Is the term TeaBagger turning into hate speech?

Hey....Tea Baggers picked their own name

The lamest name for a political party since the Know Nothings.

If you want to run around dangling tea bags from your body.....you deserve to be called a Tea Bagger
Yes, just as you picked your own name, 'shiteater' as you eat up the shit Barry serves you and beg for seconds.

Hey....Tea Baggers picked their own name

The lamest name for a political party since the Know Nothings.

If you want to run around dangling tea bags from your body.....you deserve to be called a Tea Bagger
Yes, just as you picked your own name, 'shiteater' as you eat up the shit Barry serves you and beg for seconds.

The name that was picked was the tea party in obvious reference to the last time people were feeling the anquish of taxation without representation and acted on it, The Boston Tea Party.

Then SOME PEOPLE (just like you) decided to run with this

Either way the word, by itself, isn't a problem. However, the intent behind it when used in a certain way could be considered hate speech (hate speech laws are unconstitutional but i wont get into that now).

BTW you all call the Democratic Party the democrat party as do every republican in office and in the media.

You have done this for decades now as an insult.

When you call us the Democratic Party I will call you the tea party instead of the Tea Bag party.

BTW you all call the Democratic Party the democrat party as do every republican in office and in the media.

When you call us the Democratic Party I will call you the tea party instead of the Tea Bag party.

omg, you're still whining about THAT.

I've called them the Democrat party all my life, I ain't about to change now.
and I voted for DEMOCRAT, not a "Democratic" at one time in my life. a long long long long time ago:lol:

Were you dropped on your head, several times?

☭proletarian☭;2152699 said:
Someone explain to me why we should bother respecting a group named after an act of theft, piracy, and vandalism which uses violent rhetoric and screams about settling political disputes with a Browning.

These people should be on every terrorist watchlist we have.

you can just feel the love for your fellow man and woman.

What love have you ever shown?

Its OK if you call the democratic party the democrat party but its not OK for someone to call a party that named itsself the tea bag party the TEA BAG PARTY?

You people are complaining about the tea bag party being called the tea bag party when for decades you have been calling the democratic party the democrat to insult anyone iun the party.

Why do you think anyone should listen to your whinning about what you want to be called?

Bear with me here on this one.

Most of the people who use "Teabagger" in a negative way to describe tea party protesters typically also claim its a white conservative movement in the country.

So based on the fact that it is hurtful speech directed at a people who are looked at as white, conservative, and angry at the govt is calling them "Teabaggers" hatespeach akin to other derogatory words used for various groups of people.

The tea party is also considered a specific social group so it could come under that classification also.

hate speech - Legal Definition
Speech not protected by the First Amendment, because it is intended to foster hatred against individuals or groups based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of national origin, or other improper classification.

hate speech: Definition from Answers.com
Bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group.

Hate speech - Definition
is a controversial term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against someone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. The term covers written as well as oral communication.

It sure sounds like it qualifies as hate speech so I may have to watch myself with that term in the future.

How could a description of a sexual act ever be designated as hate speech?

Peace and love.

for all those hurt by the word "teabagger" i suggest you take it back and call yourselves teabaggers.

"teabagga please, let's go tea bag the white house."

Bear with me here on this one.

Most of the people who use "Teabagger" in a negative way to describe tea party protesters typically also claim its a white conservative movement in the country.

So based on the fact that it is hurtful speech directed at a people who are looked at as white, conservative, and angry at the govt is calling them "Teabaggers" hatespeach akin to other derogatory words used for various groups of people.

The tea party is also considered a specific social group so it could come under that classification also.

hate speech - Legal Definition
Speech not protected by the First Amendment, because it is intended to foster hatred against individuals or groups based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of national origin, or other improper classification.

hate speech: Definition from Answers.com
Bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group.

Hate speech - Definition
is a controversial term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against someone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. The term covers written as well as oral communication.

It sure sounds like it qualifies as hate speech so I may have to watch myself with that term in the future.

How could a description of a sexual act ever be designated as hate speech?.

You've never seen Octopron.

Forum List

Back