Is there anyone here who thinks Elizabeth Warren is not a racist?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Seriously, I want to know, because if I said something this stupid everyone on the left would say I was a racist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uegqTj3SHO4]Elizabeth Warren's Native American Proof? High Cheekbones... - YouTube[/ame]

How is being proud of your own diverse ancestry racist?

Sorry, but your premise is apples are oranges and day is night.

I'm not seeing a racist comment. She was repeating what her grandmother said about native Americans having high cheekbones.

Does that mean that if I said my father used to tell me the only good Indian is a dean Indian it wouldn't be racist?

Seriously, I want to know, because if I said something this stupid everyone on the left would say I was a racist.

Elizabeth Warren's Native American Proof? High Cheekbones... - YouTube

That video doesn't make me think she is racist.....dishonest and daft maybe but not racist.

Then again i don't assign racist too lightly.....although some people in this forum would disagree with about my being like that it is true, they just are racists and don't want to believe it ;)

Last edited:
How is being proud of your own diverse ancestry racist?

Sorry, but your premise is apples are oranges and day is night.

I am proud of my diverse ancestry, which is why I would never say something like "All Swedes have blonde hair."

I'm not seeing a racist comment. She was repeating what her grandmother said about native Americans having high cheekbones.

Does that mean that if I said my father used to tell me the only good Indian is a dean Indian it wouldn't be racist?

It wouldn't mean you are racist. My grandmother was very racist but I am not at all. It is a learned behavior. You aren't wired that way, you become it.

That video doesn't make me think she is racist.....dishonest and daft maybe but not racist.

Then again i don't assign racist too lightly.....although some people in this forum would disagree with about that its true, they just are racists and don't want to believe it ;)

It wasn't until she insisted that all Indians have high cheekbones that I started to wonder. That, alone, does not prove she is racist, but it is a racist type remark that is not true. I would think a Harvard professor would know that.

It wouldn't mean you are racist. My grandmother was very racist but I am not at all. It is a learned behavior. You aren't wired that way, you become it.

Using racist language to defend your actions does not make you a racist, being a racist makes you a racist. Thanks for clearing that up.

Then again i don't assign racist too lightly.....although some people in this forum would disagree with about that its true, they just are racists and don't want to believe it ;)

It wasn't until she insisted that all Indians have high cheekbones that I started to wonder. That, alone, does not prove she is racist, but it is a racist type remark that is not true. I would think a Harvard professor would know that.

I understand the point you are making about the high cheekbones.

Similar statements:

Native Americans have high cheekbones
African Americans have big lips
European Americans have light skin
Asian Americans are short people

I get it.....if, for example, you made a thread saying "I'm part black because I have big lips" people on this forum would decry you as a racist.

All that being said I still don't think her cheekbones comment shows racism, it shows her desperately trying to cover for her dishonesty with harvard.

Using racist language to defend your actions does not make you a racist, being a racist makes you a racist. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, calling others racist for stupid reasons makes you guilty of thinking racist thoughts. I didn't even listen to the video because I knew it would be some dumb out of context thing you trotted out.

Last I looked, it is physical characteristics that define race.
How is pointing out physical characteristics racist if that is how we define race?

Hmm..

Is saying that black people are dark skin or Chinese people have oval eyes..racist as well?

You guys sure have a low bar for what counts as racism..oh wait..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3PZSLjhmA]Ron Paul talks about secession... in front of the Confederate Flag - YouTube[/ame]

Naw you don't. Because you don't consider that asshole, racist.

This is what she said:

"No, as I said, these are my family stories. I have lived in a family that has talked about Native Americans, talked about tribes since I had been a little girl. I still have a picture on my mantel and it is a picture my mother had before that - a picture of my grandfather. And my Aunt Bea has walked by that picture at least a 1,000 times remarked that he - her father, my Papaw -- had high cheek bones like all of the Indians do. Because that is how she saw it and your mother got those same great cheek bones and I didn't. She that thought was the bad deal she had gotten in life."

This is racist??? :lmao:

Forum List

Back