Is the SAT’s new ‘adversity score’ just thinly veiled racial discrimination?

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
SAT's 'adversity' score: Privilege check or public relations?

The College Board, which administers the SAT and AP tests, devised the new metric in part to counter criticism over persistent disparities in scores, which average higher for students who are Asian or white and whose families are rich and educated. The new measurement is based on 15 factors, including family wealth, crime rate and poverty levels in the student’s neighborhood and high school rigor and competitiveness, as well as proprietary College Board data.

America’s population of poor people are roughly divided into 50% are White, 25% Black and 25% Latino. The rates of poverty for each race are much different though. Can we trust the Left Wingers who administer the SAT will be honest, objective and fair?

"It’s nothing but a way to side step all of the court rulings rejecting race based quota systems for admissions.

Pretty appalling and shows just how useless the SAT has become as a measure of predicting academic success."

"Proprietary College Board data" sounds like a thinly veiled "what facebook and google datamining tells us about you.

When my sons were applying to some of the Ivy's a few years ago, I was struck by two things. How little their SAT scores mattered and how much "community service" did matter. Community Service? Now they are adding this "adversity score" which is just another widget that college admissions can twiddle to ultimately admit or reject whomever they want. Even MIT admits students with remarkably average SAT scores if they impress their interviewer and submit an over the top "creative" application letter. I am so glad to be done with colleges and their bullshit. Best of luck to those who have yet to navigate the waters, it's rough.

Forum List

Back