Is There A Media Bias?

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Why no.......not at all......why do you ask? :eusa_whistle:

The leftist bias of the New York Times beautifully encapsulated in seven words used about a week before two presidential elections. Headline over Saturday’s editorial on the third quarter GDP creeping up to 2.0 percent under Democrat Barack Obama: “Slow but Steady Improvement.” Headline twenty years ago (October 29, 1992) when Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush was in the White House and the third quarter GDP nearly doubled to 2.7 percent: “Gross National Letdown.”

Read more: NY Times Called Bush

You won't find any headlines in mainstream which say 'Unemployment Rate Up' today.

They all just lead with the job 'increases.'

Anytime the rate drops, they have headlines which say 'Unemployment Rate Drops to ___"

It is pure bias to protect their Messiah@.

you guys are great. Just stop and ask yourselves..."what could I be doing that is worth while right now?".
Instead of bitching about the same media bias you've been bitching about for years. You could say "Hey, I could start my own media outlet exercising my capitalistic rights, to combat the leftist media,".
But then you think, "Nah... that would require that I actually practice what I preach to others. guess I'll go back to useless bitching."

Is this basically it?

you guys are great. Just stop and ask yourselves..."what could I be doing that is worth while right now?".
Instead of bitching about the same media bias you've been bitching about for years. You could say "Hey, I could start my own media outlet exercising my capitalistic rights, to combat the leftist media,".
But then you think, "Nah... that would require that I actually practice what I preach to others. guess I'll go back to useless bitching."

Is this basically it?

Educating people. I know I do any chance I can. I know people who truly live by the MSM political offerings, both TV and newspaper. Learning to be a critical consumer of news is what everyone but the most partisan hacks should be doing.

Is this basically it?

You didn't answer the question. I don't blame you.

Last edited:
Why no.......not at all......why do you ask? :eusa_whistle:

The leftist bias of the New York Times beautifully encapsulated in seven words used about a week before two presidential elections. Headline over Saturday’s editorial on the third quarter GDP creeping up to 2.0 percent under Democrat Barack Obama: “Slow but Steady Improvement.” Headline twenty years ago (October 29, 1992) when Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush was in the White House and the third quarter GDP nearly doubled to 2.7 percent: “Gross National Letdown.”

Read more: NY Times Called Bush

I see I beat the crowd to this thread.

Every Democrat understands that they have to run both against the Republicans and the media. So yes, there's obviously a strong right-wing bias in the media. What do you expect? Every national media outlet is owned by very conservative megacorporations. Of course they're going to skew conservative.

Every Democrat understands that they have to run both against the Republicans and the media. So yes, there's obviously a strong right-wing bias in the media. What do you expect? Every national media outlet is owned by very conservative megacorporations. Of course they're going to skew conservative.

Does the first post and the link offered reflect this right wing bias in the media?

The first post is a red herring, as it cherrypicks wildly and tries to compare two wildly different eras and economic conditions.

Watched the media lately, and their increasingly comical attempts to declare the election is tied? Obama being a little ahead is always reported as a tie, but when Romney was ahead by the same amount, that was Romney's unstoppable momentum.

Last edited:

Were you born retarded or did you suffer a head trauma later in life.......or are you just a liar?

The first post is a red herring, as it cherrypicks wildly and tries to compare two wildly different eras and economic conditions.

Watched the media lately, and their increasingly comical attempts to declare the election is tied? Obama being a little ahead is always reported as a tie, but when Romney was ahead by the same amount, that was Romney's unstoppable momentum.

So the different headlines about GDP is only because of the time period of the reporting? Really? That is how you address this all too obvious media spin on the same topic?

GDP creeping up to headline twenty years ago (October 29, 1992) when Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush was in the White House and the third quarter GDP nearly doubled to 2.7 percent: “Gross National Letdown.”

GDP creeping up to 2.0 percent under Democrat Barack Obama: “Slow but Steady Improvement

When your best and only evidence is a single cherrypicked comment from 1992, that's proof of how pathetic your "liberal media!" claim is.

Y'all might want to explain how all those extremely conservative corporations which own the national media are secretly a bunch of liberals. And then explain my current example of the wild differences in how the national media reports on poll results.

When your best and only evidence is a single cherrypicked comment from 1992, that's proof of how pathetic your "liberal media!" claim is.

Y'all might want to explain how all those extremely conservative corporations which own the national media are secretly a bunch of liberals. And then explain my current example of the wild differences in how the national media reports on poll results.

I and others could fill threads up with media bias and often do. Can you address this one and even admit it does reflect a bias or not?

Last edited:

I'd laugh except that I realize you are serious.

Forum List

Back