Is this a good thing?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Mirant, RRI Energy combining in $1.61B deal

Apr 11, 6:55 PM (ET)

By HARRY R. WEBER

ATLANTA (AP) - Energy providers Mirant Corp. and RRI Energy Inc. said Sunday they are combining in a $1.61 billion stock-swap deal, renaming the company and creating a utility powerhouse that will become one of the nation's largest independent power producers.

The combined company, which will have a market capitalization of about $3.1 billion, will be called GenOn Energy. It will bring together roughly 24,650 megawatts of electric generating capacity, operations from coast to coast and have total revenue of $4.13 billion, based on full-year 2009 figures.

GenOn will be led by Mirant Chairman and CEO Edward R. Muller until 2013, when he will retire and the top post will be taken by Mark M. Jacobs, RRI Energy's current president and CEO. Jacobs will serve as GenOn's president, chief operating officer and a director until that time.

There likely will be job cuts among the two companies' 3,600 employees, but how many has not been decided

My Way News - Mirant, RRI Energy combining in $1.61B deal

When companies like this copulate it is like an Arkansas wedding.

Never a good idea.

Not sure I understand the question.

Are you at all familiar with how reality works outside of the federal government?

Forum List

Back