Is there a potential Republican Candidate for Prez 2012 that anyone's excited about?

No Republican Governor from Texas or anyone with the last name Bush will get elected President anytime soon.

Good luck if the GOP picks Palin. I'm somewhat Independent, but as of 2007, I was solidly in the court of any Democrat will do after Bush. Obama was my preference over Clinton for a lot of reasons. One of them is she could have unified the Republican Party like nobody else.

The opposite can be said for Palin in 2012. A whole bunch of people realize this already, which is why I think she has a minimal chance of being the nominee. She would unify the Democratic Party and most Independents unlike anyone else. If there was a Presidential election and it was Palin against Democrat X. The Democrat would win every time. 60+% of the country doesn't consider her a credible candidate. That won't change no matter how much the other 30-40% like her.

As much as I love Sarah, and believe she's right on most issues, I'm objective enough to admit you're right. She also cost us the Senate, although I know that wasn't her intention. This is why I wanna see her as V.P. nominee again, while I believe her still unready for the Presidency, I still want her in the White House.

You may also be right bout Perry, but that's BS if true. Perry is showing himself to be more capable than GWB in almost every field, the baggage he'd have to deal with just cuz of the state he runs in unfair.
She needs some time in the senate or congress......Needs to nail down foreign policy.....As much as I like her, she's years away.

Right now, put Romney up with Christie as his running mate.

No Republican Governor from Texas or anyone with the last name Bush will get elected President anytime soon.

Good luck if the GOP picks Palin. I'm somewhat Independent, but as of 2007, I was solidly in the court of any Democrat will do after Bush. Obama was my preference over Clinton for a lot of reasons. One of them is she could have unified the Republican Party like nobody else.

The opposite can be said for Palin in 2012. A whole bunch of people realize this already, which is why I think she has a minimal chance of being the nominee. She would unify the Democratic Party and most Independents unlike anyone else. If there was a Presidential election and it was Palin against Democrat X. The Democrat would win every time. 60+% of the country doesn't consider her a credible candidate. That won't change no matter how much the other 30-40% like her.

As much as I love Sarah, and believe she's right on most issues, I'm objective enough to admit you're right. She also cost us the Senate, although I know that wasn't her intention. This is why I wanna see her as V.P. nominee again, while I believe her still unready for the Presidency, I still want her in the White House.

You may also be right bout Perry, but that's BS if true. Perry is showing himself to be more capable than GWB in almost every field, the baggage he'd have to deal with just cuz of the state he runs in unfair.
She needs some time in the senate or congress......Needs to nail down foreign policy.....As much as I like her, she's years away.

I agree with you on Sarah.

I have never really warmed to Romney cuz he aint conservative enough for me really....and I know this is kinda ignorant but the Mormon thing disturbs me.

I think Romney is the only one who can appeal to a wide constituency without much of the "flake" factor

Christie would be good, but I doubt if Romney would pick a Republican from the Northeast. Marco Rubio might have broader appeal

Romney-Rubio could be a potentially challenging ticket. Romney with his economic chops and ties to Michigan and New Hampshire. Rubio with ties to the tea party, Hispanics, and Florida.

That ticket could have potential if Obama is weak in 2012. I don't think the GOP is that smart.

Romney-Rubio could be a potentially challenging ticket. Romney with his economic chops and ties to Michigan and New Hampshire. Rubio with ties to the tea party, Hispanics, and Florida.

That ticket could have potential if Obama is weak in 2012. I don't think the GOP is that smart.

They will throw all of their electable candidates (Romney, Huckabee) under the bus and run one of their flakes as a candidate

The curse of the RINO will be their undoing

As a supporter I like all the conversation of Rubio
I can't help but wonder if he isn't still too new to the big stage.
I don't think I could stomach witnessing Charlie vie for seat so soon if Marco was to vacate it. :D

I don't think I could stomach witnessing Charlie vie for seat so soon if Marco was to vacate it. :D

I think Rubio would do well as a VP candidate. Sort of a Dan Quayle/Sarah Palin with a brain

Give him much needed national exposure for a future run

I think Rubio would do well as a VP candidate. Sort of a Dan Quayle/Sarah Palin with a brain

This is in reply to both you and Hortysir. He has not even sat for a minute in his senate seat. We really know nothing at all about what he will do or how he will perform in office. I can just hear the Democrats now. Suddenly experience is going to matter to them.

I would prefer that we give Marco some time in office before we start throwing his name in the ring as a presidential candidate.

Immie

This is in reply to both you and Hortysir. He has not even sat for a minute in his senate seat. We really know nothing at all about what he will do or how he will perform in office. I can just hear the Democrats now. Suddenly experience is going to matter to them.

I would prefer that we give Marco some time in office before we start throwing his name in the ring as a presidential candidate or even as a VP Candidate.

Immie

I would prefer that we give Marco some time in office before we start throwing his name in the ring as a presidential candidate.

Immie
He's no stranger to the political arena.
He was a county commissioner under Martinez back when he was mayor of Miami.
A state rep for a time before being elected by his peers as speaker of our state house.
I do agree it's too soon for the national stage, though

Forum List

Back