Is the NFL Season On or Off?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
I don't care about ending lockouts. I don't care about salary caps, free agency or unionization of the water boys. All I want to know, as of July 25, 2011 at 3:40 PDT, is ARE WE OR ARE WE NOT GOING TO HAVE AN NFL SEASON THIS YEAR?

All I am getting from the media is bull shit. One guy says it's on. Another guy says not only is it not on, but it looks like the players are going to balk at agreeeing.

Are we or aren't we?

Are you ready for some football???

It's on ... It's on... Go lions!!!!!!

I kind of figured it was. But I have been listening to the NFL Network, which seems to be devoting 24/7 to the labor dispute, and those morons - I don't know if you have been watching, but they never commit to anything. They hedge around and hint that it's a done deal, but always then seem to come up with a "however."

I, by the way, am a long time Detroit Lions fan. Back in the - well, a long, long time ago - I read a book called "Paper Lion" by George Plimpton. He was a sports writer who actually suited up with the Lions for pre season and I think maybe one actual game. He practiced with them, played with them and wrote about his experiences.

He tells of pranks played on him by Alex Karras. I have been a fan of the Lions ever since. Always will be.

patriots.jpg

I've watched every painful minute of the last ten years. I cheered Barry. I was devestated when Eddie Murray was wide right. I was crushed when Billy Sims blew out his knee. Now, I will once again don my Honalulu blue and silver, and wear those colors proudly. Hope springs eternal. Go Lions!!!!

Am I the only one who hates that the season is on? I love football but screw these greedy, egocentric (insert nasty word here). I wanted to see them eat dirt this year and I can find many other things to do on Sunday.

I've watched every painful minute of the last ten years. I cheered Barry. I was devestated when Eddie Murray was wide right. I was crushed when Billy Sims blew out his knee. Now, I will once again don my Honalulu blue and silver, and wear those colors proudly. Hope springs eternal. Go Lions!!!!

Ah yes, this year is the year. I say that every year but this time we finally seem to be putting together a decent football team if they can stay healthy. Mayhew and Schwartz have finally brought competent management to the Lions. If they can sign an FA LB like Tulloch and a CB like JJoe, we could be looking at 10-6 and playoffs baby.

Note to Trajan: stick it!

You love the Bears but you have a Go Steelers icon? Are we a tad conflicted?
I collect bears hence the screen name. I am originally from Pittsburgh so no other team will have my heart. My husband is from IL was a Bears fan until he married me now he is a die hard Steelers fan:eusa_whistle:

Your husbands a pussy.

No offense, just sayin..
Nah I would call my husband that. He just knows who is the better team is. Plus when he married me my dad told him had to be a Steeler fan LOL.. Of course he made up his own choice. HE still likes the bears but he prefers the Steelers

I collect bears hence the screen name. I am originally from Pittsburgh so no other team will have my heart. My husband is from IL was a Bears fan until he married me now he is a die hard Steelers fan:eusa_whistle:

Your husbands a pussy.

No offense, just sayin..
Nah I would call my husband that. He just knows who is the better team is. Plus when he married me my dad told him had to be a Steeler fan LOL.. Of course he made up his own choice. HE still likes the bears but he prefers the Steelers

LOL, of course he did, the smart choice.

I'd love to see Hines Field. The last time I was in Three Rivers I was watching the Pittsburgh Maulers play the New Jersey Generals. Herschel Walker was insane, and Mike Rozier got knocked out flat and out of the game. New Jersey won but I can't remember the score. But I enjoyed Three Rivers, and loved the city of Pittsburgh. Some of the most beautiful countryside in America. Love Pennsylvania.

I'd love to see Hines Field. The last time I was in Three Rivers I was watching the Pittsburgh Maulers play the New Jersey Generals. Herschel Walker was insane, and Mike Rozier got knocked out flat and out of the game. New Jersey won but I can't remember the score. But I enjoyed Three Rivers, and loved the city of Pittsburgh. Some of the most beautiful countryside in America. Love Pennsylvania.

Pittsburgh is a very pretty city

Forum List

Back