Is this a new development??

jillian said:
Why thank you. Just didn't seem pertinent before but I kind of felt like if I didn't respond to WJ in kind it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

My practice was about 1/3 matrimonial, 1/3 transactional real estate and 1/3 intellectual property litigation (cause I got very, very lucky and picked up some pretty interesting clients).

What types of cases does your wife hear?
She’s Private Practice 90% Bankruptcy and 10%(max)Social Security..
She's a local Magistrate Judge, so no criminal cases, that all goes up to State, but pretty much everything else.

Mr. P said:
She’s Private Practice 90% Bankruptcy and 10%(max)Social Security..
She's a local Magistrate Judge, so no criminal cases, that all goes up to State, but pretty much everything else.

Excellent! She must love doing that. And good on ya for choosing such an accomplished woman!

jillian said:
Excellent! She must love doing that.
She did until the new BK law went into effect last October..It has Lawyers bailing left an right. Some of the new rules are totally insane.

She does like the Judge stuff, cept for 2 a.m. calls for warrants.:laugh:

Mr. P said:
She did until the new BK law went into effect last October..It has Lawyers bailing left an right. Some of the new rules are totally insane.

She does like the Judge stuff, cept for 2 a.m. calls for warrants.:laugh:

The new law is a nightmare. Makes lawyers swear to their clients' finances (as if we could go into their homes and look for accounts they don't tell us about). But then again, that's what it was intended to do. Oh well.

LOL re 2 a.m. warrants. Ick!

ScreamingEagle said:
You are a bit naive if you think attorneys don't "go after" clients. Here's an example--read this open letter to the Mac Community by a guy who was pursued by two groups of attorneys in the iPod Nano "Scratch" Class Action Suit.
http://jasontomczak.com/

Jillians' not naive, she's a liar.

Forum List

Back