Is the US National Soccer Program dying?

Honestly, it's not America's sport. It doesn't pay or have the fame of MLB, Football or baseball, (or tennis, golf, hockey, nascar...). So while in other countries, the elite athletes gravitate towards soccer, in the US they move to other sports.

We dominate in womens soccer because we strongly support female sports unlike many other countries.

And I'm fine with that being the state of the game in the US.

which is WHY it is so funny that baseball is dying as much as soccer is in the states.:abgg2q.jpg: the sport that USED to to be considered for so many decades to be amwericas favorite pro sport.:abgg2q.jpg:

It's been passed as America's favorite sport. I think because the game is slow and doesn't translate as well on TV as basketball and the NFL. But 16 straight years of rising revenue isn't dying.

3.6 bil in revenue in 2002. 10.3 billion today

as long as it is generating money like that,then they wont care about all the empty seats.LOL

The US Women's team has won the World Cup in back to back years. I think the OP is obviously clueless.

WHEN the USWNT fails to make the final round of the FIFA Women’s World Cup

And

WHEN the USMNT fails to get out of the qualification round of the Gold Cup

Can we then all agree that the US Soccer Federation (USSF) is not capable of making the US National teams viable and get legislation passed through Congress and signed into law to forbid the USSF from presenting themselves as the “National teams” of the United States?

The USSF programs have shown themselves to be unable to construct sufficiently dominant teams (at all levels of competition) to be worthy of representing the United States of America in International competitions. They no longer deserve to be allowed to denigrate the name and colors of the United States with their incompetence and lack of success.

"WHEN the USWNT fails to make the final round of the FIFA Women’s World Cup"?
Not "If", but "When". You sounded so sure. Then the USWNT not only made the final round, but won the World Cup. For the second year in a row.

So how about now? Has the USSF program proven themselves able to construct sufficiently dominant teams??

Since January of 2019, the USWNT outscored their opponents 47-13.

In World Cup play, they outscored their opponents 26-3. That is against the best teams in the world. The scored more than 8x the points that their World Cup opponents did. And you were saying something about "WHEN the USWNT fails to make the final round of the FIFA Women’s World Cup"??

O, for God's sake...the Rest of the World doesn't GIVE A SHIT about womens' soccer! It has the same importance in Germany, France, etc., as men's soccer does here. The national teams are a ragtag bunch of recreating dykes whose only fans are their relations and close friends.

It's nice that our gals won (better than losing, I suppose), but don't imagine it's all that significant, in the Big Picture.

So how about now? Has the USSF program proven themselves able to construct sufficiently dominant teams??

No it has not...

The USWNT still fields TRAITORS to our nation and got scored on three times in the seven games they played. They scored half their goals for the tournament in one game. Where were the double digit scoring lines in the other six games?

The USMNT still has no set lineup and roster. They struggle to score against average or better opponents. They aren’t running people over.

O, for God's sake...the Rest of the World doesn't GIVE A SHIT about womens' soccer! It has the same importance in Germany, France, etc., as men's soccer does here. The national teams are a ragtag bunch of recreating dykes whose only fans are their relations and close friends.

It's nice that our gals won (better than losing, I suppose), but don't imagine it's all that significant, in the Big Picture.
You know nothing....women's sports of all kinds are very popular in Europe. Many American women go there to play pro sports and get paid a LOT more to do so than they would in the USA.....in Asia too.

No it has not...

The USWNT still fields TRAITORS to our nation and got scored on three times in the seven games they played. They scored half their goals for the tournament in one game. Where were the double digit scoring lines in the other six games?

The USMNT still has no set lineup and roster. They struggle to score against average or better opponents. They aren’t running people over.
Someone who says something insulting to fat donnie (deservedly so) is not a traitor to America. One clear sign of CRC, fat donnie cult worship is when trump is considered more important than our country.

Someone who says something insulting to fat donnie (deservedly so) is not a traitor to America. One clear sign of CRC, fat donnie cult worship is when trump is considered more important than our country.

President Trump isn’t more important than the country. I’m not even a Trump supporter. He’s too slivers for my tastes.

Several of the USWNT members have been disrespectful to this country, our anthem and flag since before Donald Trump was POTUS. THAT IS TREASON so far as I am concerned. Especially while wearing a US National Team uniform and claiming to represent this nation in an international competition..

And the US men just lost the Gold Cup to.........................Mexico.

Yep... and the program should be disbanded before I wake up tomorrow morning. Those 23 players and the staff just WASTED an entire 2 months of their lives on friendlies and a tournament they lost... to a nation of gun runners, drug smugglers, murderers and rapists.

No it has not...

I don't give a shit about the politics, and that is not what the OP was about. You were whining that they were unable to construct teams that could dominate. That is obviously false.

Yes, there were games in which they struggled to score. But in 4 of the 7 games of the World Cup, the opposition did not score at all. Zip. Nada. Zero. In the other 3 games the opposition scored only 1 goal per game.

In the World Cup Competition, 3 opposing teams managed to score only 1 goal, and 4 teams did not score at all. The USWNT scored at least 2 goals in every game. Even if you throw out the 13 point blowout against Thailand, the other 6 games had the USWNT outscoring their opponents 13-3. Not sure what you are expecting. But that is a dominant team.

President Trump isn’t more important than the country. I’m not even a Trump supporter. He’s too slivers for my tastes.

Several of the USWNT members have been disrespectful to this country, our anthem and flag since before Donald Trump was POTUS. THAT IS TREASON so far as I am concerned. Especially while wearing a US National Team uniform and claiming to represent this nation in an international competition..

So you want them to win in a dominant fashion, act like respectful representatives of the country, and maybe bake cookies on their days off?

The women's team did exactly what we wanted them to do. They WON.

So you want them to win in a dominant fashion, act like respectful representatives of the country, and maybe bake cookies on their days off?

No. I want them to win in dominant fashion, rub it in the other teams face, then go back to their husbands and bake cookies for their kids.

They did what YOU wanted; not what MY expectations are.

And the US men just lost the Gold Cup to.........................Mexico.

Yep... and the program should be disbanded before I wake up tomorrow morning. Those 23 players and the staff just WASTED an entire 2 months of their lives on friendlies and a tournament they lost... to a nation of gun runners, drug smugglers, murderers and rapists.

YOu are about as ignorant as they come. The men's team made a respectable showing. Why do you demand they win it all or disband? Many of the countries competing have only soccer as major sports. In the US, the gifted athletes go where the money is, and soccer is only just becoming viable. MLB, NFL, and NBA still pay the big bucks compared to soccer.

No. I want them to win in dominant fashion, rub it in the other teams face, then go back to their husbands and bake cookies for their kids.

Your expectation are based on your own lunacy, not reality. They beat the best. I'm sure you had rather they humiliated every other team. But that is not the way sports work. Other countries have resources, athletes and coaches that train their people to win too. Just by being from the USA, should the other teams fall down and tremble in fear? You are nuts.

Oh, and if they win, these women can expect lucrative deals to sell all sorts of things. They will be too busy. Maybe their husbands can learn to bake cookies for the kids.

You are about as ignorant as they come. The men's team made a respectable showing. Why do you demand they win it all or disband? Many of the countries competing have only soccer as major sports. In the US, the gifted athletes go where the money is, and soccer is only just becoming viable. MLB, NFL, and NBA still pay the big bucks compared to soccer.

I have a simple concept... If you aren’t going to WIN, don’t bother participating. Anything less than the total victory is complete failure. If we cannot find sufficient talent to win, disband the program

Your expectation are based on your own lunacy, not reality. They beat the best. I'm sure you had rather they humiliated every other team. But that is not the way sports work. Other countries have resources, athletes and coaches that train their people to win too. Just by being from the USA, should the other teams fall down and tremble in fear? You are nuts.

Yes that Is the way sports work. I’ve been on both sides f the equation, so I can say that.,I don’t expect the other teams to roll over. I expect the US team to dominate and destroy them.

Forum List

Back