Is there a rule against PM'ing a PM?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I know it is against board rules to post, or apparently even vaguely allude to a PM in public. But what about sharing the contents of a PM via PM, with one's peeps? Is that against board rules?

Hype-pathetically speaking, if someone sends you a PM that is so ridiculously whiny and hypocritical that keeping it to yourself seems almost criminal, is it ok to pass it along in private to others that you think will find it equally amusing?

I know it is against board rules to post, or apparently even vaguely allude to a PM in public. But what about sharing the contents of a PM via PM, with one's peeps? Is that against board rules?

Hype-pathetically speaking, if someone sends you a PM that is so ridiculously whiny and hypocritical that keeping it to yourself seems almost criminal, is it ok to pass it along in private to others that you think will find it equally amusing?

No. Just don't "hint at" the contents in any way in public. Other than that, do whatever makes you feel good.

Unless someone says something, there really is no way for us to know. We do not track PMs, and contrary to the beliefs of some, we cannot read PMs, and don't possess the software required to do so.

It is not against any rule to forward PMs to admins/mods; especially, if there is a complaint involved.

There is currently not a rule prohibiting members ffrom forwarding PMs to other members (3rd parties); however, there CAN be. I only say that because what with the zeal in which you do anything, I fully expect complaints up the ass in my inbox as a result.

Ethically, IMO, it is not right. They are PRIVATE messages for a reason.

Unless someone says something, there really is no way for us to know. We do not track PMs, and contrary to the beliefs of some, we cannot read PMs, and don't possess the software required to do so.

It is not against any rule to forward PMs to admins/mods; especially, if there is a complaint involved.

There is currently not a rule prohibiting members ffrom forwarding PMs to other members (3rd parties); however, there CAN be. I only say that because what with the zeal in which you do anything, I fully expect complaints up the ass in my inbox as a result.

Ethically, IMO, it is not right. They are PRIVATE messages for a reason.

Manifold and ethics? Please....

Manifold and ethics? Please....

Just because he has yet to display any that we've actually seen, and can verify, that doesn't mean he doesn't actually possess any. They could be well hidden for all we know, and he simply gets off on people thinking he's an utter ass.

• Banned
Just because he has yet to display any that we've actually seen, and can verify, that doesn't mean he doesn't actually possess any. They could be well hidden for all we know, and he simply gets off on people thinking he's an utter ass.

And then some!

you've captured his essence in one sentence.

Just for the record, and you can quote me...

I manifold, am a repository of moral goodness. :)

Forum List

Back