Is there some rule about gay subjects here?

The threads are closed. Nobody can reply to them anymore so the discussions we had going stopped. By whatever moderator decided they didn't like the discussions and closed the threads. Because they decided they didn't like what we were talking about. Apparently.

As far as moving gay threads to a board called "Lifestyles", if you can't figure out why I find that hilarious, you obvious do not follow gay politics. Gays hate it when their habits are referred to as a "lifestyle" because it denotes a choice.

Gay politics is an important issue. It affects all of us because we are all at the mercy of these people who think that they can just push their agenda onto the rest of us. And they've been very, very, successful at doing so. Message boards may not seem like the best place to debate this topic, but unfortunately, it's the only avenue those of us who object to gay rights legislation have left.

The gay rights lobby has been very successful in shutting all of us up about it. If I can't object to it on a anonymous message board without the discussion being locked, and on a conservative board at that, where can I object?

Those threads should not have been closed.

Start a new one called "gay politics", stick in the gay section , and those who wish can talk about it until the cows come home. It will draw a great crowd---over there! (which is the same as here--oh never mind):dunno:

ANYWAYYYY--nothing it preventing it from being the most popular topic on the board. It's only an organizing thingy.

What the hell you guys have nothin else to talk about except gays????

I know they are different from us but they jus look normal and try to integrate with the rest of us. Why reserve a separate topic for them or for that matter just start a topic about them??????????
Exactly right. These threads are pathetic. Instead of discussing something significant, this same crap turns up over and over again. These threads are about as meaningful as the machine posted news threads to which responses are not permitted.

Exactly right. These threads are pathetic. Instead of discussing something significant, this same crap turns up over and over again. These threads are about as meaningful as the machine posted news threads to which responses are not permitted.

Excuse me, but do you have children? I do and I object to my child being subjected to this kind of politics in the first fucking grade. I object to every TV show she watches showing gay people as if it's a perfectly normal way of life. I object to her being exposed to anything do with sex at ALL. And sure as hell not at school.

There is nothing more significant than the values you raise your kids with and I object very strongly to anybody telling me what habits me and my kid are supposed to accept.

I also don't like the fact that the moderators here can just close a thread because they don't like the subject. I understand that this is a moderated message board, but if gay topics are off limits it should be in the rules. I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to them if I'd known some mod would just shut off discussion because they felt like it.

Excuse me, but do you have children? I do and I object to my child being subjected to this kind of politics in the first fucking grade. I object to every TV show she watches showing gay people as if it's a perfectly normal way of life. I object to her being exposed to anything do with sex at ALL. And sure as hell not at school.

There is nothing more significant than the values you raise your kids with and I object very strongly to anybody telling me what habits me and my kid are supposed to accept.

I also don't like the fact that the moderators here can just close a thread because they don't like the subject. I understand that this is a moderated message board, but if gay topics are off limits it should be in the rules. I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to them if I'd known some mod would just shut off discussion because they felt like it.
You are not excused. If you want to post threads about gays, go to some sex message board. Do you see here a thread category for sexuality? The sexuality of individuals is their own PRIVATE concern and I resent the fact that posters like you keep bringing it up and make the board deal with the fact that you and others feel compelled to post about it. Waste the time of others, not ours.

You are not excused. If you want to post threads about gays, go to some sex message board. Do you see here a thread category for sexuality? The sexuality of individuals is their own PRIVATE concern and I resent the fact that posters like you keep bringing it up and make the board deal with the fact that you and others feel compelled to post about it. Waste the time of others, not ours.

Do you live in the real world?

It's called politics and if you don't like the subject you don't have to read it.

Besides, don't you know that being gay has nothing to do with sex? :gang1:

Do you live in the real world?

It's called politics and if you don't like the subject you don't have to read it.

Besides, don't you know that being gay has nothing to do with sex? :gang1:
Being gay has nothing to do with sex? I must have missed your memo on that. I won't have to read about it if gay obessesed people like you would stop flooding our message board with idiotic, self-indulgent threads such as this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
The threads are closed. Nobody can reply to them anymore so the discussions we had going stopped. By whatever moderator decided they didn't like the discussions and closed the threads. Because they decided they didn't like what we were talking about. Apparently.

As far as moving gay threads to a board called "Lifestyles", if you can't figure out why I find that hilarious, you obvious do not follow gay politics. Gays hate it when their habits are referred to as a "lifestyle" because it denotes a choice.

Gay politics is an important issue. It affects all of us because we are all at the mercy of these people who think that they can just push their agenda onto the rest of us. And they've been very, very, successful at doing so. Message boards may not seem like the best place to debate this topic, but unfortunately, it's the only avenue those of us who object to gay rights legislation have left.

The gay rights lobby has been very successful in shutting all of us up about it. If I can't object to it on a anonymous message board without the discussion being locked, and on a conservative board at that, where can I object?

Those threads should not have been closed.
Yes they should have been. I went to look at what you've been ranting about; first the one was closed and redirected to the second. Then the second continued the problems with the first, and added more problems, so it too was closed.

Start another thread in lifestyles if you wish, I hope that those interested do not derail whatever into a flaming/threat thread.

If I have one pet peeve on a message board, this is it. I would suggest that if you don't like what nt250 or any other member chooses to post about, that you can either (a) not read it, or (b) go to a board where you like the posts better. Problem solved- you are not "wasting your time".

Hence again we see the true slippery slope. Admin, with good intentions, makes a change suggested by a poster, it emboldens others to look for even more severe restrictions that happen to please them.

If I have one pet peeve on a message board, this is it. I would suggest that if you don't like what nt250 or any other member chooses to post about, that you can either (a) not read it, or (b) go to a board where you like the posts better. Problem solved- you are not "wasting your time".

Hence again we see the true slippery slope. Admin, with good intentions, makes a change suggested by a poster, it emboldens others to look for even more severe restrictions that happen to please them.
Don't worry I'll be sure not to look at yours and nt250's brilliant posts in the future.

PS. The ignore list function works great. I had never used it before. Thanks for the advice.

In all seriousness, nuc explained that what he posted was facetious, a reaction to threads having zippo to do with gay issues, being turned into such. It was decided that rather than having pro gay/homophobic issues turning up on every thread; having salacious flames in religion/ethics, it made sense to move them to one forum.

I was not involved in this one way or the other. From what I've seen, Jeff was, hardly one of the 'flashpoint' mods/admins.

Anyways, if some still have an issue with the decision, please direct to admin., at this point it's becoming 'bash mods' time, which is stopping right now. Thank you for your time.

Do you really see it as a restriction to be asked to discuss certain subjects in certain threads?

Yes they should have been. I went to look at what you've been ranting about; first the one was closed and redirected to the second. Then the second continued the problems with the first, and added more problems, so it too was closed.

Start another thread in lifestyles if you wish, I hope that those interested do not derail whatever into a flaming/threat thread.

OK, so if I start a thread about gay politics on the Health/Lifestyles board, it won't end up getting closed?

I'll give it a try.

OK, so if I start a thread about gay politics on the Health/Lifestyles board, it won't end up getting closed?

I'll give it a try.

Within reason. ***** up the a** to the nth degree, grosses many of us out. Nth degree is the caveate.

Being gay has nothing to do with sex? I must have missed your memo on that. I won't have to read about it if gay obessesed people like you would stop flooding our message board with idiotic, self-indulgent threads such as this.

The argument that being gay has nothing to do with sex is an argument the gay rights crowd throws out in a last ditch attempt to their personal habits seen as a civil rights issue.

If the mods want to move this to the Health/Livestyles board, I'll be happy to explain it all in more detail. Of course since you think other people having laws passed that tell you how you can react to their personal behavior is "idiotic", then you probably wouldn't be interested.

YAY you got it !!!!!:thup:

Maybe they can just move this thread there? I didn't know the gay threads had been moved to Health/Livestyles until I saw the link.

I smoke 4 packs a day and am single handily putting several of the children of the Miller Brewing Company through college. Health isn't exactly a subject I'm interested in.

:gay:

Maybe they can just move this thread there? I didn't know the gay threads had been moved to Health/Livestyles until I saw the link.

I smoke 4 packs a day and am single handily putting several of the children of the Miller Brewing Company through college. Health isn't exactly a subject I'm interested in.

:gay:
Yes. done. :smoke:

Yes. done. :smoke:

Thanks. Saved me from having to start all over.

Not for nothing, but your comment about descriptions of explicit gay sex in replies causing threads to be closed because they "gross out" the mods is exactly the reason why many of us object to gay rights laws in the first place. It IS gross. I don't like reading about the disgusting sexual habits of gays either.

But that's exactly what it's about, and the gay rights lobby has been very successful in getting EVERYBODY to shut up about it. They have been very successful in putting both true minorities and religious people on the defensive because they insist on comparing their abnormal behavior with someone elses skin color or moral values.

It is about getting fucked up the ass. It is about Lesbians eating pussy. It's gross and it's disgusting, and I'm sick and tired of the gay rights lobby and their liberal defenders telling me I'm a "bigot" and a "homophobe" for saying so.

Thanks. Saved me from having to start all over.

Not for nothing, but your comment about descriptions of explicit gay sex in replies causing threads to be closed because they "gross out" the mods is exactly the reason why many of us object to gay rights laws in the first place. It IS gross. I don't like reading about the disgusting sexual habits of gays either.

But that's exactly what it's about, and the gay rights lobby has been very successful in getting EVERYBODY to shut up about it. They have been very successful in putting both true minorities and religious people on the defensive because they insist on comparing their abnormal behavior with someone elses skin color or moral values.

It is about getting fucked up the ass. It is about Lesbians eating pussy. It's gross and it's disgusting, and I'm sick and tired of the gay rights lobby and their liberal defenders telling me I'm a "bigot" and a "homophobe" for saying so.

Here's my take, not speaking for admin/mods. Whether I or you like this topic, it seems to generate a lot of passions. Yes, plural. Some are academic, some are practical, both I'm uninterested in, but that's me. Now, we see what happened with the closed threads, revised forum, mega posts.

I know what homosexuality is, so do most thinking adults, which I'll make the leap to any able to post on message board. With that said, keep it R rated at worst. Thanks. Go to it.

Here's my take, not speaking for admin/mods. Whether I or you like this topic, it seems to generate a lot of passions. Yes, plural. Some are academic, some are practical, both I'm uninterested in, but that's me. Now, we see what happened with the closed threads, revised forum, mega posts.

I know what homosexuality is, so do most thinking adults, which I'll make the leap to any able to post on message board. With that said, keep it R rated at worst. Thanks. Go to it.

Yeah, well, as we all know, most liberals don't know how to think.

New Topics

Forum List

Back