Is there any chance that McCain can still win?

JamesJoyce

Rookie
Oct 27, 2008
Milan
Dont get me wrong i dont rate either candidate... but a McCain win would be a very dangerous result for the world.

He seems like a very bitter little man with a big big chip on his little shoulders.

I think he would want to bomb other innocent countries like Bush...after all he will die soon anyway, so a world war wouldnt affect him.

President Palin... now that would be worth it...just for the comedy.

Yup get those excuses ready and handy, cause if he wins you are gonna be crying about a stolen election when it is just a matter of the people not picking your guy.

Yup get those excuses ready and handy, cause if he wins you are gonna be crying about a stolen election when it is just a matter of the people not picking your guy.

McCain can still win with a little help from his "friends" and they're not limited to Dibold executives! Too bad for you though...he seems to have the Electoral College all sewed up...what a great idea our founding fathers had no?

McCain can still win with a little help from his "friends" and they're not limited to Dibold executives! Too bad for you though...he seems to have the Electoral College all sewed up...what a great idea our founding fathers had no?

Actually the Electoral College will be determined in all but 2 States by the popular vote IN that State. So if McCain wins enough States his supporters will be picking who those electors ARE. But do try again.

Actually the Electoral College will be determined in all but 2 States by the popular vote IN that State. So if McCain wins enough States his supporters will be picking who those electors ARE. But do try again.

Excuse me General but what about dem faithless electors and Obama's popularity? ..:clap2:

Excuse me General but what about dem faithless electors and Obama's popularity? ..:clap2:

Some States require the first vote to be the person the State popular vote was for. But more importantly the people chosen to be Electors are vetted carefully by each side.

The Democrats tried convincing Electors to switch sides in 2000, remind us how well that worked?

Some States require the first vote to be the person the State popular vote was for. But more importantly the people chosen to be Electors are vetted carefully by each side.

The Democrats tried convincing Electors to switch sides in 2000, remind us how well that worked?

Could be that they wont have to worry much this time around but how are you going to handle them having a super majority? As for the electors,it's neat because they get to vote "twice" for Obama..:eusa_clap:

Try that on for size...:eusa_boohoo:

Could be that they wont have to worry much this time around but how are you going to handle them having a super majority? As for the electors,it's neat because they get to vote "twice" for Obama..:eusa_clap:

Try that on for size...:eusa_boohoo:

We shall see on November 5th what Congress looks like as well as who our New president will be.

We shall see on November 5th what Congress looks like as well as who our New president will be

True, and if the right thing has been done and we catch all the right wing election fraud, we will now have a chance to get back on the American Train Track of honor, integrity and the right use of a big stick.

I am not talking about McStumbels and the Diva either.:lol:

I wouldn't rule out a McCain win but it'll be difficult to do.

according to the realclear politics electoral map Obama has 306 EV to McCain's 157 with only 75 being toss up.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

however it's even worse for McCain when looking at this electoral map which tracks state by state polling numbers and how each state went in the last four elections:

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Obama has picked up the following states that Bush won in 2004

CO FL IN IA MO NV NM NC OH VA

Obama could lose the states in bold and still win with 273 EV.

It's a rough path to the white house for McCain at this point unless something major happens.

We shall see on November 5th what Congress looks like as well as who our New president will be.

And THAT is going to be of vital importance to this nation, too.

Depending on your political inclinations, it will either be a stunning victory for the Dems or a partial victory for the Reps.

If the Reps can hold onto even a viable minority position in either house, they won't be entirely powerless for the next few years.

If they lose so badly that the Dems have supermajorities in both houses (and that would surprise me) then the Dems will be bulletproof for that time and might be able to radically change things.

They won't radically change anything, of course, but they could certainly do things which will seem very radical to most conservatives.

Yeah, and "if" my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Keep up with the if's Sarg, we can play that game all day

I wouldn't rule out a McCain win but it'll be difficult to do.

according to the realclear politics electoral map Obama has 306 EV to McCain's 157 with only 75 being toss up.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

however it's even worse for McCain when looking at this electoral map which tracks state by state polling numbers and how each state went in the last four elections:

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Obama has picked up the following states that Bush won in 2004

CO FL IN IA MO NV NM NC OH VA

Obama could lose the states in bold and still win with 273 EV.

It's a rough path to the white house for McCain at this point unless something major happens.

It is not impossible but is very unlikely. McCain could come on strong in the last week or the "Bradley" affect could come into play. While McCain still has a chance, it is beginning to look more and more like a blow out for Obama.

Obama's numbers are inflated (matching his ego), so i think McCain still has a chance. A slim one, but a chance nonetheless.

If they lose so badly that the Dems have supermajorities in both houses (and that would surprise me) then the Dems will be bulletproof for that time and might be able to radically change things.
Or the Dems will continue to fuck things up like they have been for the last 2 years.

Oh, so the 6 years of TOTAL CONTROL by the GOP was utopia. Total control corrupts totally. If Obama wins and the Dems win a super majority in congress, then we will all be crying "Throw the Bums out!" in 4 years. They will become drunk with power just like the republicans did for 6 years.

you mean like the wingers who think someone ACORN registered under the name Mickey Mouse is going to be allowed to cast a vote?

But without your kool aid stuff... yes. McCain can win. No one should be celebrating yet.

Obama's numbers are inflated (matching his ego), so i think McCain still has a chance. A slim one, but a chance nonetheless.

Or the Dems will continue to fuck things up like they have been for the last 2 years.

RAFLMAO!!! Too funny, honey.

A) Try proving your baseless allegation about "inflated" numbers; and

B) you seem to be mistaken. It's the R's who've been running the show for 8 years.

So please get a grip.

Forum List

Back