is this child abuse?

I think I was in 5th grade at St. Joseph's School. We were out at recess on the playground, and I got hit accidentally by a bat, and uttered the word "Shit."

One of my classmates turned me into my teacher (a nun), who took me to the cloak room and beat me with a paddle. Then she brought me to Mother Superior's office, where I was beaten again. My Mom was called - they threw me out of school for the day - so she drove down to get me and bring me home. As soon as I got in the house, I was beaten with a yard stick, told to "Go To Your Room - Wait Till Your Father Gets Home." My father arrived shortly before six, was briefed on the situation, and I was beaten yet again - this time by his belt.

So kid.....

Shuddup.

I actually believe that being beaten so many times for a simple swear word is way out of line and is child abuse. But that's just me.

No, its not.

In these days it is.

A plant native to Alabama, at least in my hometown, is a bush of some sort that produces what my mother and her mother called switches. We moved around a lot and I believe one of the criteria for moving in, besides the landlord not caring that we didn't pay rent in the last place, was the presence of a switch bush.

Many people have heard the story of how the kid had to go pick their own switch and bring it back and face the punishment. The stories are true. And the chosen switch had better not be a puny one. That causes the parent to go pick her own. The switch is used against bare legs which changes to arms and the back as the kid moves to avoid the strikes and the parent gets more pissed.

In these days it is.

Maybe thats why alot of kids these days act like spoiled irresponsible little shits.

The op douche wants to call cps for getting embarrassed in front of people he will never see again.

Imagine what that douche would do if he endured actual discipline?

and think about this;

In 3 years he could be in bootcamp

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Seriously though squirting ketchup at people in McDonalds? thats something 4 or 5 year olds are expected to do not teenagers. I don't think the little shit was disciplined enough. This little pussy wouldn't even make it off the bus at a Military boot camp, he would break down and want to go home to mommy.

Maybe thats why alot of kids these days act like spoiled irresponsible little shits.

The op douche wants to call cps for getting embarrassed in front of people he will never see again.

and think about this;

Seriously though squirting ketchup at people in McDonalds? thats something 4 or 5 year olds are expected to do not teenagers. I don't think the little shit was disciplined enough. This little pussy wouldn't even make it off the bus at a Military boot camp, he would break down and want to go home to mommy.

The hair cut would make him cry.

Hell, he'd break once he figured out he didn't have his mommy to hide behind.

and think about this;

The hair cut would make him cry.

Hell, he'd break once he figured out he didn't have his mommy to hide behind.

He wouldn't make it through the hair cut, the shower or when you get your uniforms. The sad thing is pussies like him are so typical.

ok here it is.. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst her for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box my i pod and cell i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.telling me we made her look like a bad mother shes being a total bitch to me.

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair shes doing this. she took away my games and i cant go out now cause of that bitch. i want her to chill out and respect me.

I was doing fine until you called your mother a "bitch." For THAT, your mouth should be washed out with soap.

Having said that, let's examine what went on here. First off, who started the fight at McDonald's - you or your brother? If it was your brother, and you were merely defending yourself, I can see your being upset when you were disciplined along with your brother. But stuff happens. Ever see a professional football game where the blue player hits the red player, the red player hits back and the red player gets kicked out of the game?

But regardless of who started the fight, you ask whether your mom's reaction amouts to child abuse. No, it does not. Not even close. I will give you that publically criticizing a child in front of strangers might not be the best way to go about disciplining the child, but that's about as far as I will go in that direction.

Things aren't as bad as all that. Cheer up. You have a mom who cares about you, believe it or not. Life goes on.

A plant native to Alabama, at least in my hometown, is a bush of some sort that produces what my mother and her mother called switches. We moved around a lot and I believe one of the criteria for moving in, besides the landlord not caring that we didn't pay rent in the last place, was the presence of a switch bush.

Many people have heard the story of how the kid had to go pick their own switch and bring it back and face the punishment. The stories are true. And the chosen switch had better not be a puny one. That causes the parent to go pick her own. The switch is used against bare legs which changes to arms and the back as the kid moves to avoid the strikes and the parent gets more pissed.

My parents had never done that to us, my dad, of course, used the belt. I was at my aunt's beach home one summer and she told me "go get me something to hit you with"...I went out and pulled a leaf off of the old maple tree. My mother and my two aunts were drinking wine and putting up jam at the time. When I came back in with the leaf, my aunt Mary looked at my mom an my mom said, "Don't look at me, she's not stupid." they laughed and I think they forgot about the whole thing, at least I don't remember being spanked. In my family, sometimes a good joke will get you extra points...

and think about this;

I once squirted somebody with ketchup at work, in my defense, while we were talking I was just messing around with the ketchup packet, I never knew or expected it to explode like that, it was as big a shock to me as the person I hit with it. Fortunately, it washed out quickly enough and there were no hard feelings. He knew it wasn't intentional. Thank God my boss wasn't there that day....

ok here it is.. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst her for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box my i pod and cell i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.telling me we made her look like a bad mother shes being a total bitch to me.

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair shes doing this. she took away my games and i cant go out now cause of that bitch. i want her to chill out and respect me.

Hi Emma, grab a Hamms and some Marlboros and fuck off. TIA.

I would have pulled your pants down in the middle of the restaurant and walloped your naked behind. Then I would have made you lick the ketchup off the woman's clothing AND made you work off the cost of her dry cleaning bill. When I got you home, I would have walloped you with a wooden spoon until it broke.

Kids get away with WAAAYYYY too much.

THIS would be abuse and I would hope a child would be taken away from a parent who did this.

op - You write and sound like you're much younger than 15. If you were my kid, you would be in summer school to learn how to spell, punctuate and use your own language.

Act like a child, get treated like a child.
If you want your mother to treat you like a young adult, why not surprise her and ACT LIKE ONE!

Does she work outside the home? Do some chores that she would normally do. Empty the dish washer, wash, dry and put away laundry, prepare dinner and then clean up. Clean up you own room.

IOW, Act like an adult. I guarantee that if you do, she will treat you like one.

You need to be very careful what you wish for. If you do call CPS, YOU AND YOUR BOTHER will LOSE your HOME. You would be put "into the system" and I can tell you that foster homes are much worse than what you have described. No room all to yourself. You would have to change schools to one near your foster home. You could not see your brother or your parents. You would have to go to court to testify against your parents. Close your eyes and imagine sitting in the witness chair in a courtroom and answering questions about your family.

Your parents would very likely LOSE their jobs. If they lose their jobs, they can't make the house payment so they would lose their home too. They could not buy new clothes for you. Nor could they buy all little toys you value so much.

Being an adult means taking responsibility for your actions. Nothing wrong with goofing off with your brother but what you did is tantamount to an assault. You're lucky those "old" folks didn't press charges.

THINK about what you really want out of this little war with your mother. If you want to be taken out of your home and put in a series of foster homes, if you want to lose your computer, cell phone and other toys, if you want to see your family potentially homeless ... By all means, call CPS.

I would have pulled your pants down in the middle of the restaurant and walloped your naked behind. Then I would have made you lick the ketchup off the woman's clothing AND made you work off the cost of her dry cleaning bill. When I got you home, I would have walloped you with a wooden spoon until it broke.

THIS would be abuse and I would hope a child would be taken away from a parent who did this.

Okay, I'll go with you on this, that it child abuse...

Thanks.

Because, child abusers get away with WAAAYYYY too much.

Thanks.

Because, child abusers get away with WAAAYYYY too much.

You'll notice though, I'm fine with the spanking, even the spanking multiple times....though I will say it depends on the kids...some kids you need to spank, others do better with time out...

Yelling the truth at you and punishing you is not child abuse. Allowing you to get all the way to the age of 15 and be this ignorant, illiterate, and ill-behaved is. Sadly, CPS does not normally investigate parents who raise their children to be uncivilized savages.

Quit being such a whining, sniveling brat and apologize to your mother for making an ass out of yourself and even THINKING about wasting precious governmental time and resources that exist to protect children from severe physical and mental harm just because you got your precious wittle feelings hurt. If you were my kid, you'd be sitting in an empty bedroom for six months and not leaving the house in my company until you were 18.

first of all my mom isnt a saint.MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything. its not fair you know. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby . i know what i did was wrong.she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and belong in pampers and stuff was foul you know and a bunch of lies. no one got hurt it was only ketchup. cause of her people think i need pampers on me now. she needs to chill the out.

You ACTED like you belonged in Pampers. Worse, even, because I have a 3-year-old, and HE never throws his food or costs me money in repairing the damage he does to other people's property. Your mother told you the truth, apparently for the first time in your worthless, spoiled, overprivileged life, given the way you're acting here.

Now you understand me, and you understand me well, you self-centered little snot: Social Services has very finite funding. It exists to protect children who are in imminent risk of life and physical harm. Don't you even THINK about comparing your hurt little feelings to what truly abused children experience, and don't even THINK about wasting the time and money that rightfully belongs to them on your little tantrum. Not that I don't think a little time in foster care and a group home wouldn't go a long way toward opening your eyes to what an uncivilized little waste of space you currently are. If I was your mother and Social Services turned up on MY doorstep because you called them, I'd pack your bag for you.

Forum List

Back