Is there a way to "un-reply" to a thread?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Sometimes I will click on the Reply Button by accident or simply change my mind after doing so. The problem I have is that if I try to reply to another post, the quote from the previous time I clicked the reply button remains. Is there a way to "un-reply" to remove the quote from the post that I decided not to reply to?

Sometimes I will click on the Reply Button by accident or simply change my mind after doing so. The problem I have is that if I try to reply to another post, the quote from the previous time I clicked the reply button remains. Is there a way to "un-reply" to remove the quote from the post that I decided not to reply to?
Right click on the message, hit "Select all", Right click again then hit "Delete."

IMG_3853.JPG

Right click on the message, hit "Select all", Right click again then hit "Delete."
Oh, I can do that. The issue is that even if I delete it, when I try to reply to another post on the thread, it's back again.

View attachment 119072
What do you do to get that window to come up?

I usually just highlight and cut the text from the reply box...

Oh, I can do that. The issue is that even if I delete it, when I try to reply to another post on the thread, it's back again.
I know that but just delete it again and then reply.

OK --- This bugged the heck out of me also. Nothing more embarrassing than having a previous reply included in a Mod Message when you didn't intend it to be there. So I experimented a bit..

You're right. Even if you delete and reload the page it comes back. Comes back if you delete and change pages and then come back to THAT PAGE... It's a feature to make it PURPOSELY HARD for you to lose a "draft post".

But there is this little button I never paid attention to in the Tool Bar for post edits. It's to the right of the "Insert" (quoteboxes, strike-thrus, etc) and is a blue "letter" icon. It allows you to "Delete Draft". When you DO THAT -- it appears that it removes the "memory" of what you stored in "reply quotes". So then if you delete it -- it SEEMS to stay gone. Try it. Lemme know if it works.

OK --- This bugged the heck out of me also. Nothing more embarrassing than having a previous reply included in a Mod Message when you didn't intend it to be there. So I experimented a bit..

You're right. Even if you delete and reload the page it comes back. Comes back if you delete and change pages and then come back to THAT PAGE... It's a feature to make it PURPOSELY HARD for you to lose a "draft post".

But there is this little button I never paid attention to in the Tool Bar for post edits. It's to the right of the "Insert" (quoteboxes, strike-thrus, etc) and is a blue "letter" icon. It allows you to "Delete Draft". When you DO THAT -- it appears that it removes the "memory" of what you stored in "reply quotes". So then if you delete it -- it SEEMS to stay gone. Try it. Lemme know if it works.

:udaman:

Oh c'mon Aye -- It was a lucky guess. A gorilla would have figured out eventually...

Oh c'mon Aye -- It was a lucky guess. A gorilla would have figured out eventually...

What I put was better than saying what you just did. :badgrin:

I have found that once you click on "reply" then you MUST post it.

You can turn around and "delete" it right way too, if you want however.

• I am on Verizon Samsung tablet. No mouse. Android. I am in reply mode now. Almost all the buttons top of reply window do not work? I will try to find it on Windows PC someday. I think I know what Joe says. I think I been diong Hoss method when mouse. Tablet is better for reading than replying......I touch any button now.......it acts like right-click in text box. Very small edit area.........not worth it.

Last edited:

So that what that is for, it's not like we get a manual for operation with this toy..

Thanks, I will try to find that and give it a try.

Forum List

Back