Is There Any Gold in Ft. Knox?

Is the amount of gold that is supposed to be in Ft. Knox is actually there?

• Yes

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
Do you believe that the amount of gold that is supposed to be in Ft. Knox is actually there?

Oh Lord! Don't talk about gold missing from Fort Knox. This morning I couldn't find one of my gold necklaces and couldn't go to work until I did. What a meltdown I almost had. If I though it was all missing from Fort Knox, I would go into a state of dysfunctional grief for a long period of time.

We have to have gold somewhere. From what are we making these gold coins? If there is no gold, I'd rather not know...I think!

Leftovers from sexual reassignment surgeries?

There used to be a store in Paducah called Cox's or some such. The joke was 'If you buy a searsucker suit at Sears what kind of suit do you buy at Cox's?
here in socal there is a chain of sporting goods stores called dicks (insert joke here).

I know a guy whose name was Allcock. He got ragged on so much that he legally changed it to Allgood! True story. Some names can just mark you for life. I so like my French first name, even though my parents were backwoods Irish hicks and had no clue.

There used to be a store in Paducah called Cox's or some such. The joke was 'If you buy a searsucker suit at Sears what kind of suit do you buy at Cox's?
here in socal there is a chain of sporting goods stores called dicks (insert joke here).

I know a guy whose name was Allcock. He got ragged on so much that he legally changed it to Allgood! True story. Some names can just mark you for life. I so like my French first name, even though my parents were backwoods hicks and had no clue.
I had an uncle named :R.Y. PRONONCED"ARE WHY" His parents had an outhouse and a pump in the kitchen ,all the modren conveyentseys.

I know a guy whose name was Allcock. He got ragged on so much that he legally changed it to Allgood! True story. Some names can just mark you for life. I so like my French first name, even though my parents were backwoods hicks and had no clue.
I had an uncle named :R.Y. PRONONCED"ARE WHY" His parents had an outhouse and a pump in the kitchen ,all the modren conveyentseys.

Whatever you say!

Here's what the US Mint tells us

Amount of present gold holdings: 147.3 million ounces.
The only gold removed has been very small quantities used to test the purity of gold during regularly scheduled audits. Except for these samples, no gold has been transferred to or from the Depository for many years.
The gold is held as an asset of the United States at book value of $42.22 per ounce.
The Depository opened in 1937; the first gold was moved to the depository in January that year.
Highest gold holdings this century: 649.6 million ounces (December 31, 1941).
Size of a standard gold bar: 7 inches x 3 and 5/8 inches x 1 and 3/4 inches.
Weight of a standard gold bar: approximately 400 ounces or 27.5 pounds.
Construction of the depository:

How would any of us know if that is true or not?

Also we are informed by that the Fort Knox
...gold depository is second in the United States to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's underground vault in Manhattan, which holds 7,000 metric tons (7716 tons) of gold bullion (225.1 million oz. troy), some of it in trust for foreign nations, central banks and official international organizations.

source Wiki.

Again, how would we know for sure whether that is true or not?

Like so many other things we read or are told, we either take it as true on faith or we don't.

How can any of us be 100% sure the moon landings weren't faked?

I know a guy whose name was Allcock. He got ragged on so much that he legally changed it to Allgood! True story. Some names can just mark you for life. I so like my French first name, even though my parents were backwoods Irish hicks and had no clue.

Not far from where I live, some residents were enraged when a local pub was sold and the new owner renamed it "Dick's Halfway Inn"!!! :badgrin:

Here's what the US Mint tells us

Amount of present gold holdings: 147.3 million ounces.
The only gold removed has been very small quantities used to test the purity of gold during regularly scheduled audits. Except for these samples, no gold has been transferred to or from the Depository for many years.
The gold is held as an asset of the United States at book value of $42.22 per ounce.
The Depository opened in 1937; the first gold was moved to the depository in January that year.
Highest gold holdings this century: 649.6 million ounces (December 31, 1941).
Size of a standard gold bar: 7 inches x 3 and 5/8 inches x 1 and 3/4 inches.
Weight of a standard gold bar: approximately 400 ounces or 27.5 pounds.
Construction of the depository:

How would any of us know if that is true or not?

Also we are informed by that the Fort Knox
...gold depository is second in the United States to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's underground vault in Manhattan, which holds 7,000 metric tons (7716 tons) of gold bullion (225.1 million oz. troy), some of it in trust for foreign nations, central banks and official international organizations.

source Wiki.

Again, how would we know for sure whether that is true or not?

Like so many other things we read or are told, we either take it as true on faith or we don't.

How can any of us be 100% sure the moon landings weren't faked?
oh...no...one of those.

Not far from where I live, some residents were enraged when a local pub was sold and the new owner renamed it "Dick's Halfway Inn"!!! :badgrin:
went to JR HIGH with a kid named HOLDEN HISCOCK...someone should have shot his parents.

went to JR HIGH with a kid named HOLDEN HISCOCK...someone should have shot his parents.
I was doing some title work recently and ran into a landowner named Jasper Nemrod Cockburn. His nickname is Mutt.

His parents obviously hated him.

Forum List

Back