Is this Ad racist? Stupid? Effective?

Your failing memory is not my issue.

Your claim without supporting evidence is not convincing.

True. I therefore welcome you to continue your failure of recollection.

So what we have is you implying racism based upon your opinion. me providing a similar ad that no one bitched about. You insisting that people DID bitch about it even though you can't provide any evidence of that, me asking you to provide evidence, you insisting that your word is enough, me refusing to accept your word as legitimate defense of your position, and you insisting that your word should be acceptable.

So far you have given a shitload of opinions but you haven't provided any supporting evidence whatsoever. i guess i can concede that YOU might think it's racist (although I might strongly question your motives why you feel that way) where I have provided an example of something similar that was aired and challenged you to show me that it received the same negative attention which you obviously can't...your word is apparently gospel.

I think there's a word for people who argue with your level of acumen....it's on the tip of my tongue. It's a British word...what is it again? Oh yes......wanker.

Your claim without supporting evidence is not convincing.

So what we have is you implying racism based upon your opinion. me providing a similar ad that no one bitched about. .

NO, we have me eliciting opinions (you know, to have a discussion?), and you failing to recall something that happened just one year ago about an ad that was deemed offensive enough for ABC, A&E, and the History Channel to refuse to run said ad. We also have you ducking questions already.

Citizens Against Government Waste delivers a powerful message. But is it racist? « Gods of Advertising

I Liked the 'Chinese Professor' Ad, but This Is Stupid and Offensive - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA]Banned US Commercial about the national debt - YouTube[/ame]

So what we have is you implying racism based upon your opinion. me providing a similar ad that no one bitched about. .

NO, we have me eliciting opinions (you know, to have a discussion?), and you failing to recall something that happened just one year ago about an ad that was deemed offensive enough for ABC, A&E, and the History Channel to refuse to run said ad. We also have you ducking questions already.

Citizens Against Government Waste delivers a powerful message. But is it racist? « Gods of Advertising

I Liked the 'Chinese Professor' Ad, but This Is Stupid and Offensive - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA]Banned US Commercial about the national debt - YouTube[/ame]

Gods of advertising dot com and the Atlantic. THE ATLANTIC for gods sake....ok...I stand corrected. Liberals whined and cried then and liberals are whining and crying now. See any common themes here?

Liberals are always offended by the truth! :lol:

That chick was hot by the way! I can imagine her and one of her friends...

nevermind!

Nevermind what? I'd hit that in a heartbeat! I LOVE LBFM's!:eusa_drool: I had a hooch girl in 'Nam, who would.......you wouldn't believe it if i told you!:D

Gods of advertising dot com and the Atlantic. THE ATLANTIC for gods sake....ok...I stand corrected. Liberals whined and cried then and liberals are whining and crying now. See any common themes here?

That was some extremely weak spin, idiot. Maybe you're just too old to spin, in which case you should focus on not being an idiotic asshole.

That was some extremely weak spin, idiot. Maybe you're just too old to spin, in which case you should focus on not being an idiotic asshole.

Sigh...very well......ABC...extremely liberal. A&E owned primarily by Hearst Corporation (massive liberal) and NBC (massive liberal). History Channel owned by Rogers Media (Canadian liberal conglomerate) and NBC (again liberal).

But CNN, CBS, etc didn't have an issue. So what we have is NBC and Hearst (read William Randolph Hearst and I am sure as a liberal you know HIM) primarily decided to make a point against Citizens United who is a conservative group.

In this particular ad liberals are flipping a bitch.

All i see here is is liberals creating controversy for political gain

Sigh...very well......ABC...extremely liberal. A&E owned primarily by Hearst Corporation (massive liberal) and NBC (massive liberal). History Channel owned by Rogers Media (Canadian liberal conglomerate) and NBC (again liberal).

But CNN, CBS, etc didn't have an issue. So what we have is NBC and Hearst (read William Randolph Hearst and I am sure as a liberal you know HIM) primarily decided to make a point against Citizens United who is a conservative group.

In this particular ad liberals are flipping a bitch.

All i see here is is liberals creating controversy for political gain

This is the spin I was talking about. Don't start adding qualifiers now that were not part of your original assertion.

This is the spin I was talking about. Don't start adding qualifiers now that were not part of your original assertion.

Look you asked for opinions on whether the ad was racist. My answer is no. I don't see any racism here. I see liberals screaming about racism, but I don't see any real evidence of it.

Look you asked for opinions on whether the ad was racist. My answer is no. I don't see any racism here. I see liberals screaming about racism, but I don't see any real evidence of it.

Ok, and that is where I asked why you think the imagery and language used in the ad was chosen. What do you think?

Forum List

Back