Is there such a thing as a lie?

• Banned
Theres one opinion , based pretty much on hate and very pathetic but it is an opinion though.

• Banned
Lie Definition | Definition of Lie at Dictionary.com

lie -

lie1  /laɪ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy] Show IPA noun, verb, lied, ly⋅ing.
Use lie in a Sentence
See web results for lie
See images of lie
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.
4. the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

–verb (used without object) 5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
6. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

–verb (used with object) 7. to bring about or affect by lying (often used reflexively): to lie oneself out of a difficulty; accustomed to lying his way out of difficulties.

—Idioms8. give the lie to, a. to accuse of lying; contradict.
b. to prove or imply the falsity of; belie: His poor work gives the lie to his claims of experience.

9. lie in one's throat or teeth, to lie grossly or maliciously: If she told you exactly the opposite of what she told me, she must be lying in her teeth. Also, lie through one's teeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
bef. 900; (n.) ME; OE lyge; c. G Lüge, ON lygi; akin to Goth liugn; (v.) ME lien, OE lēogan (intransit.); c. G lügen, ON ljūga, Goth liugan

Synonyms:
1. prevarication, falsification. See falsehood. 5. prevaricate, fib.

Antonyms:
1. truth.

Last edited:
Theres one opinion , based pretty much on hate and very pathetic but it is an opinion though.

why would i hate you? you're just another lying asshole on the interwebs.

i've got better things to waste energy on than caring about you one way or the other, but you are without question one of the most dishonest, lying, shitweasels here. and then some.

revel in it; you've earned it.

:thup:

Theres a couple of definitions.

I was hoping all side could agree on what a lie was but it seems our country is in even bigger trouble than I thought.

We have an entire group of people who do not know what a lie is.

Is this statement a lie or truth?

Pointing out a lie someone told means you wish them dead.

This is testiment to why our country is such a mess.

No real facts can escape the vortex which is the partisan hackery of the right.

There is no such thing a lie if you like what it infers for your political preferance.

A lie about people you dont agree with is truth to some.

No wonder there were no R votes to be found in the congress

Forum List

Back