Is There One Sound/valid Syllogistic Argument For The Existence Of God?

I'd love to see the peer review process you're referring to, also m.d.

because TAG is not peer reviewed in "academia" and passed. Not a fucking chance.

The sense I am making out of it finally is that we're all getting our leg pulled big time.

:rolleyes:

Or maybe you just don't know what you're talking about again.

That's very possible as I don't claim to know anything about God other than what I have experienced of God and I don't know you or MDR so of course I could be entirely wrong about what I am suspecting. And I am coming from the perspective of a believer who is a Christian and who knows with certainty that God is.

But as I have watched you, the "new Christian", and MDR morph into the same person, and based on the most unchristian manner in which God has been defended in this thread, I confess to suspicions about what is going on. And it has nothing to do with whether there is valid syllogistic argument for the existence of God. If my suspicions are right, kudos on reeling in and exposing the gullible. If I am wrong, I apologize.

I just don't want any other new Christians or seekers to be put off or discouraged to think that what has gone on in the thread is what Christianity is or who God is. I think you are pulling everybody's leg here.

Well, I gotta admit. I fell for it. I thought was MDR was serious - off-center and nutty but serious.

The sense I am making out of it finally is that we're all getting our leg pulled big time.

That's very possible as I don't claim to know anything about God other than what I have experienced of God and I don't know you or MDR so of course I could be entirely wrong about what I am suspecting. And I am coming from the perspective of a believer who is a Christian and who knows with certainty that God is.

But as I have watched you, the "new Christian", and MDR morph into the same person, and based on the most unchristian manner in which God has been defended in this thread, I confess to suspicions about what is going on. And it has nothing to do with whether there is valid syllogistic argument for the existence of God. If my suspicions are right, kudos on reeling in and exposing the gullible. If I am wrong, I apologize.

I just don't want any other new Christians or seekers to be put off or discouraged to think that what has gone on in the thread is what Christianity is or who God is. I think you are pulling everybody's leg here.

Well, I gotta admit. I fell for it. I thought was MDR was serious - off-center and nutty but serious.
I had a lot of suspicions at around the dozen-post mark that "Justin" was a sock account used by Rawling.

I had a lot of suspicions at around the dozen-post mark that "Justin" was a sock account used by Rawling.
wow....

I can't "un-think" this now. Damn. Makes perfect sense.

Don't worry, Foxy. I have plenty of examples of real Christians to counter this nonsense.

So reals Christians believe that the universe is something more impressive than God? I don't think Fox really believes that.

Don't worry, Foxy. I have plenty of examples of real Christians to counter this nonsense.

So reals Christians believe that the universe is something more impressive than God? I don't think Fox really believes that.

What??? Settle down. The game is over, you won!

There's two persons talking on a topic about God's existence from the bible, from bible-believing backgrounds with similar theological interests, from the same book and the same religion out of hw many people on this thread?. Do conservatives tend to share the same political views or do they think like liberals. Are you and G.T. socks? You sure do sound alike.

The only one I can think of is: We're in outer space, hurdling around a Sun spinning on our axis, yet through some process we still don't understand the Sun puts out just enough heat and the combination of our magnetic field, atmosphere and the presence of the Moon hold us in such a position that we only experience micro differences in temperature and weather. When you look up some days, the tree are perfectly still.

That's a miracle, that's God making it right for us

It defied the actual definition of miracle.

It's happening in nature, every day. Miracles by definition are not natural.

Also - there's likely millions of planets out there in this same goldilocks zone. The more common we discover that it is, the l;ess "special" it is as a natural occurrence. Do you forget how much of the universe we can't even see or explore yet? That's: 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999^infinity-power.

You're living in a daily miracle

. . . hurtling toward an overwhelming conclusion.

What are you talking about? No one is pulling on your leg. I'm dead serious about the things I'm sharing. Everything I know comes from the Bible, but these things are also in our minds, put there by God. You think I could understand these things without the guidance of God's word? I understand these things from God's word first. As for Justin, his single paragraphs were killing my eyes, so I gave him some pointers on this thread about how to think about writing paragraphs, breaking up related sets of sentences, and some pointers on connectors and the punctuation thereof. That's why his writing has change, and for the better, a little rough at first, a little trail and error, but he's getting it. He always had a good sense for Subject-predicate-object, but those single paragraphs were killers.

As far as QW goes, the man lied about virtually everything as we got deeper into logic, and he didn't like what I was arguing. Too bad. What he was claiming is sheer bullshit.

The only one I can think of is: We're in outer space, hurdling around a Sun spinning on our axis, yet through some process we still don't understand the Sun puts out just enough heat and the combination of our magnetic field, atmosphere and the presence of the Moon hold us in such a position that we only experience micro differences in temperature and weather. When you look up some days, the tree are perfectly still.

Also - there's likely millions of planets out there in this same goldilocks zone. The more common we discover that it is, the l;ess "special" it is as a natural occurrence. Do you forget how much of the universe we can't even see or explore yet? That's: 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999^infinity-power.

Miraculous compared to what?

Compared to living on Jupiter's Moon Io

What are you talking about? No one is pulling on your leg. I'm dead serious about the things I'm sharing. Everything I know comes from the Bible, but these things are also in our minds, put there by God. You think I could understand these things without the guidance of God's word? I understand these things from God's word first. As for Justin, his single paragraphs were killing my eyes, so I gave him some pointers on this thread about how to think about writing paragraphs, breaking up related sets of sentences, and some pointers on connectors and the punctuation thereof. That's why his writing has change, and for the better, a little rough at first, a little trail and error, but he's getting it. He always had a good sense for Subject-predicate-object, but those single paragraphs were killers.

As far as QW goes, the man lied about virtually everything as we got deeper into logic, and he didn't like what I was arguing. Too bad. What he was claiming is sheer bullshit.

Again if I am wrong I will apologize. But I have been around the block a few times, and the longer this goes, the more it smells. And re your relationship with Justin? Uh huh. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Miraculous compared to what?

Compared to living on Jupiter's Moon Io
Thanks for making my point.

You can only compare it to the few areas of space humans are able to study -- - - which is closer to <zero> than it is to <100%>

Meaning, you don't have any basis to call any natural occurrence, such as earth being inside of a goldilocks zone, a "miracle."

It could be pretty damn common.

Don't answer the door. It's just those annoying JW's again.

Again if I am wrong I will apologize. But I have been around the block a few times, and the longer this goes, the more it smells. And re your relationship with Justin? Uh huh. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Look, I don't know where this personal stuff has been coming from with you on this thread, but I'd just as soon stick to the issues, and the fact of the matter is that some have done nothing but argue against the man, not the ideas, frankly, because the ideas are rock solid.

Justin's beef with QW and G.T., is not the same as mine. Justin doesn't like liars. He takes it too personally, and I have told him so on this thread. My response to that kind of thing is to make arguments. Beyond that, Justin shares my theological interests. So?

Look, I don't know where this personal stuff has been coming from with you on this thread, but I'd just as soon stick to the issues, and the fact of the matter is that some have done nothing but argue against the man, not the ideas, frankly, because the ideas are rock solid.

Justin's beef with QW and G.T., is not the same as mine. Justin doesn't like liars. He takes it too personally, and I have told him so on this thread. My response to that kind of thing is to make arguments. Beyond that, Justin shares my theological interests. So?

I think you and Justin have made it very very personal in your non stop ridicule, disrespect for, and direct insults of other members on the thread. And yes a lot of them have done the same, but I just expect or at least hope for better from Christians. And I didn't intend to make it personal, but I am human enough to not wish to make it known when I think I'm being taken for a ride and am being played for a fool. Again if I'm wrong, I will apologize.

Justin doesn't know his head from his ass and his slinging liar accusations about is fucking childish.

He doesnt like to be challenged, and he doesn't like when his crutch is not around to defend him. When md is not around, justin's responses are insults.

when md is around, justin's responses are quotes from md's responses.

a couple of gullible snakes in the grass is the pair of them.

dblack, Fox's doctrine on free will is not scripturally, theologically or historically orthodox in either Jewish or Christian hermeneutics at all! In fact, it defies the biblical ramifications of the doctrine of Christ as the universal Logos of creation and the omnipresent sustainer of the cosmological order.

See The Universal Principle of Identity: http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9973552/

You don't know what you're talking about it and neither does she, but worse, she doesn't comprehend the ultimate implications, because she doesn't understand what the science is telling us coupled with what the Bible is telling us in this regard. The general and special theories of relativity and quantum physics scream Christian metaphysics! And the metaphysical implications of some of her views conflict with both.

The only reason you're saying what you are is because, in spite of the fact that you know you can't refute the objective facts of human cognition regarding the immediate imperatives of the problems of existence and origin, she poms poms on the side of your bias, by suggesting, for whatever reason, that what I'm saying doesn't add up. Is that what you want to be true, even though you can't refute what is objectively true about the things I've shared?

Her metaphysics simply do not line up what we know about the created order from the general and special theories of relativity and quantum physics. Is that your position?

Also, are you saying that only real Christians believe things about the transcendent realm of being that, not only do not line up with scripture, but do not line up with the corresponding expressions of empirical phenomena? If the Bible is true, the expressions of the two respective realms of being should line up, albeit, with the created realm being a contingent foreshadowing of the transcendent. In short, what she doesn't comprehend in all of this, and neither do you, apparently, is that if she's right, the created realm is greater in terms of structural and expressional complexity than the realm of God.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

God reveals Himself in what He has impressed upon our minds, through scripture and through the cosmological order. He is infinitely greater and more complex than His creation!

Last edited:

How is it that you define your circular, self-refuting arguments as "rock solid"?

dblack, Fox's doctrine on free will is not scripturally, theologically or historically orthodox in either Jewish or Christian hermeneutics at all! In fact, it defies the biblical ramifications of the doctrine of Christ as the universal Logos of creation and the omnipresent sustainer of the cosmological order.

See The Universal Principle of Identity: http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9973552/

You don't know what you're talking about it and neither does she, but worse, she doesn't comprehend the ultimate implications, because she doesn't understand what the science is telling us coupled with what the Bible is telling us in this regard. The general and special theories of relativity and quantum physics scream Christian metaphysics! And the metaphysical implications of her some of her views conflict with both.

The only reason you're saying what you are is because, in spite of the fact that you know you can't refute the objective facts of human cognition regarding the immediate imperatives of the problems of existence and origin, she poms poms on the side of your bias, by suggesting for whatever reason, that what I'm saying doesn't add up. Is that what you want to be true, even though you can't refute what is objectively true about these things I've shared?

Her metaphysics simply do not line up what we know about the created order from the general and special theories of relativity and quantum physics. Is that your position?

Also, are you saying that only real Christians believe things about the transcendent realm of being that, not only do not line up with scripture, but do not line up with the corresponding expressions of empirical phenomena? If the Bible is true, the expressions of the two respective realms of being should line up, albeit, with the created realm being a contingent foreshadowing of the transcendent. In short, what she doesn't comprehend in all of this, and neither do you, apparently, is that if she's right, the created realm is greater in terms of structural and expressional complexity than the realm of God.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

God reveals Himself in what He has impressed upon our minds, through scripture and through the cosmological order. He is infinitely greater and more complex than His creation!
I'm thinking you would look absolutely stunning in a burqa, some Pom Poms and a copy of the Koran at an ISIS beheading.

I think you and Justin have made it very very personal in your non stop ridicule, disrespect for, and direct insults of other members on the thread. And yes a lot of them have done the same, but I just expect or at least hope for better from Christians. And I didn't intend to make it personal, but I am human enough to not wish to make it known when I think I'm being taken for a ride and am being played for a fool. Again if I'm wrong, I will apologize.

No. I haven't made it personal. I didn't, for example, out of the blue go postal atheist as dblack did. Why don't you ask him about that.

The atheists on this thread have done what they always do, Fox. Attack the man. That's mostly all they ever do. I've observed this same click do this over and over again, trashing threads, killing them, and I've stayed out of it, and dblack can't seem to make up his mind: is he going to be an adult or go with the crowd?

Look here, for example, the TAG argument is what is referred to as a presuppositional of a necessary enabling condition in the literature. Such propositions are routinely used in all forms of logic, including constructive logic, "the logic of science." Why? Because these kinds of axioms let us get at the metaphysics of empirical phenomena, transcendence and science; ultimately, they serve to divulge new ways to look at reality and methodology. The TAG was first formally put forward by Kant. It's older than that, of course, as it's biological. It's in the Bible. It's always been with us.

It's the most celebrated presuppositional, and it is in fact a centuries-old, well-established axiom that cannot be denied or refuted. Professional logicians know this, whether they be theists, atheists or agnostics. If this argument were nothing more than what these idiots are saying, WHO WOULD CARE ABOUT IT?

Seriously, who would care? No one! We wouldn't be talking about it at all. It wouldn't even exist.

The point?

Why are the rational forms and logical categories of human cognition biologically hardwired whereby we cannot logically state or think God doesn't exist without contradicting ourselves or violating the laws of organic thought? Is this a freak accident of nature? A coincidence? Why should that be? That's no little thing. And that's why this argument stands out from the others, as the others are indirectly evidentiary.

But what do we see on this board? Trash talk without a clue.

Besides, I'm talking to Emily who wished to understand some things.

The fact of the matter is that from time to time, I've picked up a two-by-four of an argument to shut this or that sidelining, discrediting mouth down.

You want to put down the universally and objectively self-evident facts of the problems of existence and origin impressed on our minds in the face of a crowd that wants to believe, has to believe, that theisms is not based on anything rational, doesn't want to see or concede what they know to be true as I propound it?

That's why it's personal, but not on my end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back