Is There A Perfect Person

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
who can explain to me why obamalama is punishing the banks who have paid back their debts with interest by taxing bonus money paid to their executives?? Why punish the ones who have done the right thing? Why wouldn't he tax the person receiving the bonus? Why doesent he include GM when he shouts in perfect pitch "I want our money back."

An imperfect mind is clearly curious.. it doesn't know what the perfect people know..

Because GM is now owned by the unions, which support Obama. And because banks poll very low in public opinion so they make good targets for abuse and confiscation.
Whoever says Obama doesn't pay attention to polls is either lying or oblivious. Possibly both.

who can explain to me why obamalama is punishing the banks who have paid back their debts with interest by taxing bonus money paid to their executives?? Why punish the ones who have done the right thing? Why wouldn't he tax the person receiving the bonus? Why doesent he include GM when he shouts in perfect pitch "I want our money back."

An imperfect mind is clearly curious.. it doesn't know what the perfect people know..

Stupid liberals (and there is a plethora of them) believe banks to be evil. :lol::lol::lol: Liberals are dumb.

Stupid liberals (and there is a plethora of them) believe banks to be evil. :lol::lol::lol: Liberals are dumb.

you gotta get with the program.. liberals are perfect.. they know everything there is to know. they have cornered the markets on know all ed ness, morality, compassion,, and perfectedness.

Willow...willow. You're rising in the ranks of my favorite mental patient.

Have you only just now discovered forum boards? Surely you, in your infinite wisdom, will admit there are people on both sides who think they know everything? I'm sure you wont...I'm sure you think "all liberals are teh devul. All republicans = patr33iots!" Or will be be level-headed and concede there are bad apples on both sides?

Myself, I'm a centrist. I dont think either "side" has it right. I'd rather go with the ideas that work best, not a side that I've decided to be on based on Ann Coulter's short skirt or Obama's new hip hotness.

As for punishing the banks...yes some of them should be punished. Any bank who had anything to do with selling these exremely risky mortgage bundles SHOULD be punished for taking risks that were soooooo outside the realm of calculated, reasonable risk that it brought an entire country into depression. NPR played an excerpt from the investigation where the CEO from Goldman Sachs admitted that they were even betting against the securities that they were propping the country up with. Not just a hedge fund with a smart counterbalance to equity securities - but actively creating instruments that had an equal opportunity to fail as they did to succeed (or worse) - and trying to make money on the failure too.

Someone should go to jail for that.

Willow...willow. You're rising in the ranks of my favorite mental patient.

Have you only just now discovered forum boards? Surely you, in your infinite wisdom, will admit there are people on both sides who think they know everything? I'm sure you wont...I'm sure you think "all liberals are teh devul. All republicans = patr33iots!" Or will be be level-headed and concede there are bad apples on both sides?

Myself, I'm a centrist. I dont think either "side" has it right. I'd rather go with the ideas that work best, not a side that I've decided to be on based on Ann Coulter's short skirt or Obama's new hip hotness.

As for punishing the banks...yes some of them should be punished. Any bank who had anything to do with selling these exremely risky mortgage bundles SHOULD be punished for taking risks that were soooooo outside the realm of calculated, reasonable risk that it brought an entire country into depression. NPR played an excerpt from the investigation where the CEO from Goldman Sachs admitted that they were even betting against the securities that they were propping the country up with. Not just a hedge fund with a smart counterbalance to equity securities - but actively creating instruments that had an equal opportunity to fail as they did to succeed (or worse) - and trying to make money on the failure too.

Someone should go to jail for that.

I only know that the perfect people are in charge,, they know everything. Being the imperfect person I am I am finding it most difficult to understand why the lead perfect person would punish a bank that has returned all the money it borrowed with interest.. I'm just too imperfect and dumb to understand the wisdom of that kind of punishment..

Really? Really. You're taking your ball and going home? You're going to post the same "perfect" drivel over and over instead of discussing the issues? You're wasting everyone's time.

Really? Really. You're taking your ball and going home? You're going to post the same "perfect" drivel over and over instead of discussing the issues? You're wasting everyone's time.

That's just the perfect response.. Yes it is.. :clap2:

My EOTS explaination for this is that if the banks pay back the TARP the government no longer can excercise any control over those banks.

Obama and his administration WANT control over the banking industry so the banks paying it back screw up his plans.....so he punishes them for it.

Or its that those corporate fat cats (Jeffery Immelt who is one of his advisors or the myriad of lobbysits and CEOs in his administration) deserve it because they are too wealthy already.

Last edited:

My EOTS explaination for this is that if the banks pay back the TARP the government no longer can excercise any control over those banks.

Obama and his administration WANT control over the banking industry so the banks paying it back screw up his plans.....so he punishes them for it.

Or its that those corporate fat cats (Jeffery Immelt who is one of his advisors or the myriad of lobbysits and CEOs in his administration) deserve it because they are too wealthy already.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Imperfect.. go to your room!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Imperfect.. go to your room!

Hangs head low and sits on bed crying

:D

We are everyone imperfect.

It is part of your religion if you are a Christian.

not libtards.. libtards know everything, when you can or cannot have a point, perfect in ethics, morality, compassion and most of all in their perfectedness..

If we use your philosophy, Republicants are the only people who can talk about family values. Only republicans are the leaders and only sole defenders of family values.

Let's take a few steps back. We had Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae created for the purpose of ensuring "equal housing at affordable rates" ... even if the people couldn't afford to make the mortgage payments. They had a RIGHT to own a home. We ALL have the right to own a home, but if we can't afford a downpayment or the subsequent mortgage payments then we need to stay where we are until we're more financially secure and able to meet these obligations.

Then we had all the news about how ACORN was highly involved with FM/FM and started harassing banks ... going to the homes of banking officials and threatening them and scaring the shit out of their families over what would happen if they did not make their banks lend out money for unstable loans that were going to ultimately default in one way or another.

Then we have Barney Frank up to his eyeballs in the whole fiasco saying, "FM/FM are stable! We're safe! No problems!"

Then Paulson (who was high up in the ranks at Goldman Sachs) along with Bernake of the Federal Reserve and Tim Geitner who headed up the NY Federal Reserve suddenly popped up screaming "We didn't know! We didn't know! We're in a financial disaster!" The hell they didn't know. Barney Frank knew.

But let's put that aside and blame the banks who got bailed out whether or not they wanted or needed to be - some of which have repaid their bailout money. The banks are not entirely at fault for this mess. There's plenty of blame to be spread around. And the quicker we get the overbearing government involvement in our lives reduced and/or done away with, the better off we're going to be. There is no excuse, rhyme or reason why this country has to have this burgeorning, overextended, maneating, out of control government that is totally FUBAR. Nobody knows their head from their ass or whether they even have their own head or ass or they're sporting someone else's head or ass on their body. All these overemployed, underperforming agencies and agencies and more agencies are not necessary. None of them work hand in hand with each other so that they all know what's going on. Our laws do not have to be 12,000,000 pages of legal bull shit covering 1000s of hidden "deals," "pork barrel specials" to make this country work like a well-oiled machine.

Let's not be tricked into believing what we're being fed.

As my ex used to say as he tapped his finger to his head, "Kidneys, baby! Kidneys!"

Although, in his case, it turns out he was right.

Forum List

Back