Is the Supreme Court a Court?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A very interesting read on the history of the court and how it works. It may surprise some as things are not what they seem to be.

Is the U.S. Supreme Court a court? On the one hand, the answer seems obvious. It says so right in there in the name. Plus, the justices wear those funny robes. Strong evidence, I admit. On the other hand, see every Supreme Court decision involving constitutional law over the past century and a half. I could rest my case there, but I haven’t gotten to the point yet. If the Supreme Court is a court, it is a weird one, and that often creates a great deal of confusion about how the Court does or should operate. -

See more at: Is the Supreme Court a Court? - Online Library of Law & Liberty

A very interesting read on the history of the court and how it works. It may surprise some as things are not what they seem to be.

Is the U.S. Supreme Court a court? On the one hand, the answer seems obvious. It says so right in there in the name. Plus, the justices wear those funny robes. Strong evidence, I admit. On the other hand, see every Supreme Court decision involving constitutional law over the past century and a half. I could rest my case there, but I haven’t gotten to the point yet. If the Supreme Court is a court, it is a weird one, and that often creates a great deal of confusion about how the Court does or should operate. -

An Anti-Democratic Manifesto Naturally Led to a Kangaroo Court

SCROTUS is an overlord on all our laws. It has no right to exist in a free country, but Constitutionazis want to belittle us with its dictatoriship so they can boss us around in the private sector, too.

The SCOTUS is a "review court" aka "court of appeal".

That's what makes it different.

It has the power to overturn Congressional legislation and Presidential orders.

That's what makes it powerful. The only things that the lower courts of review/appeal can do is issue injunctions (stop-orders).

Forum List

Back