Is this alcoholic or not?

Sounds like he is an alcoholic Lucy.... a functioning alcoholic...because he still does his work well....

Do you have any other people that you know that likes him as you do, that could help with talking with him, like an Intervention? Is his brother an alcoholic too? Can you speak with his brother?

Maybe you could find out what makes him so sad to drink his worries away every night? And try to help him that way...? Which could lead to less drinking for him if he just identifies his sorrow, or misery, or what ever it may be??

I dunno.... :dunno:

I think he is alcoholic. His brother owns a hotel and that is all I know about his brother I do not know what his drinking situation is.

My maintenance man has a massive debt that his wife ran up, she now is not working because she's on Anti-Anxiety pills and everything because of guilt or whatever because of running up the debt. I have previous given them money to help pay the debt then he has told me his wife instead spend that money on a shopping spree, so even though I could I have not offered to financially help them anymore because his wife cannot be trusted to control herself.
Just a point of note, you gave him the money and somehow it magically ended up in the wife's pocket.

Yes, also his wife is sometimes semi suicidal, he has said that she has said he would be better if she was dead. Mr. Lucy was even thinking of approaching her to offer her to visit his Consulting Room so she could talk to him as a patient.
It can't hurt. In any event, you will have tried and can have a "clean" conscience.

Well he has not communicated at all with me today since this morning, this because this morning he texted and I said I had been out getting something for Kid E and then he text me and say that as I was out I could have got him some booze because I know he has no booze in and so he is now sulking or whatever because I did not get him booze for today.

His daughter aged 17 years in age wants an auto, but he cannot get her one because of this debt he has to pay off so a few weeks ago he asked me could I give his daughter the money to get the auto and she could pay me back x amount each month and I said I could not do that right now. I could give her the money but the actual reason I do not want to is because now I do not trust that the money is for the daughter, all I know it could be used not even to pay off the debt but it could end with his wife blowing that money on a shopping spree.

He is excellent at doing maintenance for me but I don't know, this is very complicated now with his needing booze and his fucked up wife.
You are wise to be cautious. It sounds like he's sucking you in. If you want to do the car, put it in your name and she "rents with option to buy" from you. Plus she pays the insurance and taxes upfront. "Daddy" might just take it to a chop shop.

Forum List

Back