Is there any chance that McCain can still win?

Obama's numbers are inflated (matching his ego), so i think McCain still has a chance. A slim one, but a chance nonetheless.

Or the Dems will continue to fuck things up like they have been for the last 2 years.

Guess you were visiting relatives off the planet for the last 8 years .. but for the earth-bound, nothing compares to the monstrous failures of Bush and the republicans .. who had control of the entire government for at least 6 years.

Dont get me wrong i dont rate either candidate... but a McCain win would be a very dangerous result for the world.

He seems like a very bitter little man with a big big chip on his little shoulders.

I think he would want to bomb other innocent countries like Bush...after all he will die soon anyway, so a world war wouldnt affect him.

President Palin... now that would be worth it...just for the comedy.

I think McCain still has an excellent chance at winning. It depends on whose message is stronger and who controls the news cycle this week. I watched McCain's delivery of the Obama audio tape earlier... Americans have the attention span on a 2 year old and it took McCain about 5 minutes to explain the audio tape. I fell asleep by the time he was done.

There are 50 million people out there who don't pay attention to politics. They're going to be watching Obama on Wednesday night. McCain has to do something to counter that... I wonder if the audio tape that Obama has makes it through the rounds of the 6:30 news this evening. If it doesn't, the majority of americans won't know anything about this tape. If it does.. McCain's chances increase.

If the polls increase over the next couple of days for Obama and the tape doesn't make the news, it's over for McCain.

Don't know if he'll win, but McCain has my vote.
These particular dems are going to be evil incarnate if they control it all.
Be afraid, very afraid.

Oh, so the 6 years of TOTAL CONTROL by the GOP was utopia. Total control corrupts totally. If Obama wins and the Dems win a super majority in congress, then we will all be crying "Throw the Bums out!" in 4 years. They will become drunk with power just like the republicans did for 6 years.

The GOP never had total control, since there were enough RINOs to fuck things up.

The GOP never had total control, since there were enough RINOs to fuck things up.

:lol:

Stupid as fuck.

Republicans had control of almost every level of the federal government and led the wimpy democrats around by the nose .. who were too afraid of being called "unpatriotic"

Now that the historic failure of republican control and collapse of failed right-wing ideology has been revealed to all the world, republicans are turning on themselves like shrews. .. now it's the "RINO's" fault.

... quite entertaining indeed

Stupid as fuck.

Republicans had control of almost every level of the federal government and led the wimpy democrats around by the nose .. who were too afraid of being called "unpatriotic"

Now that the historic failure of republican control and collapse of failed right-wing ideology has been revealed to all the world, republicans are turning on themselves like shrews. .. now it's the "RINO's" fault.

... quite entertaining indeed
Insult is the last refuge for a debate loser- that means you. :D

From Jumpin' Jim Jeffords on the GOP never had a solid coalition of power. They wouldn't know what to do with it. At least Democrats can control thier minions.

Now if the conservative wing of the GOP had control- watch out you liberals. If it was up to me I'd remove all federal programs not specifically enumerated by the COTUS. :eusa_whistle:

Insult is the last refuge for a debate loser- that means you. :D

From Jumpin' Jim Jeffords on the GOP never had a solid coalition of power. They wouldn't know what to do with it. At least Democrats can control thier minions.

Now if the conservative wing of the GOP had control- watch out you liberals. If it was up to me I'd remove all federal programs not specifically enumerated by the COTUS. :eusa_whistle:

Don't worry dude .. I'm just playin' wit ya' .. I mean, you're so easy.

Jim Jeffords? ..

He became an Independent, not a democrat.

Any idea how many democrats switched parties compared to republicans?

" .. the GOP never had a solid control of power" .. you think calling that stupid is an "insult?"

Here's a couple of facts .. that I'm betting you can't challenge ..

Republicans gained complete control of the 104th Congress (1995–1997), held on to control in the 105th Congress (1997–1999), and remained in power during the 106th Congress (1999–2001) through the end of Clinton’s presidency.

THEN, republicans had complete control of both houses under Bush for 6 years and the White House for 8.

Please tell me how calling that stupid is an insult.

AND .. if you're waiting for conservative republicans to gain control .. again .. you'll be awaitin' .. and awaitin'

Conservative ideology is doomed by its own nature.

Last edited:
Dick Morris explained this last week on Fox. McCain, made a huge media buy last week in swing states with viewers seeing on average four ads per night, while Obama is buying on average enough ads so that viewers see five ads per night. The McCain ads are exclusively running the Joe the Plumber ad about spreading the wealth. In advertising you have what is called a saturation point this is where the ad should be showing an effect and Morris said the saturation point would happen sometime over the weekend (i.e. we should see a shift in polling). So far the polls show no basic movement over last week. So the ads have reached their saturation point and there is no movement in the polls.

Remember that McCain in order to spend this money on advertising has had to cut somewhere because he is limited to 84 million dollars, the cut has come in his field organization. So back to the Morris scenario, even if the ads had worked Morris said the best McCain could hope is a statistical tie and thats where a field organization comes into play with the get out the vote effort and McCain had a very thin organization to begin with and it has been cut. We have so no new movement in the polls for McCain to that even point and we are a week out. Unless some crisis hits that would upset the trend it would be a good bet that Michelle Obama should start looking for a new school for their two children.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong i dont rate either candidate... but a McCain win would be a very dangerous result for the world.

He seems like a very bitter little man with a big big chip on his little shoulders.

I think he would want to bomb other innocent countries like Bush...after all he will die soon anyway, so a world war wouldnt affect him.

President Palin... now that would be worth it...just for the comedy.

Hello Zak.

Obama's numbers are inflated (matching his ego), so i think McCain still has a chance. A slim one, but a chance nonetheless.

Or the Dems will continue to fuck things up like they have been for the last 2 years.

Quite possibly.

But of course, with a supermajority and the Oval Office they can fuck things up with far greater vigor than they have of late.

Don't worry dude .. I'm just playin' wit ya' .. I mean, you're so easy.

Jim Jeffords? ..

He became an Independent, not a democrat.

Any idea how many democrats switched parties compared to republicans?

" .. the GOP never had a solid control of power" .. you think calling that stupid is an "insult?"

Here's a couple of facts .. that I'm betting you can't challenge ..

Republicans gained complete control of the 104th Congress (1995–1997), held on to control in the 105th Congress (1997–1999), and remained in power during the 106th Congress (1999–2001) through the end of Clinton’s presidency.

THEN, republicans had complete control of both houses under Bush for 6 years and the White House for 8.

Please tell me how calling that stupid is an insult.

AND .. if you're waiting for conservative republicans to gain control .. again .. you'll be awaitin' .. and awaitin'

Conservative ideology is doomed by its own nature.
You seem to misunderstand. Or purpose or not, I don't really care. But I'll try a third time, Lucy, and make it as simple as I can.

With all the jumpers, RINO's and pussies afraid to wield power in the GOP they have never had control. Not so with the Democrats, since the are quick to line up in lock-step.

Conservative ideology wins every time it is articulated to where voters can understand. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, so the 6 years of TOTAL CONTROL by the GOP was utopia. Total control corrupts totally. If Obama wins and the Dems win a super majority in congress, then we will all be crying "Throw the Bums out!" in 4 years. They will become drunk with power just like the republicans did for 6 years.

Given the monumental problems facing whomsoever is in power, I'd say that that is almost a certainty.

I'm not hearing anything reassuing from Obama about doing anything about the fundamental problems we've got with out economy.

Talking about solving the problems the middle class is facing through minor changes in the tax codes is less than encouraging as far as I am concerned.

Anything short of a complete rethink of our economically erosive trade policies is bound to fail.

Continuing this deadly Class war that is tearing our nation apart is likewise not going to solve a damned thing.

Its time for us to stop thinking like partisans and start thinking like patriotic nationalists.

You have got to be kidding. Boooooosh was approving everything that the GOP congress sent his way. Those 6 years of total GOP control has nearly bankrupted this country. Boooooosh has done things as president that I never thought I would see a US President do. But, fortunately, he and DICK are on the way out and whether Obama or McCain wins, we will be far better off.

You seem to misunderstand. Or purpose or not, I don't really care. But I'll try a third time, Lucy, and make it as simple as I can.

With all the jumpers, RINO's and pussies afraid to wield power in the GOP they have never had control. Not so with the Democrats, since the are quick to line up in lock-step.

Conservative ideology wins every time it is articulated to where voters can understand. :eusa_whistle:

No Sarah, you don't understand.

"Democrats in lock step" .. are you new to politics?

"all the jumpers" is yet another really silly argument that you can't back up. Name "all the jumpers" that were republicans during the Bush Administration. They're jumping and running now because of the incredible idiocy of conservative ideology .. no regulation .. increase military spending at the same time you give huge tax cuts to the rich .. obey thy corporate masters .. belief in American exceptionalism .. all miserably failed ideas.

Republicans weilded power with reckless abandon. They had their way so much they became drunk with power.

Republicans had their shot and they blew it miserably .. whether you can face that truth or not, you're about to see what Americans think of the Republican Party.

If I had a bugle I'd blow taps for you because conservative republicans are a dinosaur .. and like the dinosaurs, doomed to extinction. America is changing, adapting, and morphing into a different face. The Republican Party is almost exclusively dependent on whites, specifically white males, for its existence and their numbers are dwindling. Conservative ideology, which has proved itself such a failure the last 8 years, is incapable of adapting to the dynamics of society, thus doomed to extinction.

Thus, through all the crisis this nation now faces .. there is good news. We don't have to listen to mythology from Ralph Reed and "christian conservatives" .. don't even have to consider right-wing conservatives think .. and clowns like Limbaugh and Hannity have been relegated to the comic page.

Smells like morning in America.

I don't have a bugle .. but I have this here violin .. let me play you a song

:eusa_boohoo:

That's the same reaction you had the last time you said something that didn't make sense and I called you on it.

You do know who Lucy is, do you?

Not interested in who Lucy is or anyother cryptic terms from the netherworld .. and I have no idea what you're talking about.

You "called" me on something?

I'm surprised.

Forum List

Back