (how can one not) noticed the over-representation of blacks in T.V. commericials.....now today whilst watching the Alabama-Georgia football game--I saw two commericals in a row with all black actors and there were a whole bunch of them and not one single white.
They have to give them jobs wherever they can be stuck in.

A lot of great tunes back then....I really do not think most paid much attention to the meanings of these songs...if it sounded good and was played on the radio...most just sailed along with it whilst getting high or drinking beer. Especiallly...if the girls liked the music.

What happened to all that music? I have no idea what kids listen to now nor do I really care. I do note a lot of time when I am stopped at a red light the kids in the next car over are listening to rap...I am talking about white kids. Pathetic.

Modern pop music is overproduced repetitive crap Frankensteined from earlier creative work and filtered through an Autotune.

Garbage.

I found an article for this from Oct. 2017. I thought immediately that the accent made it clear this was not an American commercial. That's correct--it was marketed in Africa.

Nivea Is Being Called Racist for Marketing Its Skin-Lightening Cream in Africa

I don't know--I'm neither black nor African, so I don't feel I can comment on what African women find desirable or beautiful in their beauty products. I know fashion/beauty can have some very strange trends, however. FWIW, I think women who have very dark skin have some of the most beautiful skin on God's green earth, if they tend it well. And it doesn't age. But no one asked me, just try to imagine that. heh

they are way over represented in commercials
the truth hurts:
...fat people are not pretty to look at--that's why the majority of celebrities are not fat/ugly
...people love to see/watch ''thin''/not fat/good looking people
...how many fatties [ females especially ] do you see on the news stations? not many at all
...ugly people are usually not superstars/etc
..this is just how humans are
..how many neon lights/ads/etc do you see that try to attract people with the color black?

She's redbone anyway, not black.

Forum List

Back