Is There A Link Between Religious Affiliation And Activism?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
My impression of most activists on at least moral-type issues is they're Christian. Assuming this is true, is it linked to Christian habits of actively seeking converts (and thus seeking to make non-Christians conform to Christian practices and beliefs?)

The German incest thread in Current Events think it is raised the question. I'm Jewish and don't care one way or the other what other people do when having sex. I don't care who marries whom either. I don't typically care much about issues involving the right or desired right of other people, especially if I have no actual involvement with the issue in question. Is this because Judaism forbids seeking or even encouraging conversion? As opposed to Christians who seem to involve themselves a great deal in the rights-issues of others just as they do when seeking them to convert?

See it in the gay marriage debate as well. Mostly Christians offering their opinions based on Christian ideology when against it. But other religions, are largely silent.

Are proselytizing religions more likely to involve themselves in political debates and moral-debate issues than non-proselytizing faiths?

My impression of most activists on at least moral-type issues is they're Christian. Assuming this is true, is it linked to Christian habits of actively seeking converts (and thus seeking to make non-Christians conform to Christian practices and beliefs?)

The German incest thread in Current Events think it is raised the question. I'm Jewish and don't care one way or the other what other people do when having sex. I don't care who marries whom either. I don't typically care much about issues involving the right or desired right of other people, especially if I have no actual involvement with the issue in question. Is this because Judaism forbids seeking or even encouraging conversion? As opposed to Christians who seem to involve themselves a great deal in the rights-issues of others just as they do when seeking them to convert?

See it in the gay marriage debate as well. Mostly Christians offering their opinions based on Christian ideology when against it. But other religions, are largely silent.

Are proselytizing religions more likely to involve themselves in political debates and moral-debate issues than non-proselytizing faiths?

Quite the opposite. The most politically active Christian denominations are the liberal ones. By the way, what is the Jewish view of sexual perversion?

Most of the activists screeching for open borders, queer marriage and the sex education via masturbation classes for 5 year olds are progressives, not Christians.

Maybe creepy doesn't know what activism means.

Forum List

Back