Is this all there is???

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
I had to read halfway thru the 2nd article on Obama's "campaign opener" before spotting this.

While his stump speech did copy some pages from past playbooks, one aspect of most presidential re-election pitches was absent from the president’s opening salvo: the introduction of a clear second-term agenda.

Instead, the president’s stump speech was all about protecting his first-term achievements like the health care reform law and developing alternative energy sources. And while, historically, second terms are mostly about preserving such accomplishments, there is usually at least a vague nod to what the president wants to get done in a second term.

But that was missing in Saturday’s speeches. Perhaps by the convention, the president will have a more direct pitch about what another four years will look like.

First Read - Analysis: Obama re-election launch seeks to define stakes of campaign

Why am I not surprised? FORWARD!

Why am I not surprised how much of his speech was simply an attack on Romney? FORWARD!

Why am I not surprised to read that in OH the hall was not filledl? FORWARD!

My own "analysis?"

That ain't the way to win elections, son.

I had to read halfway thru the 2nd article on Obama's "campaign opener" before spotting this.

While his stump speech did copy some pages from past playbooks, one aspect of most presidential re-election pitches was absent from the president’s opening salvo: the introduction of a clear second-term agenda.

Instead, the president’s stump speech was all about protecting his first-term achievements like the health care reform law and developing alternative energy sources. And while, historically, second terms are mostly about preserving such accomplishments, there is usually at least a vague nod to what the president wants to get done in a second term.

But that was missing in Saturday’s speeches. Perhaps by the convention, the president will have a more direct pitch about what another four years will look like.

First Read - Analysis: Obama re-election launch seeks to define stakes of campaign

Why am I not surprised how much of his speech was simply an attack on Romney? FORWARD!

My own "analysis?"

Kinda difficult to boast on your achievements when they're of such a dubious nature.

Noun, verb, Bin Laden dead.....

Prepare for a total scorched Earth campaign...It's pretty much all he has.

My own "analysis?"

Kinda difficult to boast on your achievements when they're of such a dubious nature.

Noun, verb, Bin Laden dead.....

Prepare for a total scorched Earth campaign...It's pretty much all he has.

Government Motors Alive...bin Laden Dead...
FOWARD!

American Troops languish in Afghanistan without support or encouragement and Barry Hussein blames Bush and says he is going to "move America forward" with higher taxes and a thousand IRS agents to enforce a 3,000 page law that nobody seems to want or understand. You can use the Chevy Volt as a symbol of Obama moving "forward". You get about 35 miles at 30 miles an hour.

Watch and listen to the crowd when you catch Obama at a campaign event.

How enthusiastic do they appear? How many pregnant pauses before the audience realizes they're supposed to be clapping? How often do you hear that applause?

There's a big diff between now and then.

American Troops languish in Afghanistan without support or encouragement and Barry Hussein blames Bush and says he is going to "move America forward" with higher taxes and a thousand IRS agents to enforce a 3,000 page law that nobody seems to want or understand. You can use the Chevy Volt as a symbol of Obama moving "forward". You get about 35 miles at 30 miles an hour.

What was the ONE WORD missing in Obama's gratuitous trip to ASTAN the other week when he was addressing the troops?

VICTORY.

O - Uh, uh, uh, the economy is Bush's fault.

O - Uhhhhh, the Republicans want to take away your job, healthcare, student loans, food, clean air and clean water. (whisper to his teleprompter....did I miss anything)

Mr Teleprompter - (whisper to O.....No, you are the greatest of all time)

O - No, you are the greatest of all time.

And the UE in '04 was...............?

And the state of the economy in '04 was.............?

:)

We were turning the corner and on our way to record prosperity:

December 2007 Marks Record 52nd Consecutive Month Of Job Growth.
Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent.'

http://www.allbusiness.com/economy-economic-indi cators/economic-indicators/5848024-1.html

Then came Pelosi.

Even Democrats are running from him

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pTykLEl4F4]Mike McIntyre Literally Runs Away When Asked About Obama - YouTube[/ame]

My son is one of those languishing without support or encouragement. I hope he makes it home safely...

Forum List

Back