Is The Tea Party Politically Correct?

Tea Partiers and Republicans are both politically correct and coinfused...the two biggest problems with both groups and when you couple all that with a basic ignorance of why they have lost the last two Presidential elections then what you have is one giant cluster fuck.

You are blinded by your elitism....let me try and clue you in...your ilk(fat cat, elitists, east coast liberal republicans) control the Organs of the Republican Party and that is why you have lost the last two Presidential Elections.

Now of course you do not believe that much less understand that...but until you and all the other Republicans come to grips with that and try and figure out why that is true then you will remain coinfused and clueless.

Let my try and help you a bit..........you and those who think like you have no constituency...who do you think will buy into your mantra of 'smaller government and lower taxes for the rich'?....once you are able to get your head around the fact ......that your mantra only appeals to a minority of the population....then you should be able to see the Republican Party as now constituted will never win another National Election....it is dead in the water aka irrelevant and headed for the dustbin of history.

I am not going to waste much time on this as it has already been explained in other threads in the tea party forum...so the info is available...look it up.

Anyhow......regarding Ted Cruz......he is the only potential candidate of the Republican Party that has any chance whatsoever of being elected President...now I know you are no where near to understanding this...but that is the truest thing that can be said about any hopes the Republicans may entertain of recapturing the White House.

You need to try and think for yourself.....tune out all the talking heads you have been listening to and try and analyze why the Republicans have lost the last two elections aka....who voted for whom and why?

Again I will give you a big heads up......The White Working Class elected Obama....if you can figure out how to deal with that then you will understand how the Republicans can win next time.

You probably thought you were sounding so smart while you typed that at your computer like I am a child. I don't need to be clued in to anything regarding Republican politics. My four years as an undergrad studying political science helped me with that. Not your pretentious nonsense about what you think the party needs to do in order to get back on track and what I need to do in order to get "clued in", Ha what a joke (I have a thirty-five page paper on the GOP from Lincoln to Bush if YOU need to get clued in). You don't know me, and you sure as hell don't know my politics, and the fact you didn't even bother to asks tells me a lot about you.
That entire post was chocked-full of nonsense and I don't even no where to start.

First off, Tea Party members and Republicans are not the same, not even close. Basic ignorance is why we lost the last election, but not because of GOP ignorance, it was the base of the party, the people who vote for guys like Ted Cruz that convinced Romney that he had to bend to their policies or he would lose the base. Who would he lose the base to? That's where you first lost me, but it really isn't over

As a real Republican that is not my "mantra". My mantra is a more efficient government providing tax relief for those who create jobs and business, not to stop taxing the rich. Somewhere between Reagan and Clinton would be the perfect corporate tax rate for me (about 35 percent). We need a more efficient tax system, and maybe you and your liberal friends would be ok with having more than 40 percent of the nation paying taxes. Maybe you would also be OK cutting programs and aid to people and places who could use a little less of it. I am for social welfare as a safety net, not a means to live your life off of. You wouldn't know that because you generalized me with the rest of Republicans.

Lastly, if you believe that Ted Cruz is our only viable candidate for 2016 I can only wonder if you know anything about politics. You need to stop generalizing Republicans like we all sip out of the same Kool-aid jug. I just went on a long rant on how the fundamentalist wing of our party is ruining our chances of looking like a viable political outlet, and all you got from that was I am just as crazy as the other Tea Party members. I've put your political understanding on the back-burner to question if you had any basic reading comprehension.

I am 22 years old, and I still have hope for the GOP. I grew up in the Northeast, in the face of liberals and Democrats. I know my politics, I was forced to have a greater understanding if I wanted to survive a debate with my family, friends and teachers from high school to college and now Law School. Don't step into the ring if you're not ready to brawl because I want to make it clear that the future of the GOP is in more than competent hands.

I am not interested or impressed by your east coast pedigree.....in a nutshell you have been well indoctrinated into bullshit.

If we are going to sift any truth out of this mess.....then we must narrow down the issues and focus on said issues.

Your basic understanding of why Romney was defeated is fallacious.....you believe he was forced to veer to the right and thus lost.

But I will go along with you for a bit...at least long enough for you to explain why you believe that. So....tell this board why you think this is true....try and keep it relatively consise as most readers on here have short attention spans.

I wasn't bragging about my Northeastern pedigree, I was just explaining that I have knowledge on political issues, I aint no scrub.

Mitt Romney was an above average Governor in Massachusets who held moderate beliefs and convictions. It was those values that would have won him the moderate vote and eventually the Presidency. Ya see, He wasn't going to lose the base because who else would the base vote for? They were so afraid of having another four years of Obama that Romney could have gone on stage smoking pot and they still would have said, "Eh, better than Obama". However, whoever was whispering in Romney's ear was telling him that he needed to secure the base and he could ride that all the way to the White House, so that's what he did.

He abandoned his social principles which was the first thing that really bothered me. In Massachusetts he supported same-sex marriage, an issue so wildly simple that there was no need to abandon it. Honestly, if you don't support same-sex marriage you are just on the wrong side of history, much like those who didnt support the desegregation of schools in the fifties. Also, he left all of the great achievements he made in Mass. as far as gun laws went. Romney lowered gun violence in the state by banning assault and automatic rifles, but he couldn't tout that achievement because we all know how much the base loves their guns. lastly on social issues, his stance on abortion "evolved'? Ya, it evolved so that all of the base religious nuts would be happy that they weren't voting for no baby murderer. I blame social issues for Romney losing the youth vote, a portion that he only captured 37 percent of. 37 percent.. Are you kidding me? That is huge and it also why he lost a lot of moderates in the process.

Romney lost this election because he looked like a flip-flopper. All of the great things he did in Mass., and that includes his STATE LEVEL (capitalized for emphasis) healthcare reform that would have been a great compromise and answer to the ACA so that the Tea Partiers and radical fundamentalist in the GOP would be happy, even though he would have won that vote anyway because they werent going to vote for anyone elese. If Romney didnt have to play down his wealth, social policies, healthcare reform, in order to appease those who know little about politics I strongly believe we would have won the 2012 election.

My 'political science student' of an antagonistic nature must be studying for a test tomorrow and has neglected to respond in a timely manner.

It might have been possible for us to have an interesting exchange if he is someone interested in the truth...but that remains to be seen.

Anyhow....whilst the board waits for him to come back I will leave this for him to cogitate upon.........................................."all the data is in, the fundamental reason for Romney’s defeat is apparent, if largely unreported. It is not just that blacks, Latinos, and single women showed up in record numbers at the polls. It’s that whites didn’t.

The final numbers suggest that 91.6 million votes were cast by whites—seven million less than the 98.6 million that were cast in 2008! Meanwhile, 16.6 million blacks voted—300,000 more than in 2008; 11 million Latinos voted—1.7 million more votes than were cast by Hispanics in 2008.

We lost because whites stayed home! Particularly among the elderly, the voter turnout was disappointing with seniors casting only 16% of the vote, much less than had been anticipated. (Seniors were the only age group that Obama lost by a significant margin—15 points)." Dick Morris

Why didn’t whites vote and why didn’t anyone but me see that this was coming? Of course I have the answers to any and everything regarding this election...but I will wait and see if the student comes back.

You probably thought you were sounding so smart while you typed that at your computer like I am a child. I don't need to be clued in to anything regarding Republican politics. My four years as an undergrad studying political science helped me with that. Not your pretentious nonsense about what you think the party needs to do in order to get back on track and what I need to do in order to get "clued in", Ha what a joke (I have a thirty-five page paper on the GOP from Lincoln to Bush if YOU need to get clued in). You don't know me, and you sure as hell don't know my politics, and the fact you didn't even bother to asks tells me a lot about you.
That entire post was chocked-full of nonsense and I don't even no where to start.

First off, Tea Party members and Republicans are not the same, not even close. Basic ignorance is why we lost the last election, but not because of GOP ignorance, it was the base of the party, the people who vote for guys like Ted Cruz that convinced Romney that he had to bend to their policies or he would lose the base. Who would he lose the base to? That's where you first lost me, but it really isn't over

As a real Republican that is not my "mantra". My mantra is a more efficient government providing tax relief for those who create jobs and business, not to stop taxing the rich. Somewhere between Reagan and Clinton would be the perfect corporate tax rate for me (about 35 percent). We need a more efficient tax system, and maybe you and your liberal friends would be ok with having more than 40 percent of the nation paying taxes. Maybe you would also be OK cutting programs and aid to people and places who could use a little less of it. I am for social welfare as a safety net, not a means to live your life off of. You wouldn't know that because you generalized me with the rest of Republicans.

Lastly, if you believe that Ted Cruz is our only viable candidate for 2016 I can only wonder if you know anything about politics. You need to stop generalizing Republicans like we all sip out of the same Kool-aid jug. I just went on a long rant on how the fundamentalist wing of our party is ruining our chances of looking like a viable political outlet, and all you got from that was I am just as crazy as the other Tea Party members. I've put your political understanding on the back-burner to question if you had any basic reading comprehension.

I am 22 years old, and I still have hope for the GOP. I grew up in the Northeast, in the face of liberals and Democrats. I know my politics, I was forced to have a greater understanding if I wanted to survive a debate with my family, friends and teachers from high school to college and now Law School. Don't step into the ring if you're not ready to brawl because I want to make it clear that the future of the GOP is in more than competent hands.

I am not interested or impressed by your east coast pedigree.....in a nutshell you have been well indoctrinated into bullshit.

If we are going to sift any truth out of this mess.....then we must narrow down the issues and focus on said issues.

Your basic understanding of why Romney was defeated is fallacious.....you believe he was forced to veer to the right and thus lost.

But I will go along with you for a bit...at least long enough for you to explain why you believe that. So....tell this board why you think this is true....try and keep it relatively consise as most readers on here have short attention spans.

I wasn't bragging about my Northeastern pedigree, I was just explaining that I have knowledge on political issues, I aint no scrub.

Mitt Romney was an above average Governor in Massachusets who held moderate beliefs and convictions. It was those values that would have won him the moderate vote and eventually the Presidency. Ya see, He wasn't going to lose the base because who else would the base vote for? They were so afraid of having another four years of Obama that Romney could have gone on stage smoking pot and they still would have said, "Eh, better than Obama". However, whoever was whispering in Romney's ear was telling him that he needed to secure the base and he could ride that all the way to the White House, so that's what he did.

He abandoned his social principles which was the first thing that really bothered me. In Massachusetts he supported same-sex marriage, an issue so wildly simple that there was no need to abandon it. Honestly, if you don't support same-sex marriage you are just on the wrong side of history, much like those who didnt support the desegregation of schools in the fifties. Also, he left all of the great achievements he made in Mass. as far as gun laws went. Romney lowered gun violence in the state by banning assault and automatic rifles, but he couldn't tout that achievement because we all know how much the base loves their guns. lastly on social issues, his stance on abortion "evolved'? Ya, it evolved so that all of the base religious nuts would be happy that they weren't voting for no baby murderer. I blame social issues for Romney losing the youth vote, a portion that he only captured 37 percent of. 37 percent.. Are you kidding me? That is huge and it also why he lost a lot of moderates in the process.

Romney lost this election because he looked like a flip-flopper. All of the great things he did in Mass., and that includes his STATE LEVEL (capitalized for emphasis) healthcare reform that would have been a great compromise and answer to the ACA so that the Tea Partiers and radical fundamentalist in the GOP would be happy, even though he would have won that vote anyway because they werent going to vote for anyone elese. If Romney didnt have to play down his wealth, social policies, healthcare reform, in order to appease those who know little about politics I strongly believe we would have won the 2012 election.

You have got it ass backwards....you say Romney was deluded into veering to the right was the cause of his defeat when actually he should have gone much further to the right...he had no clue about what The White Working Class was interested or wanted....certainly not smaller government and lower taxes for the rich....Romney was an elitist...plainly said he was not concerned about poor people...and guess who the White Working Class identifies more with...poor people or fat cats like Romney.

Also this nebulous 'base' you speak of(The White Working Class was the only group with numbers and interest in voting republican and electing a republican)you speak of did not vote for Romney in the numbers needed ....simply because they considered Romney too liberal and that coupled with his weirdo cultish religion provoked too many Whites into not voting...did you miss my article on that?

Romeny was a flip flopping liberal, rich and out of touch with the White Working Class....the real base...of whic you appear clueless.

The White Working Class was the key to victory....in this case Obama's victory. Romney got the overall majority of the White Working Class vote but not in the huge numbers he needed(mainly due to the northern and Midwestern white working class voting for Obama) and that coupled with the fact a great many Whites chose to just stay home and not vote...is what defeated Romeny...not your mythical belief he veered to the right...ridiculous.

Forum List

Back