Is There A Way to Block Some On Our Personal Message Board?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
If I throw someone on ignore, are they blocked from posting on my personal site?

I have a troll, though I'm loathed to use ignore, if it will do it, I will.

I think the only way you can do it is to allow messages from your contacts and/or friends.

I didn't 'allow' or add this person to friends. Can I block, by throwing him on ignore? I'd rather not, but if it keeps him from contacting me via home page, ok, I will.
I don't think so. There's a setting somewhere where you only allow messages to be posted by friends or contacts but I can't find it, maybe it got deleted with the new format. Or I'm remembering wrong and you can either block visitor messages or allow them. I usually just delete the annoying messages.

I have the same problem, actually. I negrepped an individual for personally attacking me without cause, and they felt the need to send me a harassing PM and re-post my rep comment on the board.

I have the same problem, actually. I negrepped an individual for personally attacking me without cause, and they felt the need to send me a harassing PM and re-post my rep comment on the board.

Posting rep comments on the board is against the rules. You can be banned.

Would it still constitute some variety of harassment, in conjunction with the unsolicited and antagonistic private message and unwarranted and unprovoked personal attacks?

If you tell Agna you're 45 instead of 14, he'll leave you alone.

When you get messages you don't like, I don't know about blocking them initially, but you can delete them. It's what Agna does with the ones he doesn't like.

Also, if someone is harassing you, report it. If you've asked them to leave you alone, and they continue, it's considered harassment if it's in the way of private messages.

If I throw someone on ignore, are they blocked from posting on my personal site?

I have a troll, though I'm loathed to use ignore, if it will do it, I will.

you can go into your CP, choose "edit options" and then you can limit your visitor messages and PM to your contacts and mods only.

Also, if someone is harassing you, report it. If you've asked them to leave you alone, and they continue, it's considered harassment if it's in the way of private messages.

If the poster won't leave you alone forward the harassing pms to a mod.

If you tell Agna you're 45 instead of 14, he'll leave you alone.

When you get messages you don't like, I don't know about blocking them initially, but you can delete them. It's what Agna does with the ones he doesn't like.

ROFL...

Oh THAT was brilliantly COLD...

LOVED IT!

Forum List

Back