Is this acceptable?

Is the facebook comment acceptable?

• Total voters
I

Indofred

Some daft Israeli in Ireland posted this rubbish on facebook.

israel_in_ireland.jpg

My question: Is this sort of thing acceptable in any way, shape or form?
Personally, I believe it's seriously offensive.

and why are you looking at facebooks of people you dont know? It was not posted to you was it? The only reason you are offended.... is becasue you looked.

I would suggest you stop stalking facebook for things that offend you if you are that thin skinned....

Very recently a young man in England was forced to leave a sports bar because he looked like Jesus and caused a disruption among Christian haters. All he wanted was a beer and to watch a game.

The question should be "Is it accurate" instead of acceptable. The way it is worded requires only one's view on whether a mother and child who happen to be Jewish would come to harm in a Palestinian mob. Whether or not it is true doesn't necessarily enter into the answer.

Is it acceptable? That is a meaningless question. In what context are you asking if it is acceptable?

What you are essentially asking as far as I can tell is should this person been allowed to post such a thing. Of course. I don't care if he wanted to call Jesus a stinking piece of shit or claim he was going to wipe his ass with Allah, hearing such nonsense is part of having freedom. Being on the internet is going to expose you to this type of imbecile but that does not mean that it should be deemed 'unacceptable' and censored.

I fail to understand what you are asking about when you use the term 'unacceptable.' The above statements are FAR more insulting than the one you cited but in no way should anything be censored because it is offensive or disagreeable. No matter how wrong something may or may not be.

Very recently a young man in England was forced to leave a sports bar because he looked like Jesus and caused a disruption among Christian haters. All he wanted was a beer and to watch a game.

I sincerely doubt that that actually happened. Unless you can prove it, that is.

and why are you looking at facebooks of people you dont know? It was not posted to you was it? The only reason you are offended.... is becasue you looked.

I would suggest you stop stalking facebook for things that offend you if you are that thin skinned....

All sorts of stuff get reposted (shared) on fb, Syrenn. That little bit of trash went viral.

Where's the link? Or are you just flapping your orifice?

Is the publication of such assertions going to inspire or motivate anyone to commit acts of violence? I shouldn't think so. Also, to quote from the bible,
when the mob accosted Jesus at Gethsemane, "As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward and fell to the ground" (John 18:6)
So if it actually was Jesus, the mob wouldn't harm him.

Last edited:

israel_in_ireland.jpg

What do you want us to do? Resort to riot, murder and arson? Put out a contract on the perpetrator? Ask for their heads on a platter?

The sooner people like you realise the meaning of free speech, the better for everyone!

israel_in_ireland.jpg

I think its disrespectful, but really, who cares?

If jesus really came back a second time, Rs would tell him/her to get a hair cut, take a bath and get a job.

As for the post, who cares? He has the very same right to an opinion as you do.

Amazingly, three people (so far) have voted against free speech, that this statement on FB is not acceptable.

Would those posters mind posting what you believe should be done to the person who wrote the statement?

Thanks.

Amazingly, three people (so far) have voted against free speech, that this statement on FB is not acceptable.

Would those posters mind posting what you believe should be done to the person who wrote the statement?

Thanks.

Isn't disapproval enough? I can consider something unacceptable without expecting my opinion to be codified into law. Free speech doesn't mean there isn't equal freedom to point, to laugh, or to give the stink eye to what is communicated.

All sorts of stuff get reposted (shared) on fb, Syrenn. That little bit of trash went viral.

not sure i would call it trash....and not sure what you mean my viral on fb. I dont do fb.

Forum List

Back