Is this belief common among "conservatives"?

Are their any fiscal conservatives in America anymore?

They rightly decry the debt but then insist on tax cuts that can not be sustained if the debt is going to be addressed.

Ironically, all the fiscal conservatives are on the other side of the pond, the UK.

That is conservatism with bite.

Are their any fiscal conservatives in America anymore?

They rightly decry the debt but then insist on tax cuts that can not be sustained if the debt is going to be addressed.

Ironically, all the fiscal conservatives are on the other side of the pond, the UK.

That is conservatism with bite.

ron paul

You do realize that Kwaanza is the Black equivalent of White Power/White Supermacist Day don't you?
:confused:

Never heard that before.

The description of Kwaanza sounds a lot like Chanakah.

It's a made up holiday, it has nothing to do with anything. No great event happened at that time for them to be celebrating.

I thought Chanakah (sp) was a dedication of some temple or something back in the really old days of Jerusalem? At any rate it has a basis in history.

You do realize that Kwaanza is the Black equivalent of White Power/White Supermacist Day don't you?
:confused:

Wrong. Kwanzaa :

/ˈkwɑnzə/ Show Spelled[kwahn-zuh] Show IPA
–noun, plural -zaas.
a harvest festival celebrated from Dec. 26th until Jan. 1st in some African-American communities.

Kwanzaa | Define Kwanzaa at Dictionary.com

Sorry Gunny, it's a made up holiday that was a radical black leader's response to the white holiday of Christmas.....

History and etymology

Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first specifically African American holiday.[2] Karenga said his goal was to "give Blacks an alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."[3] The name Kwanzaa derives from the Swahili phrase matunda ya kwanza, meaning first fruits of the harvest.[4] The choice of Swahili, an East African language, reflects its status as a symbol of Pan-Africanism, especially in the 1960s.

Kwanzaa is a celebration that has its roots in the black nationalist movement of the 1960s, and was established as a means to help African Americans reconnect with their African cultural and historical heritage by uniting in meditation and study of African traditions and Nguzu Saba, the "seven principles of blackness" which Karenga said "is a communitarian African philosophy".

Nope, it was started originally as a protest holiday against the whites.

Never heard that before.

The description of Kwaanza sounds a lot like Chanakah.

It's a made up holiday, it has nothing to do with anything. No great event happened at that time for them to be celebrating.

I thought Chanakah (sp) was a dedication of some temple or something back in the really old days of Jerusalem? At any rate it has a basis in history.

I've had a few Jewish friends, and a person that clebrated kwaanza explain the basics of the holidays.

Chanakah came from a time when they only had enough lamp oil for a day, but the oil lasted 7. That's why it's refered to as the "Festival of lights" (I think). and thus the Minorah (-1sp) has 7 candles.

Kwaanzah drops the miracle part, and many even copy Chanakah to the point of lighting candles

Honeslty I think it's some jackasses way of avoiding Santa. B/c I can't think of any reason to copy a Jewish holiday and just change the name.

Forum List

Back