Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement

• Total voters

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" in and of itself a racist statement.

I say yes.

Nik says no.

What do you say?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" in and of itself a racist statement.

I say yes.

Nik says no.

What do you say?
I don't know. If society determined that "******" was a term that denigrated people for how they acted but not for their skin color (like the word "redneck" for instance) then I could see that it wouldn't be a racist statement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik]YouTube - Chris Rock - Black People vs. *******[/ame]

if it's only racist if white people say it is not racist at all

Indeed. Chris Rock can base an entire comedy segment about it and it's hailed as insightful; yet if a white person makes the exact same observation...

Indeed. Chris Rock can base an entire comedy segment about it and it's hailed as insightful; yet if a white person makes the exact same observation...

Why even go through the trouble of making the observation?

Just let Chris Rock speak for you.

When the issue comes up, just say "I agree with Chris Rock" and be done with it.

I don't believe any white person, latino or asian could make that statement without being labeled a racist.

Last edited:

Why even go through the trouble of making the observation?

Just let Chris Rock speak for you.

When the issue comes up, just say "I agree with Chris Rock" and be done with it.

Why? does my skin color invalidate my observations on sensitive issues? do you go around and say "i agree with n candidate" during an election year? Tell me, what else are white people too white to speak about? And, when you are done answering that go ahead and tell me what BLACKS ARE TOO BLACK TO OPINE ABOUT.

I don't believe any white person, latino or asian could make that statement without being labeled a racist.

What...that they agree with Chris Rock?

Nah! Chris very clearly lays out the difference between black people and *******.

I suppose a nicer word to use, that everyone can use, would be gangstas or gangbangers. Because that is to whom he is clearly referring.

In fact, gangstas and gangbangers would be a better, all encompassing word to describe all races of people (black, white, Hispanic, asian) who lead a urban street life tending towards violence and crime.

Last edited:
Your social position as the majority race, if you're a white person, and because of the history of race relations in this country means that if you say the word "******" and you're white, you're saying something racist.

The statement in the OP is racist unless you're black.

Nah! Chris very clearly lays out the difference between black people and *******.

I suppose a nicer word to use, that everyone can use, would be gangstas or gangbangers. Because that is to whom he is clearly referring.

In fact, gangstas and gangbangers would be a better, all encompassing word to describe all races of people (black, white, Hispanic, asian) who lead a urban street life tending towards violence and crime.

I agree that is you substituted gangstas, it would not be racist.

But when a white person says "There are blacks and then there are *******" what I here is "Black that have assimilated white culture are okay, but the rest..."

I mean, what is racism other than hate based solely on being different.

Last edited:

I say yes.

Nik says no.

What do you say?

Honestly I dunno but anyone using that word automatically sounds hateful.

The history of the N word is that it is used to convey negative feelings towards people of african decent based on their race. So i guess its racist.

Ding, ding, ding! Exactly my point about the word redneck. Rednecks and gangstas are equally insulting terms but not racist.

Your social position as the majority race, if you're a white person, and because of the history of race relations in this country means that if you say the word "******" and you're white, you're saying something racist.

The statement in the OP is racist unless you're black.

Good point...

I guess I will have to change my vote in the poll.

It doesn't really matter much anyway since I refrain from using that word.

Ding, ding, ding! Exactly my point about the word redneck. Rednecks and gangstas are equally insulting terms but not racist.

:lol: link to gangsta being an insulting term :lol:

Doesn't matter who said it. It's racist. I'm sure there are many black people who are offended when other blacks use the word "******".

One thing I can't understand is why the word "Negro" became politically incorrect to use. It is the proper term to describe the race.

Forum List

Back