Is There One Poster

Probably not. Nothing personal, but I don't often enjoy talking politics in the real world. Not to mention I'm pretty quiet and shy (prevelant qualities in a Mathematician) and don't like new situations much.

Plus, now I'm a Dad I'm less likely to be adventurous and just meet strangers.

Probably not. Nothing personal, but I don't often enjoy talking politics in the real world. Not to mention I'm pretty quiet and shy (prevelant qualities in a Mathematician) and don't like new situations much.

But that's the thing. When you meet in real life you talk about family and jobs and who knows who and who has met who and hobbies and interests etc. Politics, religion, and other controversial subjects simply don't come up. And there are usually enough outgoing extraverts to make sure the 'shy' ones are included.

But it probably isn't eveybody's cup of tea either.

But that's the thing. When you meet in real life you talk about family and jobs and who knows who and who has met who and hobbies and interests etc. Politics, religion, and other controversial subjects simply don't come up. And there are usually enough outgoing extraverts to make sure the 'shy' ones are included.

But it probably isn't eveybody's cup of tea either.

For a get together, I might try it. But like I said, I'm pretty useless in social situations. I have like three conversation topics: My son, My wife, and Mathematics. If I'm really comfortable I might talk about my more geeky pursuits like movies, books, and tv.

There are a few I would not mind meeting in a group setting for a beer... and it's not bound to political lines... it's the ones with whom I can have a reasonable debate, even if we disagree 100%

My Gosh, there are only like 5 people I really could care less about meeting. The rest...yeah it would be fun to sit in the corner and watch everyone.

I'll be in DC August 28th for that rally. If anyone goes...we can meet there.

I REALLY want to be there. If I can swing it, I'll give you a holler.

I work right downtown in DC

Alright, that makes a potential of three so far. There must be more.

I have met a number of folks that I first met on the internet, and there have been no unpleasant experiences. Just in case there is the occasional ax murderer or whatever out there, it is usually best to meet at formal gatherings or public places of course.

But sigh, I'm on nobody's list. I never get on lists......sniff......I couldn't even get on Huggy's list. :) But I wouldn't mind meeting me. Most days.

I have it on good authority that I am an axe murderer. I just can't help myself ... oh ... and I'm a victim .....:lol:

I have met a number of folks that I first met on the internet, and there have been no unpleasant experiences. Just in case there is the occasional ax murderer or whatever out there, it is usually best to meet at formal gatherings or public places of course.

But sigh, I'm on nobody's list. I never get on lists......sniff......I couldn't even get on Huggy's list. :) But I wouldn't mind meeting me. Most days.

I have it on good authority that I am an axe murderer. I just can't help myself ... oh ... and I'm a victim .....:lol:

You murdered an ax? You bad!!!

But even an ax murderer is a lovable soul. Now, if you could just get past that victim mentality, you'd be a real catch.

Sorry, but another member has already identified himself as the axe murderer. You're just gonna have to get your own schtick.

As a rule, I don't face to face with people I met on the internet. When I was on an *ahem* previous message board, their was a meet-up in NOLA when I was there, but I didn't go. I just prefer to keep my real friends in the real world and my internet friends in the internet world.

I think a group meet could be fun, but one on one might be scary. Hey Terry, you really are a middle-aged woman, right??:lol:
No, I'm now considered to be an OLD WOMAN. I'm 52

I will meet anyone who is buying at the bar.

Well meet me at the USMB Coffee Shop. Everything from martinis to orange lattes are free there, but I'll buy.

Oh good Foxy! A great idea for a place to go with my new c-boyfriend, on our first date. I hope he likes my new outfit. I know we'll love those free drinks....although *Dane* is the type of man who would rather pay for them himself....[love that about him] :eusa_dance:

I will meet anyone who is buying at the bar.

Well meet me at the USMB Coffee Shop. Everything from martinis to orange lattes are free there, but I'll buy.

Oh good Foxy! A great idea for a place to go with my new c-boyfriend, on our first date. I hope he likes my new outfit. I know we'll love those free drinks....although *Dane* is the type of man who would rather pay for them himself....[love that about him] :eusa_dance:

Oh well, here's what we do then. I'll give him a bill, he pays it, I slip the money to you, you sneak it back in his pocket.

No harm no foul. :)

Oh well, here's what we do then. I'll give him a bill, he pays it, I slip the money to you, you sneak it back in his pocket.

No harm no foul. :)

That is very gracious of you, but too passive-aggressive for me. I want him to be himself. Take the money....we HAVE to keep the coffee shop open....:lol: Oh, and please make mine a Martini up, shaken and not stirred? :booze:

Hee hee. Your wish is my command. We can always start a little fund for birthday presents or get well cards or whatever.

Great ideas. The heat we generate as we walk through the doors might send you to the air conditioning control, so your profits from our *chemistry* could help with the electric bill?? :lol:

I hope you realize that you now have every guy on the site thinking they are the ONE. :lol:

You did that on purpose didn't you?

Yes, I am married. Happily married, I might add. :lol:

Immie

Well I know it isn't me. I sent her a pic when she joined and she said I look like Andy Warhol.

Andy. Freaking. Warhol.

I think you look like a young Burt Reynolds.

There are many people on USMB that I would like to get to know better, but that's somewhat vague...

I'd like to get to know EZ (of course), del, Bootneck, Immie, Gunny (we're both former Marines), not RGS (even though we're both former Marines), Avg-Joe, Diuretic, editec, N4mdissent, and many others.

Now, who would I like to get to know better in the "biblical" sense? There are so many articulate, tasteful, insightful, classy, compassionate, and intelligent women here on USMB, and I can only imagine that they are as beautiful in person as they come across in their postings (go ahead and rep me now...) that I couldn't decide so I'd guess I'd want to get to "know" all of them better - if you know what I mean... I'm a wanna-be message board player (in the Fleetwood Mac sense).

players only love you when they're playing. :tongue:

Hee hee. Your wish is my command. We can always start a little fund for birthday presents or get well cards or whatever.

Great ideas. The heat we generate as we walk through the doors might send you to the air conditioning control, so your profits from our *chemistry* could help with the electric bill?? :lol:

Woo.

Between you two and cyberheat generated by Coloradomtnman, I may not need to crank up the furnace all winter. :)

Forum List

Back