Is the Victoria Secret Lingerie show appropriate for TV?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Watching gorgeous women bounce around in their underwear is great eye candy for guys. But what does it say to young girls and women when the measure of beauty is being able to fit into a 10 year old's underwear size? Girls are under enough pressure from their friends and guys to be thin. Do they need to see that? IMO it should not be on TV.

Its a little like NASCAR where you are waiting for one of them to crash.

Part indoor Mardi Gras parade.

They make millions, shouldn't we idolize them like sports stars?

You don't watch a lot of cable stations do you?

That said, there were better shows on and I watched one of them instead.

Watching gorgeous women bounce around in their underwear is great eye candy for guys. But what does it say to young girls and women when the measure of beauty is being able to fit into a 10 year old's underwear size? Girls are under enough pressure from their friends and guys to be thin. Do they need to see that? IMO it should not be on TV.
If it wasn't on TV, those who love to watch such stuff would then complain, so all that a parent can do is make sure that their kids know that what they think of themselves is what should matter most if anyone else's opinion has to matter at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the most important opinion is the Lord's opinion, but of course that may be another conversation for another time.

It says eat all your dinner or you will look like a skinny little tweaker who wares tomuch make up..

Are you joking? The country already decided what message they want to send to young girls and women when they put Trump in the White House.

It is more tasteful than playboy television. Watch whatever the fuck you want, and suppress your inner nazi.

Are any kids still watching TV?

I get your point, but with the internet, this is somewhat moot anymore.

When a show like that is on prime time and a teenage girl sees it, she goes right into her room and looks at herself and says "I'm fat and ugly". That's my point. If you want to laugh at that and claim I'm a Nazi, go ahead. I don't think it's appropriate for that reason. I don't have daughters but I have nieces that are size 4 or 6 that starve themselves because of pressure to be be skinny.

When a show like that is on prime time and a teenage girl sees it, she goes right into her room and looks at herself and says "I'm fat and ugly". That's my point. If you want to laugh at that and claim I'm a Nazi, go ahead. I don't think it's appropriate for that reason. I don't have daughters but I have nieces that are size 4 or 6 that starve themselves because of pressure to be be skinny.

Dude, the person just elected doesn't imply women are ugly...he says it out right. Now? You have a problem?

Are you joking? The country already decided what message they want to send to young girls and women when they put Trump in the White House.
Think he'll entice any young unpaid interns to blow him in the Oval Office, or is that just something dimocrat presidents do?

Forum List

Back