Is there anybody who posts here

loosecannon

May 7, 2007
who isn't studying Mandarin in their spare time?

Anybody at all? Even folks who rarely post?

Is there anybody here who doesn't habla espanol who isn't studying Spanish on the side?

Anybody at all?

Press 4 for English.

Is there anybody here who doesn't habla espanol who isn't studying Spanish on the side?

Anybody at all?

Press 4 for English.

:presses 4: :razz:

However, I think it is neat to know other languages. Not to mention it would be very helpful if you ever need to know them. I don't think we should 'need' to know them in our own country, but if you ever travel it would help.

Anybody at all?

Press 4 for English.

:presses 4: :razz:

However, I think it is neat to know other languages. Not to mention it would be very helpful if you ever need to know them. I don't think we should 'need' to know them in our own country, but if you ever travel it would help.

Yes, imagine you are sitting in a Bulgarian toilet stall freezing your ass off, and suddenly realize your toilet roll is empty. If you know Bulgarian, you could tap your foot several times on the wet icy floor and someone will be right there to help you.

But if you speak mandarin you could tap your foot and actually get a new roll of paper.

I took russian in college.

My boy is studying Japanese in High school.

A foreign language is a wonderful thing for teaching perspective. It also helps in your understanding of english.

I help the in the ESL program at the college. It is fun chatting up the Koreans and the Vietnamese. The college has a over 700 students from Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea and Japan, plus more from Saudi Arabia, Quatar and Egypt. The linguistic assumptions of the Vietnamese and the Koreans are kind of startling. It has been a very good experience for me.

Forum List

Back