Is this Christian hate-speech in the Bible?

I find it far less hateful than, say, Muslim speech that calls Jews descendants of pigs and monkeys and is accompanied by encouragement to kill them.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...I don't know how Islam came into the discussion, but Islam does not teach that "the Jews are descendants of pigs and monkeys" nor encourages Muslims to kill Jews.

This is a time of a lot of misinformation about Islam, so you should be careful of who is telling you what about Islam; I'm NOT a Muslim, but if you want to learn about Islam, my advice would be for you to read the Qur'an (the Book of Scripture of Islam) for yourself, and NOT TO TRUST EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE TELLS YOU ABOUT ISLAM.

This is what Islam teaches about the Jews:

"(40)O Children of Israel, call to mind My favour which I bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me, I shall fulfil (My) covenant with you; and Me, Me alone, should you fear. (41)And believe in that which I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it; neither take a mean price for My messages; and keep your duty to Me, Me alone." Chapter 2, verses 40-41 of the Qur'an

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Identifying evil is not hate speech. Note that there is no corresponding language in the Bible that instructs the believer to despise, hate, or attack non-believers. Nor is the instruction to avoid entanglement driven by hate. So, it's not hate speech.

"Hate Speech" is just a PC term created by Liberals to quash Free Speech and Freedom of Religion.

Greetings to all,

I was on another website discussing this passage from the Bible and whether or not it is hate-speech and I thought that I would ask the question here.

The passage is 2 Cor. 6:14-15...I want to cite the passage from the Amplified Bible because in researching the Amplified Bible at Wikipedia.org (at Amplified Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ,) I found out this about the Amplified Bible:

"...This unique system of translation allows the reader to more completely grasp the meaning of the words as they were understood in the original languages..."

So we see from the website that the Amplified Bible gives a more thorough translation of the meaning of the Bible's words in it's original languages...OK. Now, here is 2 Cor. 6:14-15, Amplified Bible:

"(14)Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? (15)What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?"

I would like to ask Christians, is characterizing those who do not believe in Christianity as "iniquitous," "lawless," "dark," and "devilish" hate-speech from the Bible?

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977
If it is, the statute of limitations ran out on it awhile ago.

Forum List

Back