Is the TSA Necessary?

Given that there have been only 4 bomb attacks on commercial airlines since 1965, worldwide, is the TSA really all that necessary? Can we do away with the naked-body scanners and still enjoy safe flying?

Also, (for the liberal posters) are you folks generally in favor of an expanded TSA, NSA, DHS, or is there a commonality between right/left in disliking these facets of our government?

Thanks,
Joe

Airports can opt out of TSA screening.

Given that there have been only 4 bomb attacks on commercial airlines since 1965, worldwide, is the TSA really all that necessary? Can we do away with the naked-body scanners and still enjoy safe flying?

Also, (for the liberal posters) are you folks generally in favor of an expanded TSA, NSA, DHS, or is there a commonality between right/left in disliking these facets of our government?

Thanks,
Joe

Just because I haven't gotten an STD does that mean I should STOP using condoms???

Your logic ain't logical, Joe.

I am pretty sure condoms actually work. If you were actually making an accurate analogy I would be forced to point out that the Pill does not prevent STDs.

Thanks,
Joe

Bad timing. You watching the LA Airport situation?

Yes, I've been paying some attention to that. And interestingly a TSA agent WAS the gunman so the situation actually might actually be helping my case here. Let's get them out of there!

I don't fly because of TSA. The US Marines have stopped more terrorist attacks than TSA and DHS.

Forum List

Back