Is This a Reasonable Summary of The Differences Between Liberal/Progressives and Conservatives?

federalist50

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2016
Democrats generally feel that economic outcomes in life are primarily determined by your identity and your circumstances: whether you were born male or female, black or white, rich or poor, gay or straight, etc.

Republicans tend to feel that, whatever hand you were dealt in life, your economic outcome is determined by your willingness to educate yourself, work hard and take responsibility for your life.

No those are both very arbitrary definitions. Most don't fit neatly into either category. Humans beings are complex as well as their politics.

Ever notice how those most handy with labelling are always the ones bemoaning “identity politics”?

Ever notice how those most handy with labelling are always the ones bemoaning “identity politics”?
Umm, no.
Then you must be one of them.
Guess I'm a career politician then, or maybe I'm a news reporter. I wonder when I'll start getting paid....

When you can make sense?
Apparently you were unable to follow. I'll explain.
You said, "Ever notice how those most handy with labelling are always the ones bemoaning “identity politics”?"
I said, "Umm, no."
You said, "Then you must be one of them."
I said, "Guess I'm a career politician then, or maybe I'm a news reporter. I wonder when I'll start getting paid...."
If I am "one of them" then, IMO, I must be a career politician, or a news reporter, because they are the ones I see as being the "most handy with labelling". Get it now? I suppose it's not very funny now that I've explained it, but that was my intent. Don't feel too bad though, lots of people don't get my humor; Liberals, Progressives, Career Politicians, News Reporters, Doctors, Lawyers, Welfare Queens, Gangbangers, Illegal Immigrants, Career Criminals (oops, already said that one "Career Politicians"),lots of people.

Umm, no.
Guess I'm a career politician then, or maybe I'm a news reporter. I wonder when I'll start getting paid....

When you can make sense?
You said, "Ever notice how those most handy with labelling are always the ones bemoaning “identity politics”?"
I said, "Umm, no."
I said, "Guess I'm a career politician then, or maybe I'm a news reporter. I wonder when I'll start getting paid...."
If I am "one of them" then, IMO, I must be a career politician, or a news reporter, because they are the ones I see as being the "most handy with labelling". Get it now? I suppose it's not very funny now that I've explained it, but that was my intent. Don't feel too bad though, lots of people don't get my humor; Liberals, Progressives, Career Politicians, News Reporters, Doctors, Lawyers, Welfare Queens, Gangbangers, Illegal Immigrants, Career Criminals (oops, already said that one "Career Politicians"),lots of people.

One does not require the station of career politician or news reporter to become handy with the labelling mania as you have amply demonstrated here.

When you can make sense?
I said, "Umm, no."

One does not require the station of career politician or news reporter to become handy with the labelling mania as you have amply demonstrated here.
Obviously my humor is completely lost on you. I shall cease.

Forum List

Back