Is the Tax Deal As Good for Blacks as Obama Claims?

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Is the Tax Deal As Good for Blacks as Obama Claims? | TheLoop21.com

"In October, the President’s approval rating overall was 48 percent. His approval rating among registered Democrats remains in the high 70s. But his approval rating among African Americans is 91 percent.

Even though black folks have suffered disproportionately from the subprime mortgage crisis, foreclosures, evictions, bankruptcies, the recession and a so far fairly jobless recovery, they are not blaming the President. And that has remained constant regardless of how the CBC has consistently badgered him about not listening to them, about a jobs bill they found inadequate, etc.

Is there any truth to the White House’s claims?

Truth in politics always seems to be a matter of opinion. The truth is, there are some tax breaks in the bill that will benefit working- and middle-class Americans as well as the unemployed. For a factual breakdown go here. But the argument progressives and the CBC make is that the benefits for the wealthy outweigh the benefits for the middle class. They argue that he could have and should have gotten a better deal. They argue that he capitulated to Republicans and surrendered on one of his core domestic policy initiatives -- that the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy were ethically wrong and economically unwise.

The truth is they are right. But the other truth is that it was the only deal for the President to make."

Who cares whether it is good for blacks, or whites, or eskimos, or whatever other race???.... it's not about race, you racist asswipe....

I'm with you Dave, I don't recall obie wan saying "it was a good deal for blacks" does he speak code or sumpin?

Obama only cares if it's a good deal for him.

It's All About Him.

5320704319_081848a9e8.jpg

Last edited:

"In October, the President’s approval rating overall was 48 percent. His approval rating among registered Democrats remains in the high 70s. But his approval rating among African Americans is 91 percent.

Even though black folks have suffered disproportionately from the subprime mortgage crisis, foreclosures, evictions, bankruptcies, the recession and a so far fairly jobless recovery, they are not blaming the President. And that has remained constant regardless of how the CBC has consistently badgered him about not listening to them, about a jobs bill they found inadequate, etc.

Truth in politics always seems to be a matter of opinion. The truth is, there are some tax breaks in the bill that will benefit working- and middle-class Americans as well as the unemployed. For a factual breakdown go here. But the argument progressives and the CBC make is that the benefits for the wealthy outweigh the benefits for the middle class. They argue that he could have and should have gotten a better deal. They argue that he capitulated to Republicans and surrendered on one of his core domestic policy initiatives -- that the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy were ethically wrong and economically unwise.

The truth is they are right. But the other truth is that it was the only deal for the President to make."

GET REAL.

That's the same bullshit "truth" Obama claimed about healthcare.

Who still doesn't know that Obama is a corporatist .. and elitist and a corporatist?

He's is going to do whatever is in the best interest of the corporate will.

How is that a surprise at this stage of knowledge about him?

I dunno.. is fried chicken and watermellon deductable now?

Good fucking grief.

GET REAL.

Who still doesn't know that Obama is a corporatist .. and elitist and a corporatist?

I actually agree with you and disagree with the writer, that deal wasn't the only deal he could have taken. That Aframs will vote overwhelmingly for him without making their voice louder for him to do more is what makes me angry.

GET REAL.

I actually agree with you and disagree with the writer, that deal wasn't the only deal he could have taken. That Aframs will vote overwhelmingly for him without making their voice louder for him to do more is what makes me angry.

Many will .. but the glow is gone and many will not.

Obama War Budget Breaks All Records – But When Will Black America Break with Him?

The Republican House majority hadn't even taken their seats yet, but their presence wasn't necessary to pass the biggest military budget since World War II. Not only can't Obama blame his wars on George Bush, but the First Black President has dramatically outdone his predecessor in expenditures on the machinery of death. “Yet only 12 Black members of Congress can bring themselves to vote against Obama's wars.”

more at link
Obama War Budget Breaks All Records ? But When Will Black America Break with Him? | Black Agenda Report

Who cares whether it is good for blacks, or whites, or eskimos, or whatever other race???.... it's not about race, you racist asswipe....

Oh I'm as racist for posting this article that I didn't write you moron?

Get used to being called "racist" by the historically and tragically racist right.

It's fun.

Did you see my Teena Marie thread?

The basshole is notoriously racist... and we all know exactly why the racist posted what he did...

And those who want race kept out of the equation are the racist ones?? Get a grip and a sense of reality

Get used to being called "racist" by the historically and tragically racist right.

It's fun.

The basshole is notoriously racist... and we all know exactly why the racist posted what he did...

And those who want race kept out of the equation are the racist ones?? Get a grip and a sense of reality

I see NOTHING racist in his post.

African-Americans are a constituency and he's asking if Obama's tax deal is good for this constituency .. no differently than someone asking if the deal is good for any constituency.

You may not care about black politics .. and that's fine, but some of us do and we discuss it .. no differently than politics for women, gays, or conservatives.

It's fun.

African-Americans are a constituency and he's asking if Obama's tax deal is good for this constituency .. no differently than someone asking if the deal is good for any constituency.

You may not care about black politics .. and that's fine, but some of us do and we discuss it .. no differently than politics for women, gays, or conservatives.

Definition of CONSTITUENCY
a : a body of citizens entitled to elect a representative (as to a legislative or executive position) b : the residents in an electoral district c : an electoral district

Funny... not about race... it's not a race that elects or that is selectively chosen to elect a leader

There should be no black politics, like there should be no white politics or aboriginal politics or eskimo politics or whatever other race you wish to inject

the basshole is continually and completely about the racism he holds on to dearly

It's fun.

The fact that you use the term "black politics" IS the problem. The insane demanding of colorblindness, then demanding that I acknowledge that you are black and you have your own politics that satisfies a need you have that I don't.

Scary shit man.

Last edited:

a : a body of citizens entitled to elect a representative (as to a legislative or executive position) b : the residents in an electoral district c : an electoral district

Funny... not about race... it's not a race that elects or that is selectively chosen to elect a leader

There should be no black politics, like there should be no white politics or aboriginal politics or eskimo politics or whatever other race you wish to inject

the basshole is continually and completely about the racism he holds on to dearly

It's ALL ABOUT RACE. End of story.

If you can't figure out that ANY body of voters with similar interests comprise a constituency .. can't help you. Your definition doesn't say anything about women or gays either, but they comprise an important demographic constituency.

Not sure what theoretical world you live in, but in THIS country race matters.Just as EVERY constiutuency has an agenda, so do African-Americans .. and it's different than your agenda.

There is NOTHING racist in his post just right-wingers who believe that only they get to set an agenda and ANYTHING uniquely black must be "racist."

An absolutely amazing thought coming from the historically insane right-wing which has little to ZERO basis or credibility for determing what is racist.

It's fun.

Charlie is not racist.

Having said that, there is no reason why the 'tax deal' would be any better for blacks than any other race.

New Topics

Forum List

Back