Is this an Iranian thing, or an Islam thing?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
The International Herald Tribune reported:

The Iranian government confirmed Tuesday that a man was executed by stoning last week for committing adultery, and said that 20 more men would be executed in the coming days on morality violations.

A judiciary spokesman, Alireza Jamshidi, told reporters on Tuesday that a death sentence by stoning had been carried out last week near the city of Takestan, west of Tehran, despite an order by the chief of the judiciary, Ayatollah Mahmoud Shahroudi, not to permit such executions.

"The verdict was final, and so it was carried out for the man but not for the woman," the ISNA news agency quoted Jamshidi as saying.

He said the 20 additional executions were for such things as "rape, insulting religious sanctities and laws, and homosexuality." Most executions in Iran are hangings, often in public and at the scenes of the alleged crimes.

The police arrested about 1,000 people in May during a so-called morality crackdown. Jamshidi said 15 more men were being tried on similar charges and could receive death sentences.

---

Well?...

:)

peace...

Those are things the Right Wing conservatives want to do here. They said the reason 9/11 happened was because God lifted his "veil of protection" because we allow the existence of gays and feminists. Since gays and feminists are the "cause" of 9/11, what should happen to them for being the reason behind such a terrible thing? Go ahead; think it through to the logical conclusion.

Now, take a look at Texas. A "magical creationist" has been made head of the "Board of Education" and this upcoming school year, it will be mandatory in public schools to study the Bible. This is no joke. It's a court case waiting to happen.

Now, explain to me how the right, if they got their way, would be different than the government of Iran? Mysticism in Public Schools in place of science. Forced religious morality. Laws based on supernatural text. What am I describing, the GOP Platform or the government of Iran?

Those are things the Right Wing conservatives want to do here.

Document ANY US Government Official or Elected Person, or any Christian Leader outside of Fred Phelps and his Inbred Family Illustrating what you just said.

By the way, "God Hates Fags" is not the same as Executing Homosexuals.

Does Fred Advocate for that?...

If so, then he and his should go to Iran.

peace...

Document ANY US Government Official or Elected Person, or any Christian Leader outside of Fred Phelps and his Inbred Family Illustrating what you just said.

peace...

You mean besides Rick Santorum or Michele Bachman or people like that? You don't see an "implied" threat in "you are going to hell" or "you have sex with dogs"? Dehumanizing is the first step. Ask Hitler. When Fred Phelps waves his signs at the funerals of American soldiers killed overseas or Pat Robertson complains that gays are the "cause" of 9/11 and Katrina and the problem should be "solved" and Supreme Court Justice believes that being gay should be a "criminal offense" based on the Bible, what do you think they are talking about when they say "fix the problem"? Buy gays one way tickets to Jamaica? Get real.

Besides to judge people because of a made up deity from a Middle Eastern desert people based on a book written by people who didn't know to wash after wiping is insane. It's absolutely crazy. Could people possibly be any more credulous? No wonder so many Republicans and even some Democrats believe the sun travels around the earth.

peace...

You mean besides Rick Santorum or Michele Bachman or people like that? You don't see an "implied" threat in "you are going to hell" or "you have sex with dogs"? Dehumanizing is the first step. Ask Hitler. When Fred Phelps waves his signs at the funerals of American soldiers killed overseas or Pat Robertson complains that gays are the "cause" of 9/11 and Katrina and the problem should be "solved" and Supreme Court Justice believes that being gay should be a "criminal offense" based on the Bible, what do you think they are talking about when they say "fix the problem"? Buy gays one way tickets to Jamaica? Get real.

Besides to judge people because of a made up deity from a Middle Eastern desert people based on a book written by people who didn't know to wash after wiping is insane. It's absolutely crazy. Could people possibly be any more credulous? No wonder so many Republicans and even some Democrats believe the sun travels around the earth.

So then you don't have an Example of American Christians calling for the Legal Execution of Homosexuals for Homosexuality...

In that, you have NO Analogy regarding Iran and the US, or Islam and Christianity...

Noted.

NEXT!

peace...

The Iranian government confirmed Tuesday that a man was executed by stoning last week for committing adultery, and said that 20 more men would be executed in the coming days on morality violations.

It's an OLD TESTAMENT thing that the Mohammeds got from the Isralis.

Pretty sick, isn't it?

Pretty sick, isn't it?

So the Israeli and American Governments are Executing Homosexuals for Homosexuality and Women for simply Accusations of Infidelity?...

Oh yeah, they aren't... That's an Exclusively Islamic thing in the Modern Day, ain't it.

You see, some of us have Evolved... Others remain Ignorant and Oppressed in Male Dominated Animalistic Cultures that find Modern Warring Technology mixing with 15th Century Third World Mentallity.

Thanks again for Excusing it by Attempting to Deflect for it.

You Suck on SO MANY levels, that it's Difficult to Know just where to Start.

peace...

peace...

So then you don't have an Example of American Christians calling for the Legal Execution of Homosexuals for Homosexuality...

In that, you have NO Analogy regarding Iran and the US, or Islam and Christianity...

Noted.

NEXT!

peace...

I said it's what Christians "want" to do. Reminds me of an old lady I saw once on the news. When Bush invaded Iraq, she said, "Yes but, I didn't think he would actually DO it".

When Republicans say, "We want to bring the laws more in line with the Bible", what do you think they are talking about? "Some" of the Bible? "Parts" of the Bible?

No - ALL OF THE BIBLE. What does the Bible say to do to gays?

What is it that is so hard to get? Honestly, I'm, well, pardon the word, "mystified".

Remember, Judaism, Islam and Christianity were all invented by Abraham. He didn't invent THREE religions, he invented only one. All three are WAY more similar than different. Just because we have laws to protect us from the Religious right, doesn't mean they will stop. Because they won't. What they have in Iran is what they want here.

"Jesus, protect us from your followers".

Pretty sick, isn't it?

So the Israeli and American Governments are Executing Homosexuals for Homosexuality and Women for simply Accusations of Infidelity?...

Now, did I say that?

No.

Oh yeah, they aren't... That's an Exclusively Islamic thing in the Modern Day, ain't it.

Yes it is. And upon whose laws do these stonings take place? Here's a clue, Islam is a extention of ancient Hebraic laws found in the OLD TESTAMENT, kid.

You see, some of us have Evolved...

Some of our religions and societies have evolved, to be sure.

Others remain Ignorant and Oppressed in Male Dominated Animalistic Cultures that find Modern Warring Technology mixing with 15th Century Third World Mentallity.

True enough

Thanks again for Excusing it by Attempting to Deflect for it.

Truth is no deflection, lad.

You can start on the level where I must suck because I so obviously think more deeply about these issues than you do.

Don't blame me, kid.

Perhaps you should blame God for making me, me, and you you.

Pretty sick, isn't it?

Now, did I say that?

No.

Yes it is. And upon whose laws do these stonings take place? Here's a clue, Islam is a extention of ancient Hebraic laws found in the OLD TESTAMENT, kid.

Some of our religions and societies have evolved, to be sure.

True enough

Truth is no deflection, lad.

You can start on the level where I must suck because I so obviously think more deeply about these issues than you do.

Don't blame me, kid.

Perhaps you should blame God for making me, me, and you you.

Modern Islam is the Problem...

We Agree... Good.

peace...

Evolution is a THEORY. Creation is a historic THEORY.
One requires you to have faith that something (undefined) happened and there was a big bang; after billions and billions of years of stuff floating in space, something happened (undefined) and life was made. Then, life found a home on this planet (how, its undefined) and we all evolved out of slime (even though, there is no evidence of species to species evolution).
The other, requires that you have faith that an awesome intelligence used foresight and knowledge to plan the universe and life on this planet, the variety of lifeforms made individually, and in some cases evolving for specific areas or through selective breeding.
There is nothing about using a sword, machete or knife to threaten student to convert. It is two theories presented side by side, allowing the student to choose.
In fact, that is what is truly great about Christianity: you, the individual must choose if you want to accept Yeshua as your savior. There are persuasive arguements, but there is no one forcing you to join the religion. The treatment of non-believers is the same treatment as for all humans, there should be no difference in the basic way a believer and non-believer is treated: your word to a non-believer is the same as your word to a believer (this is unlike islam and other religions).
Can you tell me how many videos you can find on the internet that show four Christians holding a bound man, while a fifth Christian saws his head off, while they all chant to G*d?
Can you count the number of Islamic acts of terror?
Yes, Virginia there is a difference between Christianity and Islam.

One requires you to have faith that something (undefined) happened and there was a big bang; after billions and billions of years of stuff floating in space, something happened (undefined) and life was made. Then, life found a home on this planet (how, its undefined) and we all evolved out of slime (even though, there is no evidence of species to species evolution).
The other, requires that you have faith that an awesome intelligence used foresight and knowledge to plan the universe and life on this planet, the variety of lifeforms made individually, and in some cases evolving for specific areas or through selective breeding.
There is nothing about using a sword, machete or knife to threaten student to convert. It is two theories presented side by side, allowing the student to choose.
In fact, that is what is truly great about Christianity: you, the individual must choose if you want to accept Yeshua as your savior. There are persuasive arguements, but there is no one forcing you to join the religion. The treatment of non-believers is the same treatment as for all humans, there should be no difference in the basic way a believer and non-believer is treated: your word to a non-believer is the same as your word to a believer (this is unlike islam and other religions).
Can you tell me how many videos you can find on the internet that show four Christians holding a bound man, while a fifth Christian saws his head off, while they all chant to G*d?

Stop using Logic to Illustrate (2) Theories...

A Liberal's Head may Experience a "Big Bang" if you Continue! :clap2:

peace...

Yes, but not much....only in age (thereby maturity).

Forum List

Back