Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

Atheism is secound only to Islam as a religion of hate

I have to say. I have met a lot of atheists in my life and on these boards and just from my experience, they seem to me to be very angry people who don't have a lot of joy in their lives. Perhaps they do and I just don't see it, but the venom with which they attack religion is often as extreme as some of the extreme elements in various religions themselves. Sometimes I think "sweet Lord have mercy, I am not going to tell you to get God into your life, but you at least need to get a massage, relax, have a drink and chill. You are going to pop an artery in your head." ;)

I can tell you a great story though. There was a guy I knew many, many years ago who had probably the most solid argument for hating religion I have heard. I swear to God in heaven I am not making this up. He was pissed off because he was circumcised as a baby and after he grew up he was furious that his foreskin had been taken from him without his permission and he didn't want to be associated with religion as he was a non-believer. I mean he was seriously angry about it too. You know....ok....I suppose I can see that. I am not sure what he though he was going to do about it.

He had a lousy sense of humor too. I jokingly suggested that he go to a plastic surgeon and inquire about having a Penile Praeputiplasty to have his foreskin reconstructed. Well sometime after that he showed back up very, very angry with me because he had indeed gone to a plastic surgeon and apparently given him the laugh of his life. He wasn't amused. I thought it was funny as hell. :lol:

Correct in a certain sense only.

They hate to see so many theists minds lost to belief in fantasy, miracles, magic and other idiotic beliefs. They hate mental illness of all kinds.

Thank God for that.

Regards
DL

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-slams-deviant-forms-of-religion-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Neither Christians nor Muslims know how deceived they really are by what they observe in this universe.

True and you who says you know are not helping us tell them.

Get with it as time is a wasting.

If you need help the ask. I am here for you but not if you just continue as you have been doing and accomplishing nothing.

Regards
DL

There's nothing we can do to change the minds of those who are under siege by their religious beliefs. I'm only looking for those who listen and learn who we really are. A listener is needed before a teacher can be successful. I have found thousands of people in the past 42 months who love what they hear as I speak to them about the knowledge of God.

Good for you. Strange that you can fathom what is said to be un-fathomable.

Perhaps if you did not just spout the usual people would listen more.

Perhaps you should speak of Jesus' wife.

Regards
DL

I never met any of the wives of the first three century saints.

Forum List

Back