Is the Tax Deal As Good for Blacks as Obama Claims?

Does the entire African American Community need lifting up?

You completely missed my point, my point is that blacks should hold Obama's feet to the fire just like any other president and he said he could pass laws that though intended for all would help black people, well I see no problem with blacks questioning and evaluating whether those passed laws are helping blacks.

I did not miss your point...You see blacks as having different needs than all other races in this country.

They do not.

Strawman argument, Obama stated the laws he would pass, though non-race specific, would help uplift African Americans, those are his own words, my position is that blacks should evaluate and question whether those laws he passes do actually help and benefit blacks, thats not stating that blacks have different needs, its simply evaluating whether his policies are doing what he claimed they should do in his own words.

If you can't figure out that ANY body of voters with similar interests comprise a constituency .. can't help you. Your definition doesn't say anything about women or gays either, but they comprise an important demographic constituency.

Not sure what theoretical world you live in, but in THIS country race matters.Just as EVERY constiutuency has an agenda, so do African-Americans .. and it's different than your agenda.

There is NOTHING racist in his post just right-wingers who believe that only they get to set an agenda and ANYTHING uniquely black must be "racist."

An absolutely amazing thought coming from the historically insane right-wing which has little to ZERO basis or credibility for determing what is racist.

I agree that Bass' is not a racist post...

But as a conservaitve, I must also point out that whereas you say that the right has zero credibility for determining what a racist is....do you blame us? We have been called racist for just about everything and anything we belkieve in.

It DOES get confusing to us. Perhpas if the word "racist" wasnt applied to just about anything, it would be easier to determine what truly IS racist.

I appreciate that sincere thought .. however good brother, the perception of racism that the right carries should be no surprise to anyone. It is a well-deserved reputation and I see absolutely nothing the right wants to do about it other than call everyone else a racist.

Look no further than this thread. Any use of the word "black" means "racist" to republicans .. as if we don't have the right and DUTY to unite in a nation where we have only been realtively free for 45 years out of 400.

I'd like to discuss this with you further, but I have an alarm going off on one of my client sites. Gotta' get back to you later brother.

The attempt to use separatism or unequal treatment within a government system that is supposed to be based on equal treatment by law and by government is exactly that, racist.... You don't have to call someone cracker, or the n word, or chinky eye, or whatever else to be racist or support a racist stance within government

I agree that Bass' is not a racist post...

But as a conservaitve, I must also point out that whereas you say that the right has zero credibility for determining what a racist is....do you blame us? We have been called racist for just about everything and anything we belkieve in.

It DOES get confusing to us. Perhpas if the word "racist" wasnt applied to just about anything, it would be easier to determine what truly IS racist.

I appreciate that sincere thought .. however good brother, the perception of racism that the right carries should be no surprise to anyone. It is a well-deserved reputation and I see absolutely nothing the right wants to do about it other than call everyone else a racist.

Look no further than this thread. Any use of the word "black" means "racist" to republicans .. as if we don't have the right and DUTY to unite in a nation where we have only been realtively free for 45 years out of 400.

I'd like to discuss this with you further, but I have an alarm going off on one of my client sites. Gotta' get back to you later brother.

The attempt to use separatism or unequal treatment within a government system that is supposed to be based on equal treatment by law and by government is exactly that, racist.... You don't have to call someone cracker, or the n word, or chinky eye, or whatever else to be racist or support a racist stance within government

With all due respect that makes no sense whatsoever.

All one has to do is recognize the existence and oppression of racism. You don't have to call anyone else anything ignorant or racist.

The denial of the obvious by the right is downright laughable.

Here is the math ... 400 years, relatively free for 45 .. and you're arguing against the 45.

.. amazing

So blacks, for some reason don't like keeping the money they earned? I find that difficult to believe.

With all due respect that makes no sense whatsoever.

All one has to do is recognize the existence and oppression of racism. You don't have to call anyone else anything ignorant or racist.

The denial of the obvious by the right is downright laughable.

Here is the math ... 400 years, relatively free for 45 .. and you're arguing against the 45.

.. amazing

No, asshole.. you are as free as any other citizen... there is no 'relatively' about it

The fact that you use the term "black politics" IS the problem. The insane demanding of colorblindness, then demanding that I acknowledge that you are black and you have your own politics that satisfies a need you have that I don't.

Scary shit man.

Who in the fuck wants to see a "color-blind" society? I SURE AS HELL DON'T.

Not even slightly interested in a society that pretends not to see the race or gender of another person. Not looking for tolerence, looking for diversity. BIG difference.

Black politics are necessary in a country where we've existed for nearly FOUR-HUNDRED YEARS but have only been RELATIVELY free for about FORTY-FIVE YEARS.

Don't understand .. that's ok .. it's expected.

Exactly when do we no longer use the term "black politics"?
What is the benchmark where it would be inappropriate just as "asian politics" would be considered inappropriate?
WHEN will you address the FACT that out of about 400 years, blacks have been free relatively or otherwise for 45?

I see you AVOIDING that fact like the plague.

Forum List

Back