Is there a heaven?

Is there a knowing, good, caring, and all-powerful God?

• Total voters
If you want to believe in the magic man in the sky who rules over paradise in the clouds then feel free. But please don't leave out the mermaids and unicorns. They have feelings too.

You can't believe in a creator but you can believe that non-living matter just poof, became living matter.

That living matter became a cell, and that cell over came every mathematical impossibility to evolve in to every living organism on this planet. A unicorn and mermaid does not seem like such a stretch if we consider all the creatures that lived on this earth.

Oh and let's not forget that a non-intelligent non-thinking natural process brought forth intelligence.

:eusa_angel:

Making up the man in the sky because we do not understand exactly how the universe or people came to be is not an answer to those questions.

I am not so arrogant that I can't say that we may never understand some things in the universe just as my dog will never understand algebra. The brain is a physical organ and has its limitations just as all organs do.

Where would we be without that organ ? or any of them for that matter.

It's incredible to me that people can believe that the universe, with it's 100 billion plus galaxies, each galaxy with 100 billion plus stars, was designed with them in mind. If you want to come to understand just how insignificant, yet powerful, your existence is, take a look at a picture taken by the Hubble telescope called the Deep Field. The truth that is contained within that picture is more profound and moving than anything contained within man made mythology. Stars died so that we could have life, and that's the truth.

Heaven is individual to each person. MY heaven has no people. Just animals. Those I knew and loved and passed on, those of others who had nobody.

You can't believe in a creator but you can believe that non-living matter just poof, became living matter.

That living matter became a cell, and that cell over came every mathematical impossibility to evolve in to every living organism on this planet. A unicorn and mermaid does not seem like such a stretch if we consider all the creatures that lived on this earth.

Oh and let's not forget that a non-intelligent non-thinking natural process brought forth intelligence.

:eusa_angel:

Making up the man in the sky because we do not understand exactly how the universe or people came to be is not an answer to those questions.

I am not so arrogant that I can't say that we may never understand some things in the universe just as my dog will never understand algebra. The brain is a physical organ and has its limitations just as all organs do.

Where would we be without that organ ? or any of them for that matter.

That has nothing to do with the magic man in the sky does it?

Maybe you should have a chat with a local preacher in the church of your choice in your area. He can help you work out all of these issues. There is a God and he loves you.
Tell that to the millions he supposedly drowned back when.

God did not drown everyone overnight or instantly in the flood.
The people had 100 years of warning before the flood came and still they would not repent of their sins and believe that God would bring a flood.
They had more than a fair amount of time to stop their killing of each other and boasting about it, but they would not do it.

Maybe you should have a chat with a local preacher in the church of your choice in your area. He can help you work out all of these issues. There is a God and he loves you.

The man in the sky has killed millions and not just by drowning if you believe the bible that is.

The very same exact thing is happing right now.
The prophesies of old have come true. That the word of God must be preached to the whole world and that Israel would become a nation again.
Revelation is happing right before our very eyes and still the people will not believe.
The Bible says - so as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end times.
People were killing each other then and people are killing each other now.
People were boasting of what they had done (me, me ,me attitude) back then so are they doing it now.
The people back then refused to believe, just as they are doing now.

I grew up a Christian under my parents' care.
After I left home I became agnostic - leaning a little bit toward being an atheist.
I've read and re-read the Bible with an analytical and skeptical view.
I wanted to satisfy myself with the notion that the Bible is in error - with many instances of inconsistency and absurdity (if read literally). I found what I was looking for.

Yet, now as I approach 45, I begin to wonder if there is more to life than death.
Oh, I have had a nice life so far: a reasonably comfortable, typical, middle-class life.
I have a quaint home, a good wife, a challenging (but not back-breaking) job/career.
I have led a reasonably ethical life and I have some good friends and no enemies.
I'm reasonably content but sort of want more out of life.

Is there a God?
Does this God know and care about me?
Is he all powerful, merciful, and good?

I still wonder.

Well there's ONLY one way to know for sure.

You first!

The man in the sky has killed millions and not just by drowning if you believe the bible that is.

The very same exact thing is happing right now.
The prophesies of old have come true. That the word of God must be preached to the whole world and that Israel would become a nation again.
Revelation is happing right before our very eyes and still the people will not believe.
The Bible says - so as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end times.
People were killing each other then and people are killing each other now.
People were boasting of what they had done (me, me ,me attitude) back then so are they doing it now.
The people back then refused to believe, just as they are doing now.

You religious wackos have been preaching the end of the world for a millennium or more and haven't been right yet.

Forum List

Back