• Total voters

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
2cell_embryo.jpg

Laboratory Tour

Is it a sperm, egg, or fertilized egg?

Also, is it of a human, or some other animal(can't realy tell at this stage, you know.)

I am not that good at recognizing microbiological samples. Sorry.

Nope! Why would you ask such an obviously silly question?

How about this:

vet225.jpg

Is this a person? Or this:

blue-whale-pictures_3.jpg

Or this:

images

A person looks like this:

shempbio.gif

or this:

p046_71.jpg

or this:

anastasio-somoza-1-sized.jpg

or this:

images

or, if we're lucky, this:

ann+sheridan2.jpg

Those little cells do not make a person.

• Banned

Also, is it of a human, or some other animal(can't realy tell at this stage, you know.)

It is a 2-cell embryo. That means the egg was fertilized. Then it divided once.

Human.

Last edited:

Human.

Really?...are you sure its not a chimp or some other animal? The biology is the same.

And here I've been under the impression that a person has a face, limbs, a torso, hair, skin, and a belly button! What d'ya know! Now a person can be smaller than something that can infect what I've been calling a "person"!

Maybe, just maybe, that gleam in Daddy's eyes can be called a "person" too!

• Banned

Human.

Really?...are you sure its not a chimp or some other animal? The biology is the same.

Well, I'm not totally sure. I posted under the assumption that a human fertility clinic demo would be made with human genetic material.

• Banned
And here I've been under the impression that a person has a face, limbs, a torso, hair, skin, and a belly button! What d'ya know! Now a person can be smaller than something that can infect what I've been calling a "person"!

To whom are you responding?

I posted a question with a poll attached. Then answered a question about fertilization status and species. I haven't seen anyone in this thread (nor any of the poll votes so far) calling the embryo a person. Your snark seems premature.

Human.

Well, I'm not totally sure. I posted under the assumption that a human fertility clinic demo would be made with human genetic material.

And fertilizing eggs of of other animals is the exact method. Same exact pictures..... you cant tell a pig from a human for several weeks.

however..assuming it is a human egg and human sperm.... what you have is a fertilized human egg.... it is not a fetus....it is not a baby...and it surely is not a person.

even by KG standards it is not..... lmao... no beating heart of its own. It is only a mass of cells

A person is more, other than the constituent parts. That is why a body with a tiny hole through the head, though still 99.999 percent physically what it takes to make a human, is no longer a person.
A person is conscious, knows she/he is alive, perceives the universe. A person makes decisions, decisions don't make a person.

I posted a question with a poll attached. Then answered a question about fertilization status and species. I haven't seen anyone in this thread (nor any of the poll votes so far) calling the embryo a person. Your snark seems premature.
The title of the thread suggested my response.

The title of the thread suggested my response.

That would make sense if the title implied that the embryo was a person. I maintain that your snark is premature. It would make more sense to wait until someone who believes the embryo is a person shows up.

how about these?

clip_image002.jpg

Well, I'll guess the species is not human for these photos.

Looks just like your pic....goes though the exact same cellular process... same names. yes?

Say hello to a sheep..... is a sheep a person?

Ramsem Embryo Transfers Local

Well, of course a sheep embryo is not a person. My cats are people, but they're not embryonic and that's a different subject.

" My cats are people, but they're not embryonic and that's a different subject."

Clearly, we have a divergence of definition. Cats people?

If its the fertizlized embryo of a human - then I'd be willing say yes. It is a human being in its earliest stages of development. It is different from a sperm or egg because, if everything goes as planned with it - it will continue to develop and divide and grow into a fetus, a newborn, an infant, a toddler, a child, an adolescent, a teen, a young adult, an adult, a senior, and so on until death. A sperm alone will not do this...neither will an egg. However from the moment of conception a process has begun...a timeline of development, if you will...that will continue for the entire life of that human being.

Forum List

Back