Is there mainstream media bias???

Do you believe the Mainstream media bias elected Obama?

• Yes as there is extensive studies showing MSM bias

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • NO because ALL reporters/news outlets do NOT have any bias

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Naw... there isn't any media bias!!!
I mean why should we believe the below when:

Editor of NewsWeek Evan Thomas says..
" I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." ....

Or studies showing 85% of reporters vote and donate to the Democrat party!
"MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left:
125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties."
Journalists give campaign cash - politics - msnbc.com

Or as dozens of studies showing most people don't believe the MSM media anymore because they think most of the MSM is biased towards the left/Obama/Democrats...
The 44% of Americans who have a great deal or fair amount of trust and the 55% who have little or no trust remain among the most negative views Gallup has measured.
Majority in U.S. Continues to Distrust the Media, Perceive Bias

So what do you think of the below then??

The Daily Caller has a long expose of liberal media organ Media Matters today. Among other things, it makes the tax-exempt non-profit status of Media Matters look even more ridiculous than it already was, since MM is little more than a branch of the White House press office, with extensive financial ties to the greater liberal political machine.

The big takeaway from today’s articles, billed as the first in a series of investigative pieces, is how thoroughly, and easily, Media Matters coordinates “news” coverage within the mainstream press. It’s basically the “Mike Check” for liberal reporters, to borrow the term used by Occupy Wall Street protesters for the bizarre way they tune up their “human microphone.”

A former Media Matters staffer said they were “pretty much writing” MSNBC’s prime-time shows, while “virtually all the mainstream media was using our stuff.” Particularly friendly and cooperative journalists were kept on speed-dial, while the paranoid head of Media Matters, David Brock, kept a very extensive “enemies list.” Hostile news coverage was routinely orchestrated against people and organizations on the Enemies List.
Media Matters: Mike Check for liberal journalism - HUMAN EVENTS

Is there sand in Saudi Arabia?

I always thought it worked to our advantage. The worse the media gets, the better we do

Last edited:
How could there ever not be media bias? A network run by autistic nerdvirgins might be able to pull it off, but only for so long before some troll declares they're all racist.

Evan Thomas Newsweek editor summed it up..

"There is a liberal bias. It's demonstrable.
You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time. There is a, particularly at the networks,
at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure, there is a liberal bias.-

George W. Bush Transcript

Now when I was taking journalism classes at a Big Ten school in the 60s some of my classmates (like me by the way!!) were on the fringe or active with Students for Democratic Society and the splinter wing Weathermen...
My point is these same classmates that held the "stick it to the man".."Ho,HO.HEY HEY how many babies did LBJ kill today"! chanters.. are NOW those people that write the headlines and prepare the 30 second sound bites!
So is it ANY WONDER if Most Americans during the 70,80s BEFORE the internet had to depend on the Walter Cronkites of the world.. we had a very biased content that formed our opinions..why hell.. I voted for Carter because of that!!!

Forum List

Back