Is There a "Google Maps Street View" of Your House?

There was one of mine. I requested that it be removed, and now it is gone.
I don't believe you, unless you have jumped through all these hoops. And I do not believe that you have.

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

1. Provide your legal name.

2. Provide your e-mail address.

3. Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

4. Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

5. Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

6. Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to [email protected] within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.

Regards,

The Google Team

This isn't how it works. But thanks for sharing.
Yes. It is. That's from Google, and those are their requirements.

I knew you were just talking out your ass again.

Interestingly enough, even though Google trucks came through Amarillo, when I looked up the street level view of where I live, the house they showed was roughly 3/4 of a block down the road from where I actually am.

Google Earth maps of Amarillo are off by quite a bit when it comes to my street.

I'm going to be moving...I like to use Google Street view and Google Earth to look at potential houses and properties.

It's nice to know if you neighbor is a scrap metal processor.

There is one house that I found on the internet that looked pretty nice at a tremendous price. I looked at the aerial and the property looked nice...but a quartermile down the road, I noticed a large clearing. I soon found out it was the town landfill and transfer station.

I've done this myself, so I know you're on the level. Buuuuuut... I don't know... I'm not sure I believe you... :lol:

Interestingly enough, even though Google trucks came through Amarillo, when I looked up the street level view of where I live, the house they showed was roughly 3/4 of a block down the road from where I actually am.

Google Earth maps of Amarillo are off by quite a bit when it comes to my street.

You mean that when you entered your address, it showed a house that far away?

Could be. But a lot of the views also have the zoom feature, and you can see the number on a house as well.

I'm going to be moving...I like to use Google Street view and Google Earth to look at potential houses and properties.

There is one house that I found on the internet that looked pretty nice at a tremendous price. I looked at the aerial and the property looked nice...but a quartermile down the road, I noticed a large clearing. I soon found out it was the town landfill and transfer station.

I've done this myself, so I know you're on the level. Buuuuuut... I don't know... I'm not sure I believe you... :lol:

You're not sure of what?

That I've used Google Street view or Google Maps?

Or that a house I was looking at was on a street with a landfill?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Here's the proof:

15 Graham Road, Brunswick, ME - MLS# 986366 - Victorian, Farmhouse - Single Family Home - NewEnglandMoves.com

15 Graham Road, Brunswick, ME 04011 - Google Maps

You're not sure of what?

That I've used Google Street view or Google Maps?

Or that a house I was looking at was on a street with a landfill?

Fuck it... I believe everything you say xo. I'm in a really good mood. You want to be the new President? BINGO! You're the new President man...
respect-013.gif

Here's the proof:

15 Graham Road, Brunswick, ME - MLS# 986366 - Victorian, Farmhouse - Single Family Home - NewEnglandMoves.com

15 Graham Road, Brunswick, ME 04011 - Google Maps

Well... look at the bright side. It's probably a $500,000 house but the price is reduced because of the landfill, and you'd only smell it when the wind came out of the NE... :D

Well... look at the bright side. It's probably a $500,000 house but the price is reduced because of the landfill, and you'd only smell it when the wind came out of the NE... :D

I was thinking the same thing...but I prefer to smell the landfill NEVER.

Aaaahh the sweet smell of ROTTING GARBAGE... :lol:

And those older homes, even if they have been remodeled, can be a pain in the rear to keep up.

But I agree that the street view can be handy. My sons wife is about to pop, and they're planning on going to a hospital I've never been to. So I looked it up on google maps and did the street view, and now I know right where to turn and where to park and what DOOR to go in, all without ever having been there.

Last edited:

Good thing you don't live in Amarillo. On days when the wind and the conditions are right, you can smell Hereford TX (where there is LOTS of stockyards) all 45 miles from there to here.

Or, you could live in Libby MT and smell the St. Regis papermills (smells like rotting eggs).

There was one of mine. I requested that it be removed, and now it is gone.
I don't believe you, unless you have jumped through all these hoops. And I do not believe that you have.

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

1. Provide your legal name.

2. Provide your e-mail address.

3. Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

4. Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

5. Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

6. Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to [email protected] within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.

Regards,

The Google Team

This isn't how it works. But thanks for sharing.
Boedickhead still hasn't shown us how it REALLY works, because she can't. Just another lie to add to her sizeable pile.

Want Off Street View? Google Wants Your ID and a Sworn Statement — UPDATE: Google Gives | Threat Level | Wired.com

Forum List

Back