Is the Quran Gods words?

Surah 2:219
Wines and gambling are Satan’s handiwork—there are some good but great sins.
Contradiction: 47:15 and 83:25 say Allah will serve Satan’s handiwork, wine, in Islamic Paradise.
Every one of these so called contradictions can be easily explained; and most are due to errors in translation from arabic to english.

It would be too time consuming to go thru all of them that you have listed.

So I will throw you a bone on the last one on your list.

Yes, wine will be served in Jannah (heaven) but it will be non alcoholic.

Not the alcoholic wine satan uses to cause mischief on the earth.

No contradiction. :cool:

If ALLAH had meant non-alcoholic wine, he'd have fucking SAID so.

But Allah failed to convey that tidbit of information to Gabriel?

What kind of "god" is this "Allah" fellow?

It appears, in any event, that you are full of shit, Sunni:

* * * * Muslim apologists typically rebut by remarking that the wine found in the rivers of Paradise is non-alcoholic. Much of this argument rests on a pragmatic, rather than textual or contextual, foundation. "Even though wine is the work of Satan, if it appears in Paradise, then in that place it must be non-alcoholic", so the argument generally runs. However, a cross-referential argument is advanced, as well. Many Muslims point to Surah 37:40-47 as proof for the claim of "dryness" in the wine of Paradise:

"But the sincere (and devoted) Servants of Allah,- For them is a Sustenance determined, Fruits (Delights); and they (shall enjoy) honour and dignity, In Gardens of Felicity, Facing each other on Thrones (of Dignity): Round will be passed to them a Cup from a clear-flowing fountain, Crystal-white, of a taste delicious to those who drink (thereof), Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom."

Thus, the cup from the clear-flowing fountain is a drink which does not produce drunkenness. Therefore, the river of wine in Paradise is non-alcoholic! Unfortunately for the apologists, this argument is based upon some unsound premises. To begin with, it should be noted that the connexion made between Surahs 47:15 and 37:45ff is tenuous, at best. The argument is arbitrary - A is a drink, and B is a drink, thus A must equal B. Yet, 47:15 refers to a flowing river of wine, while 37:45 refers to a cup of unspecified beverage. These are not necessarily the same thing. However, much Muslim exposition on this subject tends to assume just this connexion. While commenting on 47:15, Yusuf Ali discusses the river of wine, one of the four flowing rivers in Paradise:

"...(3) wine, not like any wine on earth, for it leaves no headaches behind, and causes no intoxication, which is a kind of madness or poison, but is ever a joy to drink..."1

His otherwise unqualified statement appears to be drawn from the points in 37:45 about the beverage in the cup from the clear-flowing fountain not causing intoxication. Yet, it must again be noted that it is never specified what the drink from the clear-flowing fountain is! In fact, the description of the fountain and the liquid in the cup as "clear" and "crystal-white" would seem to argue against this beverage being wine. Wine, even white wine, is not white in colour nor entirely free from turbidity. Even white wines have a yellowish tint due to the presence of aromatic compounds2, and there will always be some cloudiness due to the presence of fermentation impurities. Further, the very fact that the Qur'an specifically details that the liquid from the fountain does not produce intoxication (37:47) would seem to argue that the author did not have wine (which does produce intoxication) in mind.

Most importantly, however, we should note that the Arabic behind the Quranic statement about wine flowing in rivers in Paradise supports the contention that this wine is alcoholic. Hearkening back to 47:15 earlier, look at the clause "rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink", which in Arabic (transliterated) says - "...waanhaarun min khamrin laththatin lilshshaaribeena..."3. The word translated as "wine" (khamrin) in this passage is from the root khmr. This is a root which has the general meaning of fermentation or leavening; it can denote both the fermentation of juices to produce wine, and it can also denote the rising of bread due to yeast action. Some examples of its use with respect to wine:

l-'islaam harram l-khamir - "Islam declared wine unlawful"

'itha khammar 'asiir l-'inab ma yinshirib - "If grape juice ferments, it will not be drinkable"

In both of the above examples, the khmr root is used to denote either the process of fermentation, or the result of that process - wine. Clearly, when one speaks of khmr in the drinking sense, one is speaking of a fermented beverage produced from grape or other types of fruit juice.

The khmr root is completely absent from the passage in 37:40-47, which would seem to suggest that the Qur'an is not speaking of wine or other fermented beverages in that portion. Likewise, due to the absence, it seems highly unlikely that the liquid in 37:45 is the same as in 47:15, where it is explicitly specified as being wine, khamrin.

Thus, despite the oft-times question-begging claims made by Muslim apologists about this contradiction in the Qur'an, there is not a good textual or contextual reason to believe that the wine presented in 47:15 as flowing in a river in Allah's Paradise is non-alcoholic. Rather, it is described using a word in Arabic which specifically refers to fermented, alcoholic beverages and to the process which makes them that way. Thus, we find that the Qur'an is double-minded on the issue of alcoholic drinks. While wine is dangerous and sinful for Muslims, the product of Satan himself, this drink is yet flowing in great abundance in Allah's Paradise.
-- The Quranic Teaching on Wine and Strong Drink

Last edited:
Surah 2:219
Wines and gambling are Satan’s handiwork—there are some good but great sins.
Contradiction: 47:15 and 83:25 say Allah will serve Satan’s handiwork, wine, in Islamic Paradise.
Every one of these so called contradictions can be easily explained; and most are due to errors in translation from arabic to english.

It would be too time consuming to go thru all of them that you have listed.

So I will throw you a bone on the last one on your list.

Yes, wine will be served in Jannah (heaven) but it will be non alcoholic.

Not the alcoholic wine satan uses to cause mischief on the earth.

No contradiction. :cool:

I think its best that we be honest. Your position is one of an apologist and a dishonest one at that. To claim that the errors, contradictions and outright falsehoods in the Koran are merely translation errors is really an exercise in silliness. I understand your position, and it is clearly the position taken by someone with an agenda to press. To claim translation errors as an excuse for the contradictions will put you at odds with the three mods widely followed translations.

Your personal beliefs are your own but let's not pretend that many contradictions don't exist. Uthman's koran representing both conflicting and inconsistent terms for the natural world is simply a reflection of the lack of a science vocabulary and the many errors and omissions that accompanied the final version of his Koran. That also leaves us to speculate about the veracity of the the claims made by the Koran's primary author, Muhammad (swish).

Not having a requirement to un-critically accept the koran's errors and omissions leaves me in a better position to critique those errors and omissions. I can resolve the contradictions by accepting Islam to be false. Moslems, of course, do not have that same option. They are faced with the contradiction between the author of a book claiming divine guidance and yet having to resolve the divine guidance being drenched in errors. Being unable to accept the fact of errors and contradictions means there is simply no way to resolve the paradox of gods who are inept communicators and sloppy record keepers.

Saheeh Bukhari

Volumn 009, Book 093, Hadith Number 589.

Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Allah said, "I have prepared for My righteous slaves (such excellent things) as no eye has ever seen, nor an ear has ever heard nor a human heart can ever think of.'"

So as we can see paradise is something that is not of this world. So when the Quran talks about rivers of honey that does not mean that it is the same kind of honey that we have in this world. Similarly, when the Quran talks about rivers of wine in paradise that does not mean that it is the same kind of wine that we have here on earth that makes you get drunk and do stupid things and gives you a hangover the next morning. No, not at all. God is just using these terms in order for us to try to imagine what this paradise is kind of like. So the wine of paradise is nothing like the wine of this world.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/islamic_paradise.ht

Look retard, I don't take orders from you, and I am not your personal assistant.

If you have a point (besides the one on top of your head) just make it. :cool:

That would require Bubba to string together more than three hate filled sentences which you and I both know he isn't capable of.:D

I made my point. Crap like this is weak and pitiful, but it's what we can expect from you.

See he cannot seem to string together more than a sentence or two then his feeble little mind grinds to halt. Poor Bubba. He tries but his hate has slowed his brain all he has tie to do is rant and rave before the breaks down in to incohenernt gibberish.

Poor Poor bubba.

Last edited:
Not the least contradiction in the Quran is that it says Allah is merciful, and it then goes on to describe terrible tortures in eternal hell to which Allah will subject unbelievers.

Who wants to be a "righteous slave" for Allah? Raise your butts and bow your heads.

n00021501-b.jpg

Not the least contradiction in the Quran is that it says Allah is merciful, and it then goes on to describe terrible tortures in eternal hell to which Allah will subject unbelievers.

As opposed to christian hell which a barrel of laughs!:badgrin:

Yes. The excellent things, those righteous slaves, sure do deserve some allegorical honey and fake wine.

By flowing streams where the fruit hangs low, and they are waited on by wide eyed youths.

Every dusty old Arabs dream of heaven, promised to them if they fight Muhammads battles for him. But if they turn away from battle they will be accursed.

Muhammad had a good scheme there pretending to be a prophet and getting gullible Arabs to fight and die for him. It worked very well and it is still working today.

Yes. The excellent things, those righteous slaves, sure do deserve some allegorical honey and fake wine.

By flowing streams where the fruit hangs low, and they are waited on by wide eyed youths.

Every dusty old Arabs dream of heaven, promised to them if they fight Muhammads battles for him. But if they turn away from battle they will be accursed.

Muhammad had a good scheme there pretending to be a prophet and getting gullible Arabs to fight and die for him. It worked very well and it is still working today.

As good as L Ron Hubbard.

The bible mentions hell, but the Quran goes a little over the top describing how unbelievers will have boiling liquids poured on their heads, that will melt their skins, and their insides too. And they will have garments of fire, and they will have their skins burnt off and renewed, and burnt off again for all eternity.

Don't you honestly think this crap was all made up by Muhammad to scare silly Arabs?

The bible mentions hell, but the Quran goes a little over the top describing how unbelievers will have boiling liquids poured on their heads, that will melt their skins, and their insides too. And they will have garments of fire, and they will have their skins burnt off and renewed, and burnt off again for all eternity.

Don't you honestly think this crap was all made up by Muhammad to scare silly Arabs?

I think all the magic books are BS. The Bible to scare silly christians , the Torah to scare the jews. Battelfield earth tho scare the scientologists.

The Christian God saves people from hell. You're confused.

Dumb ass if he is eteranl and all powerful then he created hell. Don't be a stoodge your whole life Bubba.

In the New Testament; Jesus supported this form of torture.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42

If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. Matthew 18:8-9

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
...hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever. Revelation 14:10-11

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42

If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. Matthew 18:8-9

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
...hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever. Revelation 14:10-11

The Christian shall never experience death and darkness. Those scriptures are for you unbelievers. Better make the right choice.

The Christian God saves people from hell. You're confused.

Dumb ass if he is eteranl and all powerful then he created hell. Don't be a stoodge your whole life Bubba.

Hell is created for the unbliever. The Christian God provided a way to escape hell. Keep going. I love it when unbelievers show their ignorance publicly.

Right so god created hell. :clap2:

Hell is no picnic sooooo, your god is mean kid with a magnifying glass.

Cherrio!

The Christian shall never experience death and darkness. Those scriptures are for you unbelievers. Better make the right choice.

Well the certainly frightened you into pissing you panties and being a hateful little crusader didn't they!

Mission accoomplished!

Forum List

Back