Is this an Iranian thing, or an Islam thing?...

Here is something related to your post Half Loon

Skip ahead to 0.22 for my reaction to your post..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDbGqJ2KYk]YouTube - Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) THE ORIGINAL[/ame]

Last edited:
I suppose video of a rape victim being sentenced to execution for homosexuality is not proper evidence of the IRI executing homosexual rape victims in your world... in mine it is

I could also ask my dad, who was an officer in the Islamic republic to give you some of his personal anecdotes

I suppose video of a rape victim being sentenced to execution for homosexuality is not proper evidence of the IRI executing homosexual rape victims in your world... in mine it is

I could also ask my dad, who was an officer in the Islamic republic to give you some of his personal anecdotes
We need to leave the country of Iran to the Iranians.

They have their OWN laws and culture.

If they want to make homosexuality illegal and execute criminals convicted of that crime.

That is fine with me :cool:

They will also execute victims of homosexual rape.
Evidence please

Thank you

it won't let me post the link to a youtube video because I haven't collected 15 points (?)

so sorry, but you'll have to go manually:

go to youtube, search "khalkhali The true face of the Islamic Republic of Iran"

go to about 4:30

No problem dude..........I picked it up for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TenzDTZ0oOY]YouTube - Iran: A Revolution Betrayed | The True Face of The Islamic Republic[/ame]

So what's the problem?

Both men admitted that they broke the law and were guilty.

They were then sentenced by an Iranian court of law and executed as criminals.

Case closed.

The actions of the so-called Islamic Republic of Iran are hardly reflective of Qur'anic Islam.

If they want to make homosexuality illegal and execute criminals convicted of that crime.

I have not come accross ONE single Iranian who believes in the death sentence for homosexuals. NONE. I'm 100% Iranian, have met thousands of Iranians both muslim or non-muslim, from all regions of Iran, from all levels of society. Gay marriages happened in Iran during the reign of the Shah.

The story is very simple... people revolted against a corrupt dicatorship but Khomeini used the Iraq war to usurp the government to institute laws which the people clearly oppose. When the people ask for the laws to be changed, well, they are beaten up and/or incarcerated.

That's not to mention the reality that even if 99% of people supported the execution of homosexuals (which they absolutely do not), it is still a violation of basic human rights

The actions of the so-called Islamic Republic of Iran are hardly reflective of Qur'anic Islam.

Fair enough, nonetheless they claim it does and use it as the normative power behind their actions... I'm against theocracy, not Islam

The Iranian government confirmed Tuesday that a man was executed by stoning last week for committing adultery,
The proper Islamic punishment for adultery isn't stoning, it's flogging. Adultery should not be treated as a capital offense.

The adulteress and the adulterer, flog each of them (with) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you from obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement. - 24:2​

and said that 20 more men would be executed in the coming days on morality violations.

A judiciary spokesman, Alireza Jamshidi, told reporters on Tuesday that a death sentence by stoning had been carried out last week near the city of Takestan, west of Tehran, despite an order by the chief of the judiciary, Ayatollah Mahmoud Shahroudi, not to permit such executions.
Stoning as a punishment has no Qur'anic basis. It's only referred to in the Qur'an as a form of oppression that was used to threaten Muslims and prophets.

"The verdict was final, and so it was carried out for the man but not for the woman," the ISNA news agency quoted Jamshidi as saying.
Both the adulteress and the adulterer should be flogged 100 times.

He said the 20 additional executions were for such things as "rape, insulting religious sanctities and laws, and homosexuality." Most executions in Iran are hangings, often in public and at the scenes of the alleged crimes.
Death is a positively inappropriate punishment for "insulting religious sanctities and laws" as well as homosexuality.

Well... you've posted another failure of a thread, malcuntent.

Gay marriages happened in Iran during the reign of the Shah.
The Shah was a puppet dictator who was forced over the Iranian people by Western governments.

He was both brutal and immoral and hated by the people.

True, the execution of homosexuals is cultural and not Islamic.

That being said: It is up to the people in Iran to make or disguard laws.

Right now homosexuality is illegal in Iran and the people who engage in it are breaking the law and are criminals.

Last edited:

Fair enough, nonetheless they claim it does and use it as the normative power behind their actions... I'm against theocracy, not Islam
Islam is being used wrongfully as a political tool by a multitude of states and organizations. Iran, unfortunately, is not alone.

The Shah was a puppet dictator who was forced over the Iranian people by Western governments.

Right now homosexuality is illegal in Iran and the people who engage in it are breaking the law and are criminals.

That may be so, but under the shah the people had FAR more freedom. Nor was he a total puppet, as he refused to sign an oil deal with the British in 1977 and consistently refused to cooperate with the Americans before being deposed. Which is why so much optimism took place during the revolution by Carter and the Brits.

Again, the people do not want homosexuality criminalized... The people do NOT want an islamic government. It is true that legally, a sovereign power can set its own laws. However that does not make those laws morally acceptable.

Furthermore, the criminalization of homosexuality is not a cultural aspect of Iranian society. If it had been, its legalization would have been opposed to under the Shah, which it was not. The opposition to the Shah was merely rooted on economic factors as well as a fear of colonialism by the West.

Islam is being used wrongfully as a political tool by a multitude of states and organizations. Iran, unfortunately, is not alone.

This is very true... Nor was Christianity properly represented by the many Christian theocracies. This is because theocracies are dictatorships, and dictatorships are willing to do anything to frighten people into submission.

That may be so, but under the shah the people had FAR more freedom. Nor was he a total puppet, as he refused to sign an oil deal with the British in 1977 and consistently refused to cooperate with the Americans before being deposed. Which is why so much optimism took place during the revolution by Carter and the Brits.

Again, the people do not want homosexuality criminalized... The people do NOT want an islamic government. It is true that legally, a sovereign power can set its own laws. However that does not make those laws morally acceptable.

Furthermore, the criminalization of homosexuality is not a cultural aspect of Iranian society. If it had been, its legalization would have been opposed to under the Shah, which it was not. The opposition to the Shah was merely rooted on economic factors as well as a fear of colonialism by the West.
Are you gay?

Because you sure seem to champion the homo agenda.

The opposition to the Shah was NOT just economic as you say.

They hated him and his immoral and brutal policys. Remember the SAVAK ?

I remember in the 1970's when ever I drove by the University of Texas in Austin.

There were hundreds of Iranian students marching and protesting everyday against the Shah and calling for his overthrow.

I knew a couple of the Iranian students and they HATED the Shah and wanted him dead.

When he fled Iran. Millions of Iranians poured into the streets and cheered for days.

So don't tell me what a great guy he was.

Last edited:

Are you gay?

Because you sure seem to champion the homo agenda.

The opposition to the Shah was NOT just economic as you say.

They hated him and his immoral and brutal policys. Remember the SAVAK ?

I remember in the 1970's when ever I drove by the University of Texas in Austin.

There were hundreds of Iranian students marching and protesting everyday against the Shah and calling for his overthrow.

I knew a couple of the Iranian students and they HATED the Shah and wanted him dead.

When he fled Iran. Millions of Iranians poured into the streets and cheered for days.

So don't tell me what a great guy he was.

I'm not gay, but my roomate and best friend is... though it wouldn't matter to me, or my parents, if I were. I champion the homo cause and I'm very proud of that... I also champion the cause for women's rights and rape victims. And no, I'm not a woman or a rape victim either.

The Shah was not supported because of his ties with the US and foreign powers during a time when Western intervention in Indochina and Latin America had darkened its image... Savak certainly existed, and it certainly committed attrocities. Mine was never a pro-shah commentary. I don't know where you got that. But you simply tried to change the subject by bringing up his ruthlessness, and I had to remind you that he was not a fraction of the dictator the Mullahs were.

It was not at all immorality that led to his downfall, but his elimination of civil society during a time when he had consolidated power through high oil prices. When the revolution took hold, and it was inevitable (the Iranian people had fought for democracy for over 7 decades at the time and had gained it once in 1951), there was NO civil society. Which meant there was no organized opposition to the Shah. The only organized institution in Iran outside of the government was the Clergy, and at its head was Khomeini.

The revolution was undertaken by a collection of Westernizers, communists, anarchists, etc., but the only organization that could lead them was the religious establishment. The Baazaris put their support behind Khomeini and that was it.

The vast majority of Iranians are secular, but certainly a noticealbe chunk (such as those in South Tehran) are genuinely fundamentalist. But only a minority. Iran is not a religious country, and studies have shown that out of all middle eastern countries (Turkey excluded) they are the only ones that do not support a theocratic government.

What Iranians are, however, is deeply nationalistic and ethnocentric. They resented the Shah since the coup of 1953 and were happy to see him go. But had they known what was going to happen, they would've thought again.

I live in a community of 30,000 Iranian-Canadians many of whom supported the revolution. Some of them have connections with Hezbollah... yet there is not a single mosque in this city and it's rare to see anyone covering their hair in public.

The Iranian government confirmed Tuesday that a man was executed by stoning last week for committing adultery,
The proper Islamic punishment for adultery isn't stoning, it's flogging. Adultery should not be treated as a capital offense.

The adulteress and the adulterer, flog each of them (with) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you from obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement. - 24:2​

and said that 20 more men would be executed in the coming days on morality violations.

A judiciary spokesman, Alireza Jamshidi, told reporters on Tuesday that a death sentence by stoning had been carried out last week near the city of Takestan, west of Tehran, despite an order by the chief of the judiciary, Ayatollah Mahmoud Shahroudi, not to permit such executions.
Stoning as a punishment has no Qur'anic basis. It's only referred to in the Qur'an as a form of oppression that was used to threaten Muslims and prophets.

Both the adulteress and the adulterer should be flogged 100 times.

He said the 20 additional executions were for such things as "rape, insulting religious sanctities and laws, and homosexuality." Most executions in Iran are hangings, often in public and at the scenes of the alleged crimes.
Death is a positively inappropriate punishment for "insulting religious sanctities and laws" as well as homosexuality.

Well... you've posted another failure of a thread, malcuntent.

All of that's Fine, Assuming you are Correct for the Sake of Argument, but Islamic Countries, with Islamic Laws, are doing EXACTLY what I have Illustrated...

I don't have to Debate the Quran to Know what Islamic Countries are doing in Practice.

Try again.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back