Is there a libertarian approach to poverty that *doesn't* come down to "just stop being poor"?

The leap from Jefferson's abhorrence of tyranny to the assumption that his preference was for anarchy is ridiculous.

dear, if I said his preference was for anarchy I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away with your liberal strawman tail between your legs.

believed that government and liberty were opposites show that you haven't read much of Jefferson's works.

dear, how stupid are you?? The Constitution gives us liberty from liberal govt. Did you think they gave us freedom of speech because they thought the Girl Scouts might take our freedom of speech away??

Let your education begin:

Thomas Jefferson:
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor (read-taxes) and bread it has earned -- 18)this is the sum of good government.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is.

I own that I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Forum List

Back