Is the NRA a terrorist organization?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Donald Kaul

I may now be closer to believing the NRA is an organization of terrorists.

I think I hit a nerve.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a thoughtful, well-reasoned column suggesting ways to cut down on gun violence in our ever more violent society. It proposed, among other things:

• Repealing the Second Amendment and with it the right to buy assault weapons at will.

• Declaring the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization and making membership illegal.

• Confiscating all assault, semi-automatic, and other military-style weapons designed to kill large numbers of people very quickly.
As I said, thoughtful, well reasoned.

I also proposed, satirically and more in sorrow than in anger, tying House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to the back of a pickup truck and dragging them around until they agreed to exert some control over guns.

Well, you would have thought I’d suggesting selling Sarah Palin to the Taliban. The Internet exploded in outrage and emails by the hundreds — hundreds! — came flooding in. My phone started ringing incessantly too.

Most of the emails were abusive and a few were borderline threatening. Gun owners, it seems, are a sensitive group whose feelings are easily hurt.

Who knew?

I may now be closer to believing the NRA is an organization of terrorists, however. I’ve been getting hostile telephone calls at all hours of the day and night for the past several days. Why would you call a stranger at 3 a.m. if you weren’t trying to frighten him? It’s what terrorists do — frighten people.

I rest my case.

More: How a Bit of Satire Earned Me Round-the-Clock Abuse and Threats of Violence from Gun-Nuts | Alternet

By Donald Kaul

I may now be closer to believing the NRA is an organization of terrorists.

I think I hit a nerve.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a thoughtful, well-reasoned column suggesting ways to cut down on gun violence in our ever more violent society. It proposed, among other things:

• Repealing the Second Amendment and with it the right to buy assault weapons at will.

• Declaring the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization and making membership illegal.

• Confiscating all assault, semi-automatic, and other military-style weapons designed to kill large numbers of people very quickly.
As I said, thoughtful, well reasoned.

I also proposed, satirically and more in sorrow than in anger, tying House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to the back of a pickup truck and dragging them around until they agreed to exert some control over guns.

Well, you would have thought I’d suggesting selling Sarah Palin to the Taliban. The Internet exploded in outrage and emails by the hundreds — hundreds! — came flooding in. My phone started ringing incessantly too.

Most of the emails were abusive and a few were borderline threatening. Gun owners, it seems, are a sensitive group whose feelings are easily hurt.

Who knew?

I may now be closer to believing the NRA is an organization of terrorists, however. I’ve been getting hostile telephone calls at all hours of the day and night for the past several days. Why would you call a stranger at 3 a.m. if you weren’t trying to frighten him? It’s what terrorists do — frighten people.

I rest my case.

More: How a Bit of Satire Earned Me Round-the-Clock Abuse and Threats of Violence from Gun-Nuts | Alternet

"It's what terrorists do, frighten them".

Coming from the author of the piece that wanted to do these things but now says it was just satire? So what he wrote was not threatening to anyone. Please.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.

I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control,"

BTW Mr. Kaul Thousands of Americans are legitimately registered as members of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), as is their right under the Constitution of the United States of America.

No, but the Lakota indians sure were.

Btw, good to see ya' back, Tonto.

Hey, i've got some freshly clipped scrotum hairs, I figured you and the tribe could use 'em as toothpicks or whatnot.......I'll trade ya' straight up for some Beaver pelts......You interested?

It's scary to even share the highways with you NaziCon retards.

"NaziCon Retards"? LOL I decided to Google that for a funny response, but you know what when I do the only thing that comes up are YOUR comments on this forum calling anyone YOU disagree with a "NaziCon Retard". I guess that is funny, but perhaps more of a reflection on you. Sad.

CaféAuLait;6629450 said:
It's scary to even share the highways with you NaziCon retards.

"NaziCon Retards"? LOL I decided to Google that for a funny response, but you know what when I do the only thing that comes up are YOUR comments on this forum calling anyone YOU disagree with a "NaziCon Retard". I guess that is funny, but perhaps more of a reflection on you. Sad.
He's such a kindhearted, caring lil' liberal.

NRA has never committed a terrorist act.

Unlike 1600 ordering the massacre of innocent women and children at Waco. Clinton and Reno were responsible for that act of terrorism against American civilians.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a terrorist organization, but they do seem to have a lot of nuts in that circle. I have in the passed been a member, and still own firearms. Yet, when I look around and listen to some of the exortations coming from people associated with that group or in fringe gun groups, I have to shutter sometimes and think of reaching for my own gun for in fear of them.

Crazy times, with crazy people, and it seems the craziest want more people to have more guns.

again, the left doesn't like their OWN GAME turned and used on them

damn FUNNY poor poor Donny :lol::eusa_boohoo:

If the NRA is a terrorist organization, then so is Planned Parenthood.

there I said it.

Forum List

Back