Is the thong dead?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Thong Underwear Trends - Wearing Thongs No Longer Trendy - Cosmopolitan

A little more than 10 years ago, the Macarena was a hit, the Rachel haircut was in, and wearing a thin strip of fabric between your butt cheeks was considered daringly sexy. Thankfully, the dance is now socially unacceptable, and those layers have grown out. But what about the thong? Although our love for it has endured, its popularity appears to be fading, and recent figures show another style is taking over. We conducted an investigation to find out how thongs went from hot to not and target the man-melting undies you must own now.

No doubt, male fans appreciate the fact that boy shorts make our asses look so amazing. Let's face it, unless you're blessed with Gisele–like DNA, it's likely that a string bisecting your backside wasn't doing your figure any favors. Most boy shorts have a seam running down the middle of the butt, which accentuates the curvature of the bum for any body, giving the illusion of a Kardashian–style keister, says Campello. And even seamless boy shorts enhance your bootyliciousness by exposing the very bottoms of your cheeks. "For a man, seeing that part of the buttocks is a great turn-on," says Daniel G. Amen, MD, author of Sex on the Brain. "His mind wants to fill in the rest of the picture."

The final thing the boy short has going on that the thong doesn't? It doesn't give you a permanent wedgie — it's actually comfortable. And can we just say boo-yah to that?

It's a thong of the past!

Welcome to Instant Rimshot

I would rather wear no panties than wear thongs.
I don't like the feeling of something up my ass crack all day...a slight wedgie if you will.
They are nothing more to me than ass floss, and you wouldn't need ass floss if you wiped good enough.

I asked Mrs. BBD to get a thong once. She laughed for 3 straight days. That ended that discussion.

I never found thongs particularly sexy.

Few people have a body good enough to pull off that look anyway.

I never found thongs particularly sexy.

Few people have a body good enough to pull off that look anyway.

Very good point.
I often wondered wtf was the sense in wearing one??
Most often I think it was just so they could wear low riding jeans and let the rest of the world see the top of the thong when they bent over or some shit.

Last edited:
Why wear something that takes time to get used to the 'feel' of? *lola* I remember being in high school and hating the styles of clothes where straps and lines were apparent. The thinner the clothes, the more difficult to wear the clownish underclothes common for that age group (back then). Pricey things were nice... but we had no extra cash for that kind of stuff... I remember going to JC Penneys and the ladies had very little I could afford, and as I purchased the better things... I STILL ended up wearing the thongs under the more pricey things because... well... the idea of 'being covered' and preserving wash for the better garments. IF thongs are cheap, they will not ever die away. IMO

Forum List

Back