Is the Rightwing in denial about the uselessness of the GOP?

Rightwingers have no trouble defending republican presidential candidates, but when it comes to defending the GOP ideology itself; they are oddly silent. I think they secretly know the GOP only seeks to coddle the wealthy class and does NOTHING for the poor and middle class. The problem is that they can't just admit it to themselves. Instead of defending the policies of the GOP, they focus all of their energy into demonizing democrats. Why do these people even vote?

Here's your chance, Rightwingers, why should anyone vote republican? Don't give some lame ass answer such as "well they aren't democrats derp, derp, derp!" I want real reasons why anyone should vote republican.

What has Obama done for the poor and the middle class in his last 7.5 years besides raising the number of welfare recipients we have in this country to a gazillion something.
His stimulus alone created 3 million private jobs. 12 million plus private jobs. The stock market has never been higher as is corporate profits.

Because I don't believe in the Democratic ideology that more government is the answer to every problem and can fix all the unfairness in the country. That is my one and only response on this topic if you don't want to accept it as my reason for voting Republican that is not and never will be my problem.
lol it's pretty lame. None of you can give an answer without mentioning democrats and it's pathetic.

That's just you somehow assuming we really care about what you have to say on the matter.
And yet you post in my threads anyway.

You are not the only one posting.

Get over yourself.

One of these days, you'll figure out that openly attacking people you disagree with (I am not a member of the GOP) in your thread titles really does little to help facilitate open discussion.

Rightwingers have no trouble defending republican presidential candidates, but when it comes to defending the GOP ideology itself; they are oddly silent. I think they secretly know the GOP only seeks to coddle the wealthy class and does NOTHING for the poor and middle class. The problem is that they can't just admit it to themselves. Instead of defending the policies of the GOP, they focus all of their energy into demonizing democrats. Why do these people even vote?

Here's your chance, Rightwingers, why should anyone vote republican? Don't give some lame ass answer such as "well they aren't democrats derp, derp, derp!" I want real reasons why anyone should vote republican.

Perhaps if you gave some good reasons to vote Democrat we could get some great laughs. In your case my guess is your major issue is legalized potheads under government control.
No actually.

I believe in re-building our crumbled infrastructure system that is an embarrassment to other first world countries.

I believe in raising the minimum wage to something democrats and republicans can compromise on.

I believe in addressing the corruption in Wall Street.

I believe in addressing the threat of climate change.

I believe in economic policies that help the shrinking middle class and growing poor class.

I believe in regulating our private market so corporations can't do whatever the fuck they want.

Republicans will do NOTHING about any of these problems.

You are correct.

And democrats do nothing about them either.

All you posted was an echo of the Republican meme; lies by commission and lies by omission..

no, I posted the facts about the Stimulus - nearly $1 trillion in Liberal PORK that resulted in over $742,000 PER JOB Obama claimed to have created / saved.

Embrace 'the suck'!

LINK: The Five Biggest Failures From President Obama's Stimulus Law
Lol the stimulus reversed the Great Recession and created 3 million private jobs. It boosted GDP by 2%. These are facts.

Was the Obama Stimulus a Success or a Failure?

Obama’s Stimulus Generated Up to 3.3 Million Jobs, CBO Says

12313713_905689026181743_9122971489126675858_n.jpg

I despise the establishment candidates like rubiasslick. What ideology? the only thing the GOP stands for is amnesty and open borders.

A couple of facts and the conservative crowd cuts and runs. Fools rush out when the facts come in.

IMO, you should never try and counter Republican stupidity with facts. Thats a complete waste of time.

On the other hand; You know those 500 Republican bill that Harry kept in his desk drawer?

When will the Republians be voting on them. They claimed those bill would save the country but Dirty Harry wouldnt let them.

Of course, to a Republican, getting a bill placed on the Presidents desk so he can veto it, counts as a major victory for Republicans.

And you cant make this shit up.

Easy. They are not - so far - totalitarians bent on Marxist domination of the last, best hope of the free world.
See this is my point. You people can't give an answer that doesn't involve mentioning democrats. All you have to do, is give policy reasons why anyone should vote republican.
I was at our house in Naples, Florida for the 2008 election. This was McCain territory. One day I heard two older Republicans discussing the election at the swimming pool . One said to the other, 'McCain is not telling us anything, he is just saying bad things about the other guy'.

Perhaps if you gave some good reasons to vote Democrat we could get some great laughs. In your case my guess is your major issue is legalized potheads under government control.
No actually.

I believe in re-building our crumbled infrastructure system that is an embarrassment to other first world countries.

I believe in raising the minimum wage to something democrats and republicans can compromise on.

I believe in economic policies that help the shrinking middle class and growing poor class.

I believe in regulating our private market so corporations can't do whatever the fuck they want.

Give evidence that our infrastructure is an embarrassment, or that it can be maintained better with government than with private enterprise.

Our minimum wage is at a point where we are at a compromise now.

Probably the corruption in Wall Street will never be addressed until the corruption in DC is addressed first.

If you want to address the threat of climate change, turn off your computer, stop consuming, move to an Amish community. Think globally, act locally. Stop using government force to force your opinions into how others should order their lives.

As far as economic policies go? lol
cb7438de3b1e4edb589008dc243e390d.jpg

Corporations are enabled by government, not limited by them.

You are probably right, Republicans are just as corrupt as Democrats. Neither has the ability to do anything about these "problems."
America's crumbling infrastructure

It's amazing how incompetent you people are when it comes to Google. You are willfully ignorant on our nation's most important issues. The US's infrastructure system ranks in 16th place compared to the rest of the world and the problem will only get worse. The private market would only turn it to a for profit system. Government or private system, either way it would require MONEY. What sort of vision do you have for the private market taking over? How exactly would a private company fix the problem? I'm dying to know.

Our minimum wage, in terms of inflation, is in the 1960s. Today's cost of living standards is way ahead on the both the federal and state minimum wages. Don't you think that's a problem? 20 million people make less than $10 per hour.

So we should ignore the corruption of Wall Street until...when? What specifically should happen first?

Oh for fuck sake. My use of the computer has no bearing on the current state of our climate. With or without the enormous carbon emissions generated by industry the world over, my use of my computer means jack shit. In other words, me turning off the computer would do NOTHING to fix the problem.

Corporate profits are at an all time high, you doofus. The stock market is doing better now more than ever. Stop pretending government is somehow hindering these entities.

You don't get it, do you?

You don't even see you're own hypocrisy. You complain about the infrastructure, and then you complain about "climate change." Some of us don't believe that the production of carbon has anything to do with climate change, but you are so obtuse that you just don't see that stealing money from the population to create an artificial infrastructure is the number one reason that carbon is released. Why are you so blind?

22ed832163f685d570c9d1439e00b820.jpg

mv4eVMY.png

BnPaG_8IYAExegC.jpg

Government prevents you from having nice infrastructure. I know WAY more about this issue than you can comprehend.

In 1995, a private road company added two lanes in the middle of California Highway 91, right where the median strip used to be. It then used "congestion pricing" to let some drivers pay to speed past rush-hour traffic. Using the principles of supply and demand, road operators charge higher tolls at times of day when demand is high. That encourages those who are most in a hurry to pay for what they need. It was the first time anywhere in the world that congestion pricing was used. Bureaucrats were skeptical. Now congestion pricing is a hot idea for both private and public road management systems.

Likewise, for years there was a gap in the ring road surrounding Paris that created huge traffic problems. Then private developers made an unsolicited proposal to build a $2 billion toll tunnel in exchange for a 70-year lease to run it. They built a double-decker tunnel that fits six lanes of traffic in the space usually required for just two. The tunnel's profit-seeking owners have an incentive to keep traffic moving. They collect tolls based on congestion pricing, and tolls are collected electronically, so cars don't have to stop. The tunnel operators clear accidents quickly. Most are detected within 10 seconds -- thanks to 350 cameras inside the tunnel. The private road has cut a 45-minute trip to 10 minutes.

Indiana used to lose money on its toll road. Then Gov. Mitch Daniels leased it to private developers. Now it makes a profit. The new owners spent $40 million on electronic tolling. That's saved them 55 percent on toll collection. They saved $20 per mile by switching to a better de-icing fluid. They bought a new fleet of computerized snowplows that clear roads using less salt. Drivers win, and taxpayers win.

It also turns out that government roads often run more smoothly when drivers have more, not less, freedom.

This sounds paradoxical. Politicians often sneer at libertarians, saying, "You want to get rid of traffic lights?!" Well, yes, actually. In some cases, traffic moves better and more safely when government removes traffic lights, stop signs, even curbs.

It's Friedrich Hayek's "spontaneous" order in action: Instead of sitting at a mechanized light waiting to be told when to go, drivers meet in an intersection and negotiate their way through by making eye contact and gesturing. The secret is that drivers must pay attention to their surroundings—to pedestrians and other cars—rather than just to signs and signals. It demonstrates the "Peltzman Effect" (named after retired University of Chicago economist Sam Peltzman): People tend to behave more recklessly when their sense of safety is increased. By removing signs, lights and barriers, drivers feel less safe, so they drive more carefully. They pay more attention.
Private Enterprise Does It Better

Our minimum wage, in terms of inflation, is in the 1960s. Today's cost of living standards is way ahead on the both the federal and state minimum wages. Don't you think that's a problem? 20 million people make less than $10 per hour.

If you understood that the problem is not government or industry, but the federal reserve, then you wouldn't be lobbying for such stupid laws like the minimum wage increase. How old are you? I remember several years back, they raised it. And then several years before that, they raised it again. What the hell are you trying to acheive? Don't you know what the defination of insanity is? Do you think the elites that control the whole system give a shit about your tilting at windmills?

Why do you think every single third party candidate that ran for POTUS in 2008, whether they were from the middle, far left, or far right, from Ron Paul to Ralph Nader, all signed a pledge to go through the Federal Reserve and heavily reform it or get rid of it? The FED strips the poor of their purchasing power. If the Fed didn't exist, a nickle would still buy a bottle of coke or a candy bar. You would still be able to buy a car for a couple of grand and fill your car for a few couple bucks. How do you not know this? The bankers OWN BOTH OF THE MAJOR PARTIES.

Minimum wage? Yeah, the bankers would love you to jump onto such a distraction. Sorry, it just makes matters worse and plays into class warfar. It isn't the governments job to pick winners and loser.

We need to FIX THE BROKEN SYSTEM.

So we should ignore the corruption of Wall Street until...when? What specifically should happen first?

The big banks need to be broken up and the FED needs to be ended or completely reformed so that not just the minutes, but the transcripts of the meetings are available with in six weeks after they take place. For us to have to wait years for the transcripts is intolerable. For us to have only partial audits is also intolerable. The quasi-private nature needs to be ended, or the Fed needs to be ended and the the authority to coin money needs to be returned to congress.

Otherwise, we return to the article of confederation.

Oh for fuck sake. My use of the computer has no bearing on the current state of our climate. With or without the enormous carbon emissions generated by industry the world over, my use of my computer means jack shit. In other words, me turning off the computer would do NOTHING to fix the problem.

Christ your obtuse. 7.1 Billion Demonstrate In Favor Of Global Warming

Corporate profits are at an all time high, you doofus. The stock market is doing better now more than ever. Stop pretending government is somehow hindering these entities.

You know, lots and lots of Americans have investments, 401ks, etc. in the stock market. Why do you want the DOW, the S&P etc. to do poorly?
Lol you are just laughable. First you cite a rightwing bullshit website about privatizing our roads without considering the obvious fact that it still requires money from every day consumers like you and I. How is that better than paying taxes for the same service? You do know a private company would charge more than the government would because, you know, it would be a fucking for profit business. Then you cite THE ONION. Are you kidding me? Any idiot would tell you that personal electronic use has a completely insignificant effect on the climate. Of course if you did care about the science of climate change you would actually quote a scientific, peer reviewed article. Of course if you did that you would be admitting climate change is a real phenomenon.

Because I don't believe in the Democratic ideology that more government is the answer to every problem and can fix all the unfairness in the country. That is my one and only response on this topic if you don't want to accept it as my reason for voting Republican that is not and never will be my problem.

Why won't you accept that we need some government to regulate the economy just for there to be competition or high standards? We wouldn't have clean air, water, food or a goddamn thing if it wasn't for government.

-We wouldn't have anti-trust laws
-We wouldn't have most of the funding for our infrastructure...Forget about the safety standards that the government mandates.
-We wouldn't have the faa or fcc to make air or communication work smoothly.
-We wouldn't have cdc or nih curing diseases that once killed a large percentage of our population.
-We wouldn't have shit!!1

I am not saying that we need to use the government to make everything fair. Hell, I am against that but your solutions are just as insane as it takes the position that the government only does wrong. that is a down right lie.

I wouldn't want to live within a country without standards, regulations, laws and some shared responsibility coming from government.

What that person is advocating for is a violation of the constitution.

The constitution clearly says that the government is to regulate business.

Anyone who doesn't want the government to regulate business is violating the constitution.

Which the conservatives scream they're the only ones who love the constitution yet they violate it on a daily basis.

They are liars. They don't love the constitution if they did they wouldn't violate it on a daily basis.

I want real reasons why anyone should vote republican.

because you are a fucking troll of the worst kind, much like your muslime illegal alien son-of-a-bitch presidunce.
How about you just admit you can't answer my question? Be an adult.

Are you serious? How can anyone be an adult when they're wrapped up in the confederate flag carrying a bible and drinking Donald Trump brand of Kool-Aid?

No actually.

Give evidence that our infrastructure is an embarrassment, or that it can be maintained better with government than with private enterprise.

Our minimum wage is at a point where we are at a compromise now.

Probably the corruption in Wall Street will never be addressed until the corruption in DC is addressed first.

If you want to address the threat of climate change, turn off your computer, stop consuming, move to an Amish community. Think globally, act locally. Stop using government force to force your opinions into how others should order their lives.

As far as economic policies go? lol
cb7438de3b1e4edb589008dc243e390d.jpg

Corporations are enabled by government, not limited by them.

You are probably right, Republicans are just as corrupt as Democrats. Neither has the ability to do anything about these "problems."
America's crumbling infrastructure

It's amazing how incompetent you people are when it comes to Google. You are willfully ignorant on our nation's most important issues. The US's infrastructure system ranks in 16th place compared to the rest of the world and the problem will only get worse. The private market would only turn it to a for profit system. Government or private system, either way it would require MONEY. What sort of vision do you have for the private market taking over? How exactly would a private company fix the problem? I'm dying to know.

You don't get it, do you?

You don't even see you're own hypocrisy. You complain about the infrastructure, and then you complain about "climate change." Some of us don't believe that the production of carbon has anything to do with climate change, but you are so obtuse that you just don't see that stealing money from the population to create an artificial infrastructure is the number one reason that carbon is released. Why are you so blind?

22ed832163f685d570c9d1439e00b820.jpg

mv4eVMY.png

BnPaG_8IYAExegC.jpg

Government prevents you from having nice infrastructure. I know WAY more about this issue than you can comprehend.

In 1995, a private road company added two lanes in the middle of California Highway 91, right where the median strip used to be. It then used "congestion pricing" to let some drivers pay to speed past rush-hour traffic. Using the principles of supply and demand, road operators charge higher tolls at times of day when demand is high. That encourages those who are most in a hurry to pay for what they need. It was the first time anywhere in the world that congestion pricing was used. Bureaucrats were skeptical. Now congestion pricing is a hot idea for both private and public road management systems.

Likewise, for years there was a gap in the ring road surrounding Paris that created huge traffic problems. Then private developers made an unsolicited proposal to build a $2 billion toll tunnel in exchange for a 70-year lease to run it. They built a double-decker tunnel that fits six lanes of traffic in the space usually required for just two. The tunnel's profit-seeking owners have an incentive to keep traffic moving. They collect tolls based on congestion pricing, and tolls are collected electronically, so cars don't have to stop. The tunnel operators clear accidents quickly. Most are detected within 10 seconds -- thanks to 350 cameras inside the tunnel. The private road has cut a 45-minute trip to 10 minutes.

Indiana used to lose money on its toll road. Then Gov. Mitch Daniels leased it to private developers. Now it makes a profit. The new owners spent $40 million on electronic tolling. That's saved them 55 percent on toll collection. They saved $20 per mile by switching to a better de-icing fluid. They bought a new fleet of computerized snowplows that clear roads using less salt. Drivers win, and taxpayers win.

It also turns out that government roads often run more smoothly when drivers have more, not less, freedom.

This sounds paradoxical. Politicians often sneer at libertarians, saying, "You want to get rid of traffic lights?!" Well, yes, actually. In some cases, traffic moves better and more safely when government removes traffic lights, stop signs, even curbs.

It's Friedrich Hayek's "spontaneous" order in action: Instead of sitting at a mechanized light waiting to be told when to go, drivers meet in an intersection and negotiate their way through by making eye contact and gesturing. The secret is that drivers must pay attention to their surroundings—to pedestrians and other cars—rather than just to signs and signals. It demonstrates the "Peltzman Effect" (named after retired University of Chicago economist Sam Peltzman): People tend to behave more recklessly when their sense of safety is increased. By removing signs, lights and barriers, drivers feel less safe, so they drive more carefully. They pay more attention.
Private Enterprise Does It Better

If you understood that the problem is not government or industry, but the federal reserve, then you wouldn't be lobbying for such stupid laws like the minimum wage increase. How old are you? I remember several years back, they raised it. And then several years before that, they raised it again. What the hell are you trying to acheive? Don't you know what the defination of insanity is? Do you think the elites that control the whole system give a shit about your tilting at windmills?

Why do you think every single third party candidate that ran for POTUS in 2008, whether they were from the middle, far left, or far right, from Ron Paul to Ralph Nader, all signed a pledge to go through the Federal Reserve and heavily reform it or get rid of it? The FED strips the poor of their purchasing power. If the Fed didn't exist, a nickle would still buy a bottle of coke or a candy bar. You would still be able to buy a car for a couple of grand and fill your car for a few couple bucks. How do you not know this? The bankers OWN BOTH OF THE MAJOR PARTIES.

Minimum wage? Yeah, the bankers would love you to jump onto such a distraction. Sorry, it just makes matters worse and plays into class warfar. It isn't the governments job to pick winners and loser.

We need to FIX THE BROKEN SYSTEM.

The big banks need to be broken up and the FED needs to be ended or completely reformed so that not just the minutes, but the transcripts of the meetings are available with in six weeks after they take place. For us to have to wait years for the transcripts is intolerable. For us to have only partial audits is also intolerable. The quasi-private nature needs to be ended, or the Fed needs to be ended and the the authority to coin money needs to be returned to congress.

Otherwise, we return to the article of confederation.

Christ your obtuse. 7.1 Billion Demonstrate In Favor Of Global Warming

You know, lots and lots of Americans have investments, 401ks, etc. in the stock market. Why do you want the DOW, the S&P etc. to do poorly?
Lol you are just laughable. First you cite a rightwing bullshit website about privatizing our roads without considering the obvious fact that it still requires money from every day consumers like you and I. How is that better than paying taxes for the same service? You do know a private company would charge more than the government would because, you know, it would be a fucking for profit business. Then you cite THE ONION. Are you kidding me? Any idiot would tell you that personal electronic use has a completely insignificant effect on the climate. Of course if you did care about the science of climate change you would actually quote a scientific, peer reviewed article. Of course if you did that you would be admitting climate change is a real phenomenon.

Wow. I'm done with you now. I just didn't realize how immature and incapable intellectual thought you are. You have to be under the age of thirty and with out much education. Stop watching so much TV, doing so much social networking, and do some serious reading.

If you want to continue this, first tell me how you committed a poisoning the well fallacy.

Then do your research and tell me why I posted that Onion article. What sends those signals to your little personal electronic device? What manufactures them? How many are produced a year? Think man.

As far as tax payer paying for roads vs. companies building them, who do you think the government has build them? Do you think these companies do it w/o making a profit? Do you think the government middlemen just work for free?
CIthXdkUcAA7A_w.png

Forum List

Back